• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon Giratina's Legend | 07-01-24

Years
  • Seen yesterday
I'm back! (maybe)
28gz2w7.png

I took a break that has been going on since June.
In this long period, in spite of everything, I have continued to add different things that I'm going to illustrate:
First, there are few menus in the rom (black thank you for letting me use her).
To make it more realistic were added seasons also in the battles.
Were included many things, shooting games from Generation IV, as poketech bootable by pressing the "SELECT + L", the Honey Tree or Drifloon that will appear every Friday beside the windmill.
You entered also the intro of the professor-style DPP with the player who will run on the spot.
There is a new bootscreen (artwork created entirely by black) and a new routine ASM for the lighted windows at night (thank eing).
Improved graphics menu START.
She was subsequently inserted the world map of the region and included dialogues with NPCs in the game.
Lastly there will be some events "downloadable" as in next-generation games available during a specific period.
Greetings, Andrea.

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
wow nice updates. Love the background for the text and pokemon colors. The new menu textbox looks awesome. The new screen shots and the new other features look great. Can't wait to see them first hand.

Jukai

JET DINO, YEAH
Years
Jeeeeesssuuuuss Christ, I have no idea how I haven't come across this thread. The screenshots look awesome! Hope we get some sort of beta soon :D

Years
  • Seen yesterday
New updates.
330co07.png

As you can see you have inserted the new trainer card (which I forgot to show you in the previous update).
The second screen covers a small flashback, using an routine asm for grayscale, present in an event of alpha.
Then I added the "HP BAR" in the wild double battle.
Were also fixed some bugs:
- Once in the menu to rename an icon will appear in the second pokemon pokemon. (if you would capture the second pokemon).
- The animation of the launch of the poke-ball is the first and the second pokemon
- Once captured a pokemon will be added to the team.
All these fixes have been made with the help of Eing that thank you very much.
Finally I started to script a few things including secondary missions in the alpha (last screen).
Have added some musics in the game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJQyMDm2mCY
If anyone has suggestions on what song to use in the paths write it in the comments (since I do not believe that the midi DPP is final).
Lastly, and perhaps most important, I rewrote the history of hacks.
Now everything has a logical and with the help of some hacker (ivan, paco) I improved making, hopefully, enjoyable.
Here a small opening words to the story:
(past 5 years) - Project ECO, the failure:
Professor Oak, Professor Coreen, Professor Ethan, Blake (supervisor).
Our research team is working on a revolutionary project in the laboratory just outside the city.
The experiments conducted by the trio regarding communication between the distorted world and the real world of Pokemon.
The experiment is successful, causing an explosion that will be involved Professor oak, causing death.
Death never been established as the body is not found.
-Now-
After the disappearance of oak spend five years where our supervisor will try to revive the project ECO to crown his lust for power, all this through the kidnapping of former members of the project.
I decided, as a final step, to update the hack with a single monthly update that will cover all changes (it can happen that a month be long, so be lenient).

Years
Small update for the month of March.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRMh-SzwplQ
As you can see each city will have its own personalized sign, all these signs follow the style of the START menu.
If you have any suggestions write it in the comments (especially regarding the location of the sign that I do not fully convincing).
See you next month with new updates.

Okay, that is amazing! I thought that was impossible lol.

Years
  • Seen yesterday
As many reviewers recommend moving the sign on the bottom right, I show you a new screen on this change:
2nvx7w5.png

The overall effect I like more than the previous version I posted yesterday.
Moreover, thanks to the advice of a user, I modified the fading of the cartel during his appearance.
This is because the fade folder occurred during fadescreen, I fixed all by putting a little pause before calling the routine.
I truly thank all of those who continue to support the project helping me to improve it!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 1, 2016
Omg. This hack seems soooooooooo promising. If it turns out to be as good as it looks it might win HOTY.
Can't wait to play this ^^

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Oh wtf how come I didn't noticed your updates? ): They're too awesome I tell you, someone needs to translate this god damn hack <3

BlackStorm20x

Content Creator
Years
I've been checking out this thread every once in a while, but now it's looking great! :D

Omg I want to play this hack so much. Seems amazing, good job! Is there a beta out yet? If not then can you tell us when please?

If there was a beta, you would see it on the thread, and the beta gets released whenever he decides to release it. If he has a release date, he'll most likely tell us.

Christos said:
Do not ask for when the next release is.
It is quite annoying when a person asks, "When is this hack going to be finished?" or, "When is the next alpha/beta/gamma/etc." This can leave stress to (or a lack of response from) the hack author. Wait for the author to release a hack at his or her own pace.

Asking when a beta will be released is against the rules. :| Personally, when someone asks anybody this, it makes me wanna block them. So the point is, if you didn't check the rules, check them now. If I seem harsh, oh well. :| >:(

Years
  • Seen yesterday
I can understand your impatience but always remember that everything i do is for hobby.
Isn't constructive to upgrade just to please users ; best to proceed slowly but publish work done well rather than upgrades to satisfy your impatience.
Said that I thank all of you for your continued support!

Ocular Stratus

It's okay, I enjoy being the bad guy.
Years
I heard rumor that this game is getting an English translation. Not sure if that is true but I sort of hope so. This hack looks neat.

Back