• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Expert Emerald~ FINAL BETA RELEASED (Project Complete)

Overall Hack Rating!

• ★★★★★

Votes: 756 69.3%
  • ★★★★

Votes: 230 21.1%
  • ★★★

Votes: 60 5.5%
  • ★★

Votes: 10 0.9%
  • Votes: 35 3.2%

• Total voters

blue

gucci
Years
New version seems to have fixed my black screen problem :S Dunno what you did but thanks :P
Also could you make Linoone/Zigzagoon learn Extremespeed in maybe the 40s-50s? Its already possible but its a real hassle to get it (requires gamecube).

Yeah, that's a good idea I'll get it sorted.

I've made it so Furret learns Extremespeed at Level 42 & Linoone learns Extremespeed at Level 44 (release 6.81)

Last edited:

HikariYagami

Old School Trainer
Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2012

My mistake, I was uploading the the latest download and my Computer shut down therefore wasn't able to save but it's up now. The only change is Dodrios stats have been slightly increased.

Yay, thanks for fixing the Download link :D
I'll download it right now :)
If i find something wrong i'll post it <--- (going to play on psp)

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
Years

About the Elemental Punches I'm not 100% sure but they may be Physical considering that's what they are in later generations also the fact that Emerald uses SP. Attack & SP. Defence. Feel free to patch the ROM with a Physical/Special split if you're not sure.

The Elemental Punches were Special in 3rd gen, since Electric, Ice and Fire are Special types. Also, I don't think there is a Physical/Special split patch for Emerald, I remember there being RS and FRLG ones, but not a patch for Emerald.

But thanks for putting the link back! :]

Years

Ah right my mistake, I thought you had problems with saving but Pupitar does now learn Ancient Power at level 30 (level of evolving) and to answer your question the Elemental Punches are Physical.

No it's not your fault either.. I think the reason why Pupitar didn't learned Ancient power could be due to that it evolved from the old Larvitar from previous beta even before you changed their movesets...
Beated Norman on first try with:
Lv 41 Electabuzz
Rock smash,thunderpunch,swift,Quick attack
Lv 40 poliwhirl
rock smash, water pulse, body slam, hypnosis
Lv 38 camerupt
magnitude, rock slide, ember, flamethrower
Lv 36 pidgeot
featherdance, wing attack, sand-attack, quick attack
Lv 36 Sceptile
pursuit, Strength, Leaf blade, bullet seed
Lv 39 pupitar
thrash, bite, screech. rock slide

Tryploshion

I become a Pokemon Master!
Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2017
No it's not your fault either.. I think the reason why Pupitar didn't learned Ancient power could be due to that it evolved from the old Larvitar from previous beta even before you changed their movesets...
Beated Norman on first try with:
Lv 41 Electabuzz
Rock smash,thunderpunch,swift,Quick attack
Lv 40 poliwhirl
rock smash, water pulse, body slam, hypnosis
Lv 38 camerupt
magnitude, rock slide, ember, flamethrower
Lv 36 pidgeot
featherdance, wing attack, sand-attack, quick attack
Lv 36 Sceptile
pursuit, Strength, Leaf blade, bullet seed
Lv 39 pupitar
thrash, bite, screech. rock slide

First try? WTF how u do that!!!!! u are lucky and can anyone say to me how to train my pokemons and lelve up them so quicly sorry for bad englsih

~Hot n' Cold~

is too good for a title.
Years
In case you have been wondering where my posts where (you probably won't but whatever), it was because I had started a new file because my last team was very badly organized (type-wise) and weak. So anyway, after starting my new file I just beat Wattson and this is my team:

Spoiler:

bcrobert

Lazy Antagonist
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2022

The Elemental Punches were Special in 3rd gen, since Electric, Ice and Fire are Special types. Also, I don't think there is a Physical/Special split patch for Emerald, I remember there being RS and FRLG ones, but not a patch for Emerald.

But thanks for putting the link back! :]

Yes. But I have no real problem with it. I just wanted to know what natures I should be leaning my pokemon toward.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years

That's the right answer for question about elemental punches.
The Physical/Special split for moves first appeared in 4th gen.

First try? WTF how u do that!!!!! u are lucky and can anyone say to me how to train my pokemons and lelve up them so quicly sorry for bad englsih
I also beat Norman on my first try, is it that big of achievement?

Years
Is it possible to convert the other fossils in pokemon? I went to Rustboro city, where that scientist who can bring fossils to life is. I've got a helix, a dome, and a old amber. But he won't accept any of them?

blue

gucci
Years
Is it possible to convert the other fossils in pokemon? I went to Rustboro city, where that scientist who can bring fossils to life is. I've got a helix, a dome, and a old amber. But he won't accept any of them?

I figured that would be the case, I'll change them in to one-off Events but I'll have to extract the sprites from FR.

Hacker Bisharp

Bug reporter
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 28, 2019
Suicune I suggest one thing: only load the rar file attachments because they see everyone is ugly and it looks messy!

~Hot n' Cold~

is too good for a title.
Years
Rusturf Tunnel is still screwed up, and as I have learned the hard way, so is the Lavaridge City Gym. Whatever you did with the Hiker has had a big impact on a few caves, maybe even Victory Road. Here is a picture:

lavendargym.png

blue

gucci
Years
Rusturf Tunnel is still screwed up, and as I have learned the hard way, so is the Lavaridge City Gym. Whatever you did with the Hiker has had a big impact on a few caves, maybe even Victory Road. Here is a picture:

lavendargym.png

I've just enetered the Gym myself and it was perfectly normal:

PokemonExpertEmerald67_01-2.png

Are you sure you didn't patch it multiple times with different patches? I'm using the latest beta and I have found no problems and sometimes when you patch a ROM with two completely different patches the maps can mess up, where did you download your ROM from?

Last edited by a moderator:

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
Years
So I decided to take another shot at this hack. I'm doing Beta 6.9 and I decided to tell you guys about my progress. I just started today.
My team:

Grovyle Level 27

Quilava Level 26

Poliwhirl Level 26

Hariyama Level 26

I just defeated Wally in Mauvile City, and now I'm gonna move on. Also, I used Hariyama in my last playthrough, but this was before you updated the movesets so I decided why not use him again.
Great project, Suicune! :]

Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2012
Joined the site just to say I love your hacked rom. I might become active because of you :D

Years

It wasn't that hard... Used mostly Poliwhirl's Rock smash and hypnosis.. Electabuzz's Rock smash... Pidgeot's Sand- attack and Pupitar's Screech....
Had to switch my team again and again though... Also i focused on defeating one pokemon at a time while the other (LOL THAT Granbull) was kept missing moves like Solarbeam and Thunderbolt.. Also Norman made my work easier by keeping Blissey switching whenever i tried to ATTACK her...
I think you can wait till Fortree city so that you could get that Luck EGG and train you team with battling Chansey again and again

Back