• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I really need a tank for my team, and it has to be gen 5. Any suggestions? No legendaries allowed.

I would say your best bet would be Ferrothorn.
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Ivs: 0 Speed
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spe)
- Spikes
- Leech Seed / Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball / Thunderwave / Protect
(Copied from Dark Azelf's Threads in OU GEN 5.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=244543)​

Okay, my Pokemon Black game gets this Save Error and on a separate incident, it froze during a cutscene. I'm not sure what caused this. Any ideas? :S

Is it an actual, official Pokemon game and not a ROM or a downloaded version?
If it is not official, then I have no idea.
If it is a official version, tried turning it off and on again? If you have and no luck, bring it back to the store you got it from and tell them; they should be able to give you a new one.​

AyameHikaru

Beauty Queen
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2013
@Landorus: Just avoid the forest for a while. Each type of Pokemon has a different 'timer' that tells it when to vanish, you're probably in there so much the timer doesn't go down.

@Kai: Frankly, it sounds like a hacked game.

Kai Yamato

Lone Soldier
Years
We bought it of course. I did took the cartridge out and turn it on and off. Well, it seems to work fine. I'm going to update if there's any serious problems.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
Top 5 Pokemon that can learn fly?

What are the top 5 pokemon (in order) that can learn fly in the unova pokedex?
i dont want to raise a swoobat, for example, untill level 50 when there is a better pokemon that can fly etc...

Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2011
Weaknesses and Strengths

I've looked on line for a list of weaknesses and strengths in Black And White does anyone have that list?

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
What are the top 5 pokemon (in order) that can learn fly in the unova pokedex?
i dont want to raise a swoobat, for example, untill level 50 when there is a better pokemon that can fly etc...

All of the BW non-legendary Pokemon that learn Fly:
Unfezant, Swoobat, Sigilyph, Archeops, Swanna, Golork, Braviary, Mandibuzz, Hydregion, and Volcorona.

Your choice should probably be made around availability and what Pokemon are in you team. You should already strike out Volcorona, Hydregion, and probably even Braviary, and Mandibuzz unless you want to do a lot of grinding to level 54+ right before the E4. Golork might be a little late to catch and you would need a flyer before catching him just because of where he is found, and would also require a lot of grinding, but not as much. So the easiest ones are Swanna, Archeops, Sigilyph, Swoobat, and Unfezant. Your best bet would probably be Swanna, Archeops, or Sigilyph (who beats Swoobat in every stat but speed). So I would choose from those three and Golork if willing depending on what types you need to round off your team.

rstevenson1976

The Eevee-Loution Master
Years
I'm in relic castle after N took off with Zekrom in Dragon Spire(?) I figured out how to scooch around the sand pit to get the fossil and go down the stairs then it gets a little confusing from there, am I supposed to be able to cross the lower sand pits some how because I'm stuck.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
There have been half a dozen times when I would catch a Pokémon after the ball only shakes once. Does anyone know what the odds of that happening are? There is click sound when it's in the air, which I don't think happens during a regular capture. I have heard the click a few other times when the Pokémon broke out after one shake, though. I think it happened the first time when I was in Twist Mountain and caught an Axew. I thought it was odd that it only shook once before being caught. I haven't seen this discussed before.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
The only source I've seen says about 450. If you want to know so badly, go count them yourself instead of expecting someone else to do it for you.

If you can't respond without being rude, please don't respond at all. I was simply wondering if someone knew off the top of their head.

Anyway, Is there another good place (aside from Skyarrow Bridge) to hatch eggs? Possibly one that doesn't have exits you can go through if you aren't paying attention?

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
There have been half a dozen times when I would catch a Pokémon after the ball only shakes once. Does anyone know what the odds of that happening are? There is click sound when it's in the air, which I don't think happens during a regular capture. I have heard the click a few other times when the Pokémon broke out after one shake, though. I think it happened the first time when I was in Twist Mountain and caught an Axew. I thought it was odd that it only shook once before being caught. I haven't seen this discussed before.

That's called a critical capture, and the alleged commonness of it is similar to critical hits - pretty uncommon but not unheard of. It also fails like a normal capture, but far more rarely.

Edit:

Anyway, Is there another good place to hatch eggs? Possibly one that doesn't have exits you can go through if you aren't paying attention?

Go to the Battle Subway and just press right. You'll be able to run in a circle indefinitely. You can also go to the Mistralton Airfield and just run up and down the left side.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
If you can't respond without being rude, please don't respond at all. I was simply wondering if someone knew off the top of their head.

Anyway, Is there another good place (aside from Skyarrow Bridge) to hatch eggs? Possibly one that doesn't have exits you can go through if you aren't paying attention?
Well, I just use the horizontal bit of land out front of the daycare if I'm not using Skyarrow. I prefer it to the Subway because you can actually go on the bike, and it's also nearer to the source of the eggs.

And I'm not being rude. I'm just suggesting that it's a bit pointless to ask a question here that you could simply find out yourself.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023

Go to the Battle Subway and just press right. You'll be able to run in a circle indefinitely. You can also go to the Mistralton Airfield and just run up and down the left side.

You can't use your bike in the Battle Subway, so it would take significantly more time to hatch eggs in there.

The best place I can think of is getting on your bike and going through Skyarrow Bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back