• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]A New Unova

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
^ I think so too...I seem to remember seeing those in BW's Unova art too...
The ice does look strange...so if not copy and pasted it's most likely a barrier thing over the region like mentioned before ^_^.

Ghiaccio

Ace Trainer
Years
^^ Ah y'all are right haha the blue from chargestone cave and mistralton cave make it look like part of the glacier. Ah so now I can definitely see it as a cover up

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
...guys, there's ice covering the left side, which isn't JUST trees, there's more to it, aka something to possibly explore. If the ice is covered up by CoroCoro... does this mean we'll possibly go to another region left of Unova...?

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
...guys, there's ice covering the left side, which isn't JUST trees, there's more to it, aka something to possibly explore. If the ice is covered up by CoroCoro... does this mean we'll possibly go to another region left of Unova...?

The far left of the the scan correct? Wow, didn't sse that....another region? Now that's a farfetched idea there. Still, it would be interesting if SOMETHING is there. Maybe Anville Town can gain access there, as I see the town in the northwesten part of Unova still.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
Years
Yeah it's just a cover up. The scan states that the MAP is covered not the region. Plus it looks like Gamefreak just dropped an ice cube on top of the map. Say you drop an ice cube on top of a map of your state/hometown etc. Is it actually frozen? Nope.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I'm getting a Kanto feel from that Ice near the starting town...Like how you could Surf later from Pallet Town. Maybe a post-game kind of thing to make the starting town actually relevant?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I'm getting a Kanto feel from that Ice near the starting town...Like how you could Surf later from Pallet Town. Maybe a post-game kind of thing to make the starting town actually relevant?

YES. Idk why else they would've hid that part specifically, especially when there's descriptive... parts there (the non-trees). :x

Years
I don't know why either...
I hope that the city does play a role, maybe you go back during the journey.
Also this thought just occured to me, but what became of the Subway...I mean some of it's routes were under the places now covered in ice...maybe the trains will take you under the ice to the other side...

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Didn't we just determine that the ice isn't on the region, just the map? XD

Years
Didn't we just determine that the ice isn't on the region, just the map? XD
Well it has yet to be confirmed xD. It could simply be a barrier over the region, as I said before Kyurem is known as the Boundary Pokemon, they will most likely explain why it's called that like they did with Rayquaza with having the player climb up high, and it flying up high during E to stop Grou and Kyo, and Giratina being the Renegade pokemon and later explaining it's banishment to the distortion world in Pt. It's dex title has to play a part...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
...I honestly want the ice to really be there, because a subway journey through the ice sounds amazing. I'm thinking the ice may be there though tbh, GF has surprised us a lot lately and I figured if they were doing anything, then yeah, a frozen Unova would be the best kind of storyline tbh.

Jake that'd mean it'd be frozen from the start, though. :(

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Well it could be encroaching ice. Like the protagonist leaving their home to find a way to stop the ice that's on the verge of swallowing up their town.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well that could also be a reason why the protagonist leaves home, to try and stop that ice from approaching their hometown. :x I like that as a reason to leave home tbh, makes since not having B/W's characters. :(

...I just had an awesome thought, what if the ice really is in the games - and you can see the edge of it from where you're standing, like at Castelia City you look over in the distance and see this really nice ice scene. :3 Actually going under it would be kinda awesome too...

Years
Wow, an actual reason to go to your Journey, this will be the first reason since GSC and their remakes given for the character to leave town if true, which I'm hoping it is, it'll just show how threatening Kyurem truely is...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Gen 1: You have to go on an errand after attaining your First Pokemon from Professor Oak as customary in that town/region. After the Errand Oak encourages you to test your skills as a trainer and to seek fame and Glory. TR story doesn't start until Mount Moon. (After First Gym)

Gen 2: You are running an Errand for Elm and given a Pokemon to defend yourself from wild Pokemon. After you finish your Errand you are (again) encouraged to take the League Challenge. You don't meet Team Rocket for the main story until Azalea. (After First Gym)

Gen 3: You hear Birch's cries for help, after getting a Pokemon ans showing battle skills he asks you to assist him and his daughter with their research, later (after talking to your dad another city over) you are encouraged to battle the league. You meet the main villan and start the main story after beating Roxanne and assisint the Devon Corp guy and Mr. Briney, saving them from Mascot team. (After First Gym)

Gen 4: You and your close friend seek adventure. (In D/P you leave to search for the Legendary Lake Pokemon after watching the news report on the Red Gyarados. In Pt you leave to ask Prof. Rowan questions. You are given your Pokemon (or retrieved them at the lake) and are asked to come by Rowan's lab later. Once there you are encouraged (AGAIN) by others to take part in the Pokemon League. You meet the main villans and get started on the main story after returning to Jubilife (After the first Gym battle) and assisting Rowan's assistant in a battle against Galactic Grunts. (Pt you meet Cyrus at the lake. which changes part of it though you do not know him as the main bad guy yet. First real encounter with Galactic is in Jubilife)

Gen 5: You receive Pokemon from the Professor as a Birthday gift and share with your friends. After going to thank the prof. for the gifts she asks you to assist her, and later you and your friend start to walk down the path of the League Trainer. You meet Plasma in the next town (breaking the cycle even though first battle encounter isn't until Dream Yard after the First Gym).

Following the cycle, I'm gunna ball park, You and your rival receive your Pokemon while attending the Trainer school. After receiving starter you are challenged by your rival to challenge the Gyms and leave on your journey.

The new Professor can recruit the two characters to assist with his study of Pokemon "Strengths".

I don't see it being too far off from this scenario. Maybe different reason for leaving, but I doubt its to save the world as that always comes from incidental build up. Reoccurring villains that just build up your will to defy them and stop their evil deeds before they harm everyone.

Not to mention the local police and people of power are just going to force you to do it anyway like they always do.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
This prediction fits more here than anywhere else, since this town is covered in ice in the map so it must have a pretty drastic change. I'm gonna predict that Nuvema town is now a city and that's where the last gym is. :3

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hmm possibly! Or the remains, under the ice are instead where it is. Actually, if it is iced over, I'm interested in how long it could've been iced over for and what's underneath those actual places. Have they become ruins?

LordSalamence

The Elite trainer
Years
The only two gym cities that are 'covered over' in ice are Striaton City and Nacrene City.

It seems that it there's more mature atmosphere concrening the region, as many areas/parts of other cities have either improved/changed/gone. Well for one, the route betweem Castelia and Nimbasa is FINALLY DONE...so what makes of Desert Resort?

You forgot mistralton,icirrus,and opelucid city.

The ancient castle is probably gone by now covered in sand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back