• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

256/240 color Titlescreen (Firered)

ดูดดื่ม

Hello! Im from Thailand.
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2011
Comments:

Alright, I followed every step exactly as written, and I have now attempted this two times. For whatever reason my rom just does not want this to work for me... Both times I have had this result and I am not sure why. In NLZ-GBA after each time that I write my new image to the rom. I check its new offset and the image is screwed up. I know I made tilemap right at 32x20, the TS standard. It's an indexed images as you can tell by the result. Everything should be good. But it's not.

I can be, too.
I used the picture size 240x160.

ดูดดื่ม

Hello! Im from Thailand.
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2011
ht_tp://img718.imageshack.us/img718/1463/ex06.png

I follow all the steps it. This is the second time and then made out to be like this. T.T
Thank you very much but I do not recommend that. ^.^
PS: I used google translation might read has changed.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 20, 2017
ht_tp://img718.imageshack.us/img718/1463/ex06.png

I follow all the steps it. This is the second time and then made out to be like this. T.T
Thank you very much but I do not recommend that. ^.^
PS: I used google translation might read has changed.

Please upload your indexed image and I will insert it for you and will send you the .aps when done.
It will require credits in your rom hack page like this:

Black Charizard./Horus - Title Screen Inserting Help.

Flandre Scarlet

Free your mind.
Years
Ummm... I don't know what I did wrong, I followed every step and this happened.

pokemonfireredgba01.png

Could someone help me with this, please? ;-;

ดูดดื่ม

Hello! Im from Thailand.
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2011
Thanks a lot, but no matter I used the hacked emerald.
The tut I can see that it is interesting So I try to do more to experience. ^. ^
Thanks again.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 20, 2017
Ummm... I don't know what I did wrong, I followed every step and this happened.

pokemonfireredgba01.png

Could someone help me with this, please? ;-;

You need to replace the raw images of the charizard and gamefreak part and the charizard and gamefreak image with the transparent image.

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024
This tutorial is really good. Everything works if you follow through step by step. My title screen works fine. Thanks. :)

One thing, though it may be from a perfectionist point of view - just before the static titlescreen image shows (the bit where it fades into grayscale), I get this awful pattern as shown here:

picture2id.png

Is there any way to make this a plain black or is there nothing that can be done?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 20, 2017
This tutorial is really good. Everything works if you follow through step by step. My title screen works fine. Thanks. :)

One thing, though it may be from a perfectionist point of view - just before the static titlescreen image shows (the bit where it fades into grayscale), I get this awful pattern as shown here:

picture2id.png

Is there any way to make this a plain black or is there nothing that can be done?

The part before it can be made black when you write the transparent image to the raws.

Years
  • Seen May 29, 2019
Would this work with Emerald with the right unLZ.GBA numbers and the right offsets?

This might be slightly offtopic but would it be possible to do this with things other than titlescreens like battlegrounds for instance?

ดูดดื่ม

Hello! Im from Thailand.
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2011
pallete offsets of emerald
00DDE258
00DDE278
00DDE298
00DDE2B8
00DDE2D8
00DDE2F8
00DDE318
00DDE338
00DDE358
00DDE378
00DDE398
00DDE3B8
00DDE3D8
00DDE3F8
00DDE418
00D85EB0
I'm not sure they are correct all.

stinger123

I wish to learn .!PKM HACKING!
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2010
Same problem

Amazing discovery mate of 256 colour titlescreen or otherwise I would have been screwed twice over. ;)
Black Charizard or ดูดดื่ม (beacuse you said you fixed it for ~Teh Panda~) I also have a problem :(
But I hope you can tell me how to fix it. Once I loaded up my rom I checked the result of insertion and It is EXACTLY how ~ Teh Panda ~'s title screen looked like (messed up logo and rest of the image was a weird repeating pattern) except in different colours and styles of course. Could you please tell me how to fix it which you told or did for ~ Teh Panda ~ because I got the EXACT same problem as him.

Many thanks in advance :)

EXACTLY like this my problem.
(~Teh Panda's~ screenshot)
h_tp://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd251/hockeypanda32/Hmm.png

Last edited:
Back