• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Nova Luna - V5 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
title_by_p_sign-d60qksx.png

It's been way too long since the last release in my opinion, due to problems with spriters and my rather busy life. However, I am really proud to give you this: Version 4 of my fangame I started working on almost two years ago. Loads of changes have been made in that period, from minor edits to maps to massive changes to the storyline. The game now features gameplay up to the fourth gym, which means that you'll enjoy yourself for quite a few hours
wink.gif
The game has not been tested for bugs that much so you might encounter them: if so, please contact me and I'll do everything I can to solve it.

I want to thank everyone here for supporting me throughout the years and especially my friends who have also helped me a great deal with criticism and good ideas. You guys rock and I sincerely hope you will have loads of fun playing this game.

Please read the license.txt and credits.txt before playing the game
wink.gif

Now, without further ado, the long awaited download link:
https://mega.co.nz/#!Od01yRbT!U0exXx821WsKjscQdwzZDVgTIrdnrTxqHeKjiF4m3yY

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2020
No glitches so far. I love it so far. The graphics are amazing, so is the map layouts. I'm really glad you were able to release this masterpiece's 4th beta. Thanks :)

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
I'm glad you enjoy it :)

Updated the download link with the game and the audio in one package, plus a bug fix. If you've already downloaded the game, please download the new version as you might get stuck at a house at Anano Coast.

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2017
Wonderful game! The only thing that I have to say as far as improvements is the movements of the characters and people as it's slow, pausing with each step.

Otherwise this is brilliant and well done.

Edit: Ran into a bug~ After you speak to the rich kid and he gives you money, the game glitches and crashes.

Last edited:

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
I think u may have replied to comments like this but is there any chance whatsoever of your pokemon following u? Pls reply.

I don't think this will be added as it is quite a hassle to implement it. When the game is finished, which is my primary goal, I will look into it ;)

Wonderful game! The only thing that I have to say as far as improvements is the movements of the characters and people as it's slow, pausing with each step.

Otherwise this is brilliant and well done.

Edit: Ran into a bug~ After you speak to the rich kid and he gives you money, the game glitches and crashes.

Thank you very much! I have identified the problem and fixed it. Regarding the performance issues, I have not found a solution to that yet. I will be looking into it, as a smooth experience is high priority.

I thought either I sucked or the game was broken, but it's honestly nothing, I had posted a Demo gameplay on youtube and go to that training at the end and kept loosing.

Ah, I only now recognize you xD
I will lower the difficulty of the beta as I have received received criticism that the game is a bit too hard.

Oh why i can't open it ?
Error ?
I assume you can't open the game? That's weird, can you describe the error?

Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2023
wanna try, but link not worked..

Code:
Connection closed by remote server

You tried to access the address https://mega.co.nz/, which is currently unavailable. Please make sure that the web address (URL) is correctly spelled and punctuated, then try reloading the page.

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2017
The more I play this, the more addicted I become! I'm excited for when this entire game is finished so I can make a full play through :3

Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2020
This looks very promising, but I can't seem to download the demo. The link takes me to MEGA and the site loads, but it freezes before it actually starts the download. I have the feeling this is something on my end, but regardless, a mirror of some kind would be extremely helpful in case the first link fails for others as well.

Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2023
This game looks awesome, im not really a fan of playing games instead of rom hacks on the pc, but this one looks so good that im gonna play it :P

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I've uploaded the game on Mediafire as well ;)
http://www.mediafire.com/?k5407gf7uak97xa

Hey, I decided to try your game since its on mediafire and I had some extra time:

I think it was awesome, I had some fun, and it was an interesting game and I wanted to keep moving on
but there were some problems that can be fixed
the tree right before/at the very beginning of the first route and the first town, the player is seen on top of the tile, rather than under it like most other trees
When you get your pokemon healed by your mom(and probably anywhere as well) for the first time when you have opened the game, it takes an awkward amount of time, thats weird because it is an Midi audio file, while you have other ogg files for everything else

finally, in the second town with the band place, the "stage" tile right behind the the accordion guy, you can walk right on it and be on the stage behind the players

Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2020
Thanks for uploading the mirror! I downloaded the game and began playing just fine.

However, shortly after reaching the second town, I encountered an error. I went into the brown building on the left and talked to the guy who claims to be "very rich" and apparently he gives you money? So I checked my trainer card to see if he did, and the card was completely blank (save for my trainer sprite), and it simply appeared over the game screen and I could still do other things like scroll the pause menu's cursor. But then when I closed it and talked to the guy again, I got this error:

Script 'PokemonMessages' line 1079: NoMethodError occurred.

unidentified method 'screen_x' for nil:NilClass

And the game closed. I had not saved since starting the game. It was kind of a let down.

However, I did enjoy my time with the game up until that point! So, I will give it another shot. I just thought I'd report those oddities if it might help.

EDIT: And shortly after restarting the game, I received another error after talking to the professor's aide standing outside the lab a second time.

Script 'Interpreter' line 276: RuntimeError occurred.

Script error within event 9, map 9 (Neta Village):
Exception: SyntaxError
(eval):1: syntax error
pbCallBub(2, 009)
_______^
***Full script:
pbCallBub(2, 009)

So I guess the moral of the story is: don't talk to strangers? :L

(kinda wish I could just post screenshots instead of having to transcribe the entire error box but oh well)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back