< >
Hello, guest! Please log in or register.

The PokéCommunity

Go Back     The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources Tutorial diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Reply Post Reply

Old October 27th, 2015 (6:38 AM).
The Seven Pokés: Lanturn

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to GamerChief222
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunos View Post
1) Nope, Uruguayan.
2) I've found something in a French forum.
Since i don't know how to speak French i've tried to interpret it as far as i was possible to..
Apparently, it has to do something with the Offset of the Sprite.

Sorry, i can't help you too much with this.. u_u
The best you could do is create a new thread in Beginner's Lounge exposing the problem and waiting for answers.
Yeah, I've seen that French Forum to, I used Bing Translator to help me, it's mostly about indexing images, but I'll post it at the beginner's lounge, with a Print Screen to help
Lanturn is my Favorite Pokémon!
Currently working on a romhack called Pokemon Hoenn Revolution
Need Help For the Rom

Relevant Advertising!

Old November 27th, 2015 (6:39 AM).

Nature: Quiet
Hello. Dunno if my question is not off-topic but I would really like to use XSE but everytime I try to launch it, I get Runtime-error '380' Invalid property value. I am using 1.1.0.1. Thanks in advance.
Old January 9th, 2016 (3:37 AM).

You know coz I'm really nooby? How would you find existing scripts in XSE? I want to change Steven's script in Pokémon Emerald so he has the Champion battle music and I think I have the right script for it, but I feel like I'd massively screw up something if I were to insert a new script so I just want to find Steven's script and change the one part that controls his battle music. Thanks!
Old February 15th, 2016 (4:32 PM).

I'm trying to make a script for fire red. I want to find out how to make a sprite hidden by default, like Oak in pallet town. Basically, I want the sprite to be hidden in the overworld until the showsprite command is used.
Old February 16th, 2016 (3:17 AM).
Never Evolve

Nature: Jolly
... Me and you are in the same boat buddy. It seems like the most simple question but yet I can't find any answers. My only idea is to set the person ID flag, for the person you want hidden by default, somewhere earlier in the game. But I know, or, I assume there must be a better way. Consider this post the same question. Help us!
Old 4 Weeks Ago (3:17 PM).

Hello can someone please help with my script.
its as following :

player talks to NPC, NPC says text1, NPC walks 3 tiles to right & looks up, NPC says text2, NPC walks 3 tiles to the left, NPC says text 3.

PROBLEM : NPC does not move at all but shows all text's in a row.
in Advanced map 1.92 my NPC does have the correct # which is 11.

the script :

'---------------
#dynamic 0x6B35B0

#org @start
faceplayer
msgbox @talk1 0x6
applymovement 0x11 @move1
waitmovement 0x11
msgbox @talk2 0x6
applymovement 0x11 @move2
waitmovement 0x11
msgbox @talk3 0x6
release
end

#org @move1
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x1
#raw 0xFE

#org @move2
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x12
#raw 0x0
#raw 0xFE

#org @talk1
= Lets see what the sign says.

#org @talk2
= hmm... Pallet Town.

#org @talk3
= We sure live in a quite town.

please help me out.
scripting is really frustrating and i tried multiple tutorials on pokecommunity and youtube as well..

thanks in regards.

Nirand
Old 4 Weeks Ago (4:30 PM).

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by legendofdumbness View Post
I'm trying to make a script for fire red. I want to find out how to make a sprite hidden by default, like Oak in pallet town. Basically, I want the sprite to be hidden in the overworld until the showsprite command is used.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachux2 View Post
... Me and you are in the same boat buddy. It seems like the most simple question but yet I can't find any answers. My only idea is to set the person ID flag, for the person you want hidden by default, somewhere earlier in the game. But I know, or, I assume there must be a better way. Consider this post the same question. Help us!
correct me if i'm wrong, but i'm pretty sure oak is hidden in pallet town by a level script, as are the npcs that move around in cerulean (i.e. police officer in front of robbed house and slowbro girl)
i can pull these up really quickly, but it's easy to see for yourselves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gameskiller01 View Post
You know coz I'm really nooby? How would you find existing scripts in XSE? I want to change Steven's script in Pokémon Emerald so he has the Champion battle music and I think I have the right script for it, but I feel like I'd massively screw up something if I were to insert a new script so I just want to find Steven's script and change the one part that controls his battle music. Thanks!
1.) in advancemap, make sure you have xse as your chosen script editor
2.) open steven's room in advancemap
3.) go to "header" and select the level script shown below by selecting "Open Script" or something like that, it's probably just "Open" shown next to the offset
i can get some actual screenshots for you if my explanation is horrible
This is such a great place for a few words to be put. How ideal~
Old 4 Weeks Ago (6:28 PM).

I can't get player events on Advance Map to call on the scripts I write, even though they have the same offset. Any ideas?
Old 4 Weeks Ago (6:41 PM).

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwenSauce View Post
I can't get player events on Advance Map to call on the scripts I write, even though they have the same offset. Any ideas?
Hm? You making sure to use the offset it gives you after compiling and not the dynamic offset you provide at the beginning of the script? You making sure to actually compile?
If you're using XSE, then I know that a mistake I made for the longest time is that I kept on Debugging instead of Compiling, haha...
This is such a great place for a few words to be put. How ideal~
Old 1 Week Ago (6:18 AM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirand1994 View Post

PROBLEM : NPC does not move at all but shows all text's in a row.
in Advanced map 1.92 my NPC does have the correct # which is 11.
Nirand

I think your problem is that XSE works with hexadecimal numbers, not decimal which means that the npc number 11 isnt 0x11 but "B" so, You should actually write

"applymovement 0xB @move"
Reply Post Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links