• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2011
I am guessing that the OW you are mentioning is maybe created via a level script. Try and remove the level script in your map on the Header tab of advance map.
NOTE: Save a back-up copy of your hack before performing this.

I am guessing that your given free space is near some existing data of the ROM. Usually, we should find free space that has A LOT of free space available, and not near any data.

You are a cool person. I guess my freespace wasn't free enough, heh. xP Thanks!

One other thing, though; where in unLZ are the sprites in the intro with Oak? I have seen them not.

Sacred Dragon

Yes, that's a Mewtwo
Years
Question

Hey, how do you get scripts in XSE to work correctly? I have tried so many times, but it never does what it is supposed to do. Here's the script:

Code:
#dynamic 0x<offset>

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @1 0x6
release
end

#org @1
= Test\nText.
I compiled it and copied the offset over to A-Map, but it still won't show text. I can click and the person will face me as intended, but it won't show the text box at all. What do I do?

SKRoy

Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
Hello (first sorry about my English, I'm Dutch),

I want to make a wild battle script. I have te overworld of a Lugia. I make my wild battle script in PokéTronic, because I'm not very good with scripting. But when you fight with the Lugia and the fight is over he's not away... How can I make a wild battle fight, that when the fight is over that the Pokémon is gone?

I'm a beginner so maby someone have a tutorial or a easy script or something?

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Hello (first sorry about my English, I'm Dutch),

I want to make a wild battle script. I have te overworld of a Lugia. I make my wild battle script in PokéTronic, because I'm not very good with scripting. But when you fight with the Lugia and the fight is over he's not away... How can I make a wild battle fight, that when the fight is over that the Pokémon is gone?

I'm a beginner so maby someone have a tutorial or a easy script or something?

Write the flag of the script to your OW's Person I.D.
2nqr585.png

bobrom

:P
Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2011
how do make the hero move when the hero goes on a certian tile example:oak stops you from going into tall grass if you have yet to get your starter

i dint mean to make the :0 face it was supposed to be example: oak...ext

Last edited:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Hey, how do you get scripts in XSE to work correctly? I have tried so many times, but it never does what it is supposed to do. Here's the script:

Code:
#dynamic 0x<offset>

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @1 0x6
release
end

#org @1
= Test\nText.
I compiled it and copied the offset over to A-Map, but it still won't show text. I can click and the person will face me as intended, but it won't show the text box at all. What do I do?

If you open the script from A-Map does it still look somewhat similar to the script you've shown or is it a bunch of random commands?

how do make the hero move when the hero goes on a certian tile example:oak stops you from going into tall grass if you have yet to get your starter

Moving the player (or any other overworld) requires the scripting command 'applymovement'. Most scripting tutorials in the tutorial section cover this.

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2011
Uhh, okay, I've got another question. Where on earth are the hero's backsprites? o_O I looked through literally every picture on unLZ, and I didn't see them. Are they one of the many unidentifiable scribbles, or do I need another program entirely to edit them? Help?

Sacred Dragon

Yes, that's a Mewtwo
Years

It is not too bad; you just need a script to check your pokemon. If it returns no, then it moves you back spaces and does not allow you to pass, but if it returns yes, then it does nothing and lets you through.

Code:
#dynamic 0x<offset>

#org @start
countpokemon
if 0x1 goto @success
goto @fail
end

#org @fail
lock
msgbox @blocked 0x6
release
applymovement 0xFF @moveback
end

#org @blocked
= Nope...

#org @moveback
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0xFE

#org @success
end
That is if your are going right. You can change the movements accordingly. That may be too simple or not too complex, but that's the basic idea. You can edit the text to be Oak: ..., or whatever you want as well.

Last edited:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Uhh, okay, I've got another question. Where on earth are the hero's backsprites? o_O I looked through literally every picture on unLZ, and I didn't see them. Are they one of the many unidentifiable scribbles, or do I need another program entirely to edit them? Help?

They aren't compressed sprites so they aren't in UNlz.

You can edit them through a tutorial such as this or use the bookmarks in NSE.

SKRoy

Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016

Write the flag of the script to your OW's Person I.D.
2nqr585.png

Oké I understand, but when you make a script with PokéTronic you don't see the script. You must choose the level and the Pokémon and than you get a code. That code you must type by advanced map, but you don't get a script where you can place the flag in. And... I'm not good with scripts, so how can I make a script with a flag?

Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2011
I found the search function! Yay for me. My search criteria were too weak or the results were not obvious / buried in threads with lots of posts. I found this simple question thread so I'll ask it here.

I'm interested in an IPS patch. I think it would have been done before, but it's not a full-blown hack so much as a simple mod and I can't find a simple mod section of this forum. I can only find the hacks that are basically new games.

This IPS patch would take out the Emerald-ness to Pokemon Emerald US (and or UK if they are different). By this, I mean I'd like a patch to make Brendan and May's characters (in overworld map view when running/fishing/biking/surfing, pokemon trainer card, and in battle-back-view when throwing pokeballs out) to look like they did in Ruby and Sapphire.

I've attempted to do this myself and only made it so far as to get the pointer to the 'green bandana/backpack' Brendan and May of the trainer card sprite/choose gender screen to point to the sprite for the Ruby/Sapphire version. I used RS Ball for that.

I'm now working on the graphics for the characters when in overworld 'walking around mode' / fishing / surfing / bike riding mode. I opened it up with Overworld Editor Rebirth Edition v1.1.3, but I have kind of a problem figuring out how to copy over characters from ruby to emerald. I had to resort to opening up emerald and ruby in programs side-by-side and editing each pixel of each from by hand since I don't know how to copy full tiles over. It doesn't help that I'm color-blind to dark-blue and black.

