• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2018
does anyone have a fix for the slowpoke well crashing? everytime i beat team rocket and kurt comes and says blah blah ty DOOD for saving the slowpoke and he takes me back to his house with promises of candy and popsicles the game always freezes at the black loading screen. i got a clean version of the fire red base and LC ips and still the exact same spot. any suggestions?

Are you using the recommend Visual Boy Advanced emulator? I get this error sometimes when playing on Gameboid, but if I save before fighting the final Rocket, I can usually get past it after a couple tries. It seems to trigger for me only like 30% of the time. I get a similar error in Burnt Tower.

Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2012
So I have a couple of questions.

First, after beating the rockets in safari zone Axel told me to go to the Dragon's Den. I went there, but there's no one. I've worked my way through the cave and eventually reached the mansion with those diaries talking about reigrock and stuff, and reached the Temple of Stone, but what am I supposed to do or where am I supposed to go? There's no one anywhere.

I'd like to insist on that one.

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2023
Hello, really like this hack particularly the physical/ special split feature... would it be possible to put the second floor of the pokecentre back in for the colosseum, or would it be fairly easy to implement myself, thanks, James

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Are you using the recommend Visual Boy Advanced emulator? I get this error sometimes when playing on Gameboid, but if I save before fighting the final Rocket, I can usually get past it after a couple tries. It seems to trigger for me only like 30% of the time. I get a similar error in Burnt Tower.

Yeah, it's happened to me the last 2 times I've tried to actually play the game, but the thing is that we simply CAN'T nail down what actually causes it. One of the strangest bugs I've ever encountered.

Hello, really like this hack particularly the physical/ special split feature... would it be possible to put the second floor of the pokecentre back in for the colosseum, or would it be fairly easy to implement myself, thanks, James

No. The linking is utterly broken, hence why we removed it XD.

Years
got another issue...

found some bugs...
1.printer at goldenrod game corner as i mentioned above(shows flamethrower,thunderbolt & ice beam)...
2.in battle tower,when i talk to a lady for a battle,menu shows miracle seed,charcoal & so on instead of battle types...
3.at maghony town,lance event occurs instantly in the house though u've not finished the red gyarados event at lake of rage...
4.inside radio tower, the team rocket theme(spooky music) plays before it is taken over by team rockets(i.e. before rocket event that occurs after maghony rocket secret base event)
5.not a bug but i think u've forgot to include Earl,the teacher at violet city...

we somehow cant plant a berry at route 43( on the way to lake of rage-red gyarados)
after picking them...
i believe im using the latest live beta from the first page/post.... & the recommended VBA 1.8.0 emulator...

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2012
Not sure if this has been mentioned before but when I'm going through Victory Road and at the end when I'm supposed to fight my rival my game just freezes. I've tried to reopen my game over 20 times and still it keeps freezing. IDk if I can just walk through walls and go around him or if this has been patched. Any help would be appreciated

ZpAnish

Ex-Con
Years
ok so i just finished up to the first gym on valencia island and i still haven't run into Kyogre. In the undersea express, the train shutdown and i powered it back up....no kyogre. I read a previous post that someone caught kyogre right before powering up the train, did i by chance miss my opportunity to catch it? O.o

Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2012
On that, after the Safari Zone and into the Dragon's Den, you don't go South. Instead you head East, where you should see a cave opening in the wall.

Oh wow, I can't believe I didn't see that the first time. Thanks man :D

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
Years
ok so i just finished up to the first gym on valencia island and i still haven't run into Kyogre. In the undersea express, the train shutdown and i powered it back up....no kyogre. I read a previous post that someone caught kyogre right before powering up the train, did i by chance miss my opportunity to catch it? O.o

I think you did, as you were supposed to fight Kyogre as the train was down.

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2012
Where is Zapdos in this game? I've put the flutes in the pedestals in Outskirt Island and beaten the game many times, but I can't seem to find it. I remembered that Zapdos should be in the Power Plant part of Rock Tunnel (which looks like the abandoned original power plant, but it doesn't appear at all.

Note: I found out that the Zapdos bug has to do something with the pedestals at Outskirt Island. If I put the flutes at the pedestals, Zapdos may not appear at the abandoned power plant.

Last edited:

ZpAnish

Ex-Con
Years
I think you did, as you were supposed to fight Kyogre as the train was down.

Just my luck...sigh, I tried looking for him while the train was down but i was limited to how far i could move from the train on the right side and if I tried to go on the other side the "Ex-gym leader" stopped me and told me to power up the train, so i thought it was like the Groudon scenario where you'd have to return on your own timing to catch it. Thanks for the reply though.

[EDIT]
Stroke of luck as i had a savestate on my computer (i play on my psp mostly) of the moment before i surfed to the Undersea Express, i went over the 'Train & Kyogre' scenario again and in fact there is no Kyogre...just nothing. The guard outside the train thanks me for defeating it and gave me an ultra ball although i didnt do or see anything...this is a major Bug :(

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2016
I am now in the LEAF BAY CITY in the orange island. But I can't enter GYM in the LEAF BAY CITY. I have finished the GYM in the MEADOW TOWN already.How can I do ? Do I update to the newest Beta3.1 able to tackle the problem?

Is Leaf Bay Island still the end of the beta?

I am now in the LEAF BAY CITY in the orange island. But I can't enter GYM in the LEAF BAY CITY. Do you mean this ?

Last edited:
Years
i somehow didnt get a clear bell or anything from the director after chasing out the team rockets at radio tower... director tells his dialouge,thanks you but somehow there's no clear bell or reward in your bag...

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2014
Anyone know what level Lugia learns aeroblast? I tried using the move relearner (it was level 40 in the original game), but it wasn't there. I just want to know if I need to hit a really high level or something

Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2012
does someone else have problems with talking to the ex gym leader in the undersea express? well we were heading out to see whats going on and he ran over to the kyogre and everytime i try to talk to him the rom crashes. and if im trying to talk/battle kyogre it changes its sprite to a moltress (lol) and tells me welcome to the undersea express (:

Years
  • Seen Apr 1, 2012
Hey, I just started playing LC, and whenever my totodile tries to evolve, my game freezes, can anyone help me please?

poopydude

PKMN Master
Years
Hello All! I wanted to start this hack up but use charmander as my starter instead of one of the three johto starters. So I used hackmews starter editor and when i go to choose charmander the game freezes after Elm says "this pokemon is really energetic". So Since I am unable to do this could anyone possibly tell me where I can find charmander? Is it in the wild or given to you by someone? Thank you !

Back