• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Monster Island: Dragon Trainer -- Catch'em like Pokemon, train'em like Monster Rancher

Years
Title: Monster Island: Dragon Trainer

OS: iOS & Android (PC and PS Vita also being considered)
Development Tool: Unity

A Premium Monster Collection RPG from the team behind Hunter Island and Dragon Island.
100s of Monsters to Catch & Evolve!

Welcome to the Empire of Verosia, a two-thousand year old empire where battling monsters is a sport of unrivaled popularity. Following your late uncle's footsteps, you arrive at the capital of the Empire to seek glory as a monster trainer. Here, you will find friends, rivals, enemies, and many, many monsters. You may even find answers―to your uncle's death, and to the true nature of the empire...

I will be back with more info soon :)

forumlogoandmonsters_zpswxkxuklu.png

MovemtScreenShot_zps9o82mjw7.png

Training_bunny_zps2y3naxdm.png

MainCityDemo_zpsahbgtlyu.jpg

female_leftrun_zpspgfrhfnn.gif

Bill Cipher

Call me Fuxydia~!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 3, 2016
The graphics to that overworld seem awfully similar to RMXP's default stuff.

Just sayin'

Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2023
I guess its interesting enough. But whats up with the 4 types of currencys already shown on the first screen? As of now it can be possibly one of the mobile cash grab games.

Years
hey guys, thanks for checking out the screenies.

combat system is 4vs4, but you have 16 monsters in your party. When one of your monsters is defeated, its replaced by another monster in your bench. this basically allows for deep strategy, as you can design your line up of 16 around combos. ie, sleep, then use dream hunter to give massive damage to sleeping enemies etc. there are a ton of combos.

I've never touched RPG maker, so I can't comment on the similarity, but we are big fans of Dragon Quest, so that's why our world map looks like the way it does :)

As for the currencies, we probably won't have four as some of the art is just a placeholder. What I do know is that the game will be fully beatable without having to spend money inside the game. Single player mode is completely offline.

Back