• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKRoy

Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
I tried using APE to search for the specific blue that the rectangle is, but it found many pallates, and I don't want to mess them up. What do you mean by Pallate 6, 9, and 7? What are their offsets?

Your problem is:
Code:
cry 0x246 0x0
wildbattle 0x246 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
When a number begins with "0x", That means the number is in hex. 0x246 is a hexidecimal number, that equals 582 in our normal counting system. Since there arent 582 Pokemon, this explains the freezing. Just replace "0x246" with 0xF6 (0xF6 is 246 in hex)

Edit: I don't know if your version of XSE does this, but you can also input numbers in decimal by not typing in the "0x". For example:
Code:
cry 246 0
wildbattle 246 5 0 0 0 0

Thanks it works!
Now I have another problem, wich is bigger... I'm making a hack... I have a big problem. I have done a few things and I was trying some things out in the game. But when I want to the start menu (the menu with pokédex, pokemon, bag, save etc.) the whole game freeze.... How can I fix this?

SKRoy

Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
I'm making a hack, but I have a big problem. I have done a few things and I was trying some things out in the game. But when I want to the start menu (the menu with pokédex, pokemon, bag, save etc.) the whole game freeze.... How can I fix this?

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2012
I'm making a hack, but I have a big problem. I have done a few things and I was trying some things out in the game. But when I want to the start menu (the menu with pokédex, pokemon, bag, save etc.) the whole game freeze.... How can I fix this?
What have you done to the game so far?

It's always good to have a back up file every time you do an edit so you can go back if you mess something up.

AustinWolff

has left
Years
hello! I have a question about tile molester alternate:

Spoiler:

any help?

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Okay, I just want to try something simple for Emerald. I would like to change the names of May, Brendan, and Wally. Is there a way to do that? I couldn't find anything here that dealt with that specifically, and everything I looked at for editing trainers just talked about sprites and stuff.

EDIT: I was able to change the trainer names with A-Trainer, but I'm not sure how to change the names in dialogue, as A-Text, which I think should be able to do that, isn't working for me with Emerald, the text that comes up has symbols and stuff, and apparently all that's there is the start up to Route 102, which kind of surprised me, considering how long Emerald has been around.

Try this post.

hello! I have a question about tile molester alternate:

Spoiler:

any help?

Why are you using Tile Molester to insert a tile map? Tile Molester is for editing & inserting graphics. Tile maps are not graphics (more like data/metadata) and can be inserted with a hex editor or even unLZ if it needs to be compressed.

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
I tried using APE to search for the specific blue that the rectangle is, but it found many pallates, and I don't want to mess them up. What do you mean by Pallate 6, 9, and 7? What are their offsets?
You don't need offsets. I was referring to the palettes shown in the palette editor on A-Map (from Block editor).

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
Years
Alright, I can't find this asked before. I want to have one Pokemon of the same species look different, but through breeding the Pokemon look normal. Example, lets say the Spiky-eared Pichu. Lets say you would encounter it, and catch it. However if you breed it (I know Pichu cannot breed, but *if* you could I'm saying, in my hack I'm using another Pokemon I do not wish to reveal yet who is breed-able), you would get normal Pichu and the Spiky-eared Pichu would still register in the dex as a Pichu. Hopefully you get what I'm saying here, and, is this possible to do in Firered? Basically have a certain Pokemon look different in one area (even if only one can be encounter-able, that's all I need anyways) but if you breed it the Pokemon would be normal unlike the parent? I know this has worked in HGSS, but I need this to work in Firered. Thanks for any answers or suggestions, I'm new at hacking but eager to get working on my new hack =)

SKRoy

Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
You don't need offsets. I was referring to the palettes shown in the palette editor on A-Map (from Block editor).

I also failed to mention I'm hacking Firered. Pallates 7 and 9 change depending on the map.

Additionally, the hero halfway underwater is a sprite, and not tile related at all. If I could locate this sprite, perhaps I could recolor it as well.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
Thanks. Is it possible to modify existing abilities (make iron fist do 1.5X instead of 1.2X)? Also is it possible to alter frenzy plant/grass pledge etc. move tutor to teach more moves?

Both of these things are possible with the use of ASM. But there are no tools to do these specific things.

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2013
Question, if I were to replace all 386 pokemon in Pokemon ruby with 386 fakemon, would I be able to trade them to pearl and they keep their sprites? So for example let's say in ruby I replace bulbsaurs sprite/name with (for argument sake lets just say bob) lol. Now would since it's not really bob anymore persay, could I transfer bob to pearl and it still look like Bob and not bulbsaur? Hope this makes sense...

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
Question, if I were to replace all 386 pokemon in Pokemon ruby with 386 fakemon, would I be able to trade them to pearl and they keep their sprites? So for example let's say in ruby I replace bulbsaurs sprite/name with (for argument sake lets just say bob) lol. Now would since it's not really bob anymore persay, could I transfer bob to pearl and it still look like Bob and not bulbsaur? Hope this makes sense...
Nope. They'll show up as real Pokemon in Pearl.

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
I also failed to mention I'm hacking Firered. Pallates 7 and 9 change depending on the map.

Additionally, the hero halfway underwater is a sprite, and not tile related at all. If I could locate this sprite, perhaps I could recolor it as well.
How is it not tile-related if it's a behavior type? What are the behavior bytes on the tile you altered this to?

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
How is it not tile-related if it's a behavior type? What are the behavior bytes on the tile you altered this to?

It's tile related, but the rectangle itself is a sprite. The behavior byte is $28 $00, Hero halfway
underwater.

Edit: I know it's a sprite because it shows up in VBA's OAM viewer, which shows all the sprites currently on the screen.

Years
Aw man. Right on. Is there any way to replace pearl pokemon yet?

Not been done yet.
Still a lot more we need to learn about Pokemon DS games before we can hack them at all.
We can only do the minor things like change the started Pokemon etc...

This question just kinda popped up into my head right now.
Didi anyone try to implement PokéRus throughout hacking...?
Is it even possible? =)

This can only be done through ASM hacking.
As PokeRus is random, it isn't implemented through any scripts (seeing as wild pokemon in grass aren't scripts).

Last edited:

SKRoy

Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back