• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Advanced Over World Sprite Editing: Part 2

kearnseyboy6

Aussie's Toughest Mudder
Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2019
I cant' find NSE's ini file anywhere. I don't exactly know how to tell the table what i repointed

Eren Jaeger

Pianoist
Years
My god.. you're a hex person.
pretty much, I'll try to understand the whole thing before
I do everything.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
My god.. you're a hex person.
pretty much, I'll try to understand the whole thing before
I do everything.

Lol, yeah, I love raw hex editing. Almost all of Darth's tutorial section can be done with NSE Classic, except the expansion part. As I stated earlier, someday I'll make a tool (NSE Addon/plugin?????) that will do all of the expansion and limiters and stuff for you. Until then, just do your best to understand.:p

GalladedOlive

Former Pokémon ROM Hacker/Video Editor
Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2015
I'm so confused. It's gonna take me years before I fully learn Hex Editing.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 5, 2021
I know that's a really old topic but I think this part should be included in the main post since it's very important to make resized overworlds work correctly.

"Now for the important bit, change the unknown pointers 1 and 2 to the ones of the sprite you looked up in overworld editor. This will determine how the sprite appears in game. If you don't change them, then the overworld won't look right in-game."

I found it here

Shogun

I'll be back
Years
When I edit rival's OW (I changed it to a nds style one, bigger), the rival's OW of the introduction is buggy (when we wrote rival's name). It's due to the resize of the OW and it seems to be store differently than a normal OW. Is there someone who know where it is stored?

Back