• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Adding New Moves into Emerald

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2021
Thanks! Haven't tested that yet but I can guarantee to have those necessary. Are you sure with DE83A? You said that it seems to mess up move animations when the limiter is disabled.

Edited the first post!

So far it only mess with the second part of doom desire animation. My animation offset is 2D841E if you want to test because I don't know how to explain.. But it's not a big deal.

Aureolos

Axelle Harvelle
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 18, 2017
Repoint all references of the Move Effects to the new offset. Replace all A8862D08 to the pointer of your new table (example: your new table is at F10000 then your pointer should be 0000F108).
So I understand what it means to repoint something, but I don't know what exactly this means. Where/how do I go about repointing to the new location (which in my case is E3DB48)?

The Attack Editor on GBA Pokemon Game Editor doesn't seem to have a way to repoint the Move Effects table.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
So I understand what it means to repoint something, but I don't know what exactly this means. Where/how do I go about repointing to the new location (which in my case is E3DB48)?

The Attack Editor on GBA Pokemon Game Editor doesn't seem to have a way to repoint the Move Effects table.

If your new table is at E3DB48, just replace all pointers of the old table (A8 86 2D 08) into your new table 48 DB E3 08. Another way to edit effects table is using Battle Script Pro "BSP"

Announcement: I will be redoing this tutorial more clear and clean.

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2021

You repoint with an Hex editor by selecting a bunch of hex number, it is not done with an Attack Editor.

Try HxD

Aureolos

Axelle Harvelle
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 18, 2017
Okay thanks, guys. That's helps a lot. But just to be clear, I've counted 6 pointers, is that right? (sorry)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
Okay thanks, guys. That's helps a lot. But just to be clear, I've counted 6 pointers, is that right? (sorry)

Which one that counted six pointers? Is it the effects, animations, descriptions table? Well, no matter how much the occurrences have counted, it will still be pointing to a certain data.

Anyway, I have rewritten the tutorial in a very clean and clear way.

My 200th post... I'm a happy Misdreavus. LOL

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 28, 2017
Great job on this, All 719 moves from gen 1-7 are ready to go in my hack, but there is one issue, blank moves are appearing as meditate for me instead of "-" and I can't figure out why. I'm assuming there is a pointer somewhere that points to the normally empty move slot for the blank moves, but I still haven't found anything yet. If you find something, please let me know! Thank you again for this tutorial.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 28, 2017
Update: It is only doing it in battle, the moves are fine in the pokemon's summary. Also tried renaming meditate in PGE, but that didn't work either.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
None of this is making any sense. I can't find the move names table at all. This is all confusing to me. It'd be better if someone showed me on youtube instead of telling me!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
How do you add free space with hxd editor? I tried googling ways to add free space, but all of it just says, "Freeware Hex Editor", or Free Hex Editor. I think that google is useless when it comes to trying to find anything, or maybe I'm limited because of my stupid computer. Whatever...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
How do you select and copy the 4615 bytes (0x1207 bytes) of data? I don't know how to do this. It would be easier if there were pictures?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
I have a problem with adding new moves. After I added new moves to my rom hack, I tried editing the movesets of each Pokemon. But when I go to my game, the entire screen is white and unplayable. Please tell me what I did wrong and stop ignoring me when I post here. It sucks that everyone else gets to edit the movesets of pkmn in their games, yet I always screw up my game. Tell me how? I think its unfair that everyone gets to make whatever rom hacks they do and I always have to start over everytime I mess up. Its bull. Absolute bull. If you guys won't show me instead of telling me, then maybe rom hacks should be illegal. Just forget it...

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
I have a problem. When I used this method, I went to 3GT to add a move
and changed the description offset. But when I tried to start the game, I ended up with a white screen. What does it mean?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
This is pointless. I added more moves using this method and hex editing, but when I repointed one Pokémon moveset and added more moves, but when I started my game, it showed a white error screen. So if I can't find a way, then I'll make a rom hack with fairy type and no moves. Not my fault!

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Jul 21, 2023
Need help
I am use Emerald
I add new moves, but Metronome working only Pound (1) to Psycho Boost (354) How to expand random moves for Metronome

Back