That got me to thinking... I bet someone else has already done this somewhere so I decided to look. If anyone can point me in the direction of something that sounds like what I'm after, that would be great.

Also, a while back, I made a simple map mod of Route 132, 133, and 134 of Hoenn that removed the rapids from those areas so you could freely surf around and pick up and fight the people and things you needed to in those areas without the need to fly back to Pacifilodge Town and riding the rapids over and over.

My PC hard drive failed since then, but I plan on doing this again and making another IPS patch for myself. I was curious if I did that again, I'd like to share it with the community. Before it was just made by myself for myself and never released. Is there a place for stuff like that here that I could share it? Again, all I can find are full-blown hacks that are basically new games.

Thanks in advance for any kindness and help anyone offers.

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Hey, Is there any way possible to modify/edit/replace trainer sprites in R/B?
The sprites are compressed. You will have to extract the images, decompress them, and edit them, then recompress and insert them back into the ROM.

Here is information on the compression algorithm.

Alternately, you could rewrite the ASM for decompression to allow use of uncompressed images. Sawakita (Pokémon Wood) and Koolboyman (Pokémon Brown) have done this, although Brown's is buggy.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
I found the search function! Yay for me. My search criteria were too weak or the results were not obvious / buried in threads with lots of posts. I found this simple question thread so I'll ask it here.

I'm interested in an IPS patch. I think it would have been done before, but it's not a full-blown hack so much as a simple mod and I can't find a simple mod section of this forum. I can only find the hacks that are basically new games.

This IPS patch would take out the Emerald-ness to Pokemon Emerald US (and or UK if they are different). By this, I mean I'd like a patch to make Brendan and May's characters (in overworld map view when running/fishing/biking/surfing, pokemon trainer card, and in battle-back-view when throwing pokeballs out) to look like they did in Ruby and Sapphire.

I've attempted to do this myself and only made it so far as to get the pointer to the 'green bandana/backpack' Brendan and May of the trainer card sprite/choose gender screen to point to the sprite for the Ruby/Sapphire version. I used RS Ball for that.

I'm now working on the graphics for the characters when in overworld 'walking around mode' / fishing / surfing / bike riding mode. I opened it up with Overworld Editor Rebirth Edition v1.1.3, but I have kind of a problem figuring out how to copy over characters from ruby to emerald. I had to resort to opening up emerald and ruby in programs side-by-side and editing each pixel of each from by hand since I don't know how to copy full tiles over. It doesn't help that I'm color-blind to dark-blue and black.

That got me to thinking... I bet someone else has already done this somewhere so I decided to look. If anyone can point me in the direction of something that sounds like what I'm after, that would be great.

Also, a while back, I made a simple map mod of Route 132, 133, and 134 of Hoenn that removed the rapids from those areas so you could freely surf around and pick up and fight the people and things you needed to in those areas without the need to fly back to Pacifilodge Town and riding the rapids over and over.

My PC hard drive failed since then, but I plan on doing this again and making another IPS patch for myself. I was curious if I did that again, I'd like to share it with the community. Before it was just made by myself for myself and never released. Is there a place for stuff like that here that I could share it? Again, all I can find are full-blown hacks that are basically new games.

Thanks in advance for any kindness and help anyone offers.

Just export each of the frames from Ruby/Sapphire in Overworld Editor (File > Export Bitmap) and import them into Emerald (File > Import Bitmap). If you need to, click the "Import Palette" checkbox as well to change the color scheme to match.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Oké I understand, but when you make a script with PokéTronic you don't see the script. You must choose the level and the Pokémon and than you get a code. That code you must type by advanced map, but you don't get a script where you can place the flag in. And... I'm not good with scripts, so how can I make a script with a flag?

Simple, learn how to script.
Use XSE, and read tutorials.

Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2011
Just export each of the frames from Ruby/Sapphire in Overworld Editor (File > Export Bitmap) and import them into Emerald (File > Import Bitmap). If you need to, click the "Import Palette" checkbox as well to change the color scheme to match.

Thank you Metapod23!!! That helped so much. I now have the overworld characters looking like they did in Ruby. I have the characters displayed on trainer card / gender select screen / vs Trainer May/Brendan all looking correctly how I wanted. My only remaining problem is how would I go about changing the character's backs in battle when they throw out pokeballs at the start of battle?

I have some thoughts, but if there is an easy way / easy tools that someone knows of, that would be great.

Edit: RS Ball can do the backs of Ruby, but says: Trainer Backpics not specified in the INI.
Edit: Dang it. Pallets are messed up on a few NPCs. Gonna have to mess around with overworld sprites some more.

Last edited:

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Thank you Metapod23!!! That helped so much. I now have the overworld characters looking like they did in Ruby. I have the characters displayed on trainer card / gender select screen / vs Trainer May/Brendan all looking correctly how I wanted. My only remaining problem is how would I go about changing the character's backs in battle when they throw out pokeballs at the start of battle?

I have some thoughts, but if there is an easy way / easy tools that someone knows of, that would be great.

Edit: RS Ball can do the backs of Ruby, but says: Trainer Backpics not specified in the INI.
Edit: Dang it. Pallets are messed up on a few NPCs. Gonna have to mess around with overworld sprites some more.

You're welcome. I haven't tried to hack the backsprites in Ruby really, but here's a tutorial I found:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=222288

jabberjabber8

../\..
Years
For some reason when i replace a map on fire red with a new map it always has the same name as the first town, and if i try to change the name it changes the name of the first town as well...
I understand you can only have so many map names in one rom but i am not adding a new map i am replacing a old one and i would like to keep the name of the old one...

If anyone knows how to fix this can you please PM me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back