• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Harry Potter // Fan Club

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Seeing as the time when the clues get up REALLY conflicts against my schedule, I guess I'll have to wait until October... ):

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
I can have another go at the clue today, hopefully, as long as it doesn't start too well past 4~

Apparently all the numbers you have to multiply the answer by are multiples of 7 :P It seems a very JKish thing to do~

Today's clue will be revealed at a more convenient time as well, 11:30 ET or 12:30 ET (can't tell cause no one's noting the daylight saving difference). I know British standard time is the norm, they don't have daylight time. But for the US, come on...please make it consistent.

OK, OK, if I don't correct this, I will go insane, I'm so sorry. BST doesn't mean British Standard Time (no such thing), it means British Summer Time. BST is UTC +1. When we go back an hour it's GMT, which is UTC 0 and the standard. Those are the two time zone names we use. Whatever your time zone is, it's currently UTC -4, which is 5 hours behind BST/UTC +1. I hope this helped. /lessonover

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Apparently all the numbers you have to multiply the answer by are multiples of 7 :P It seems a very JKish thing to do~
I kind of noticed that and didn't seem surprised tbqh. xD

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
I didn't notice at all, but then I think I've only done 2 of the questions XD

The next clue is up now~ Wow, it was so simple. Heh, they were right, this one is times by 14, so the last one is going to be times by 7 XD

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I got in guys. It was so awesome! /really thought he couldn't get in right now
I'm so happy right now. My username is KeyStrike8. Pretty good if you ask me compared to the other choices which was almost gibberish... :D

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
Years
:D I got in as well. My username is Chestnutwillow171. Which is a pretty good name I guess. I'm just extremely happy to get in. It was easy and could be found by one or two google searches. Sadly I used Google because we don't own HBP.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
Congrats, Zeffy. JKR is making it so easy for hard-core HP fans to get in early *rolls eyes*. XP

Xyrin said:
It was easy and could be found by one or two google searches. Sadly I used Google because we don't own HBP.

Hehe don't worry. Reading the books again isn't the only way to um...er get the answers. Especially in this day and age.

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
Years
I got my account this morning but when I got a tweet saying the clue just went up I remembered my mom said she would have liked one. I got on and saw the clue. I was completely shocked. The question was completely easy! Honestly.

Pottermore said:
How many Deathly Hallows are there?
Multiply this number by 7.

sdjs That was... Horrible! Ugh I feel they could have done much better then that. I understand it's supposed to be pretty easy but.. That's just a little too easy. Someone could have given you a summary for the last book and you would be able to get that right. >_>

On another note I believe once school starts and I get that mandatory reading time that my school does I'll re-read the books. n_n

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
They did say that they'd go from hard to easy, and how much easier can it get than that? The first question was really rather hard. You had to actually go back and look at it in the book because it was something that didn't stand out at all.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
They did say that they'd go from hard to easy, and how much easier can it get than that? The first question was really rather hard. You had to actually go back and look at it in the book because it was something that didn't stand out at all.
He's right. When I tried answering the first clue I had to read the book again and that made me read the a few chapters. Which was quite fun, even though I didn't get the chance to look for the magical quill. xD

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
Wow, they really were trying to give people of all time zones a chance, I was sleeping then XD I'm supposing it was evening time in America, though.

The easy question must've meant places went super quick, though. Now all there's left to do is wait for the welcome email for the opening of the site. Wonder how long that'll take.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Actually from the time the clue went up for the last one, it spanned all the way until the end of the time period. I think they just left it open until then rather than until all spots were filled. The biggest fans who would appreciate the harder clues earlier on probably all got in so the seventh day was just for "everyone else". :P

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Reading the books again isn't the only way to um...er get the answers.
Which is so unfortunate, too. I feel that the beta period accounts should be reserved for those who have been with the Harry Potter world through thick and thin; not just who watched the movies, but those who actually read the books. I realize that for some, the movies were an important part of their lives, but if you compare it to someone who has read the books and has re-read them, you really don't get the same level of dedication and the one who hasn't picked up the book has little room to speak whilst watching the movies and speaking of the world in criticism as a whole. At least that's how I feel.

Cherrim

Years
My friends and I were talking for hours in a coffee shop last night after seeing DH2 again, and we all sort of agreed that if you couldn't check the "all" button under movies and books (or at least books) in the registration form, you probably shouldn't be taking up a beta spot. Rather elitist of us but... one of us especially is absolutely obsessed with the series so. XD;

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
My friends and I were talking for hours in a coffee shop last night after seeing DH2 again, and we all sort of agreed that if you couldn't check the "all" button under movies and books (or at least books) in the registration form, you probably shouldn't be taking up a beta spot. Rather elitist of us but... one of us especially is absolutely obsessed with the series so. XD;
I agree with that train of thought. I originally thought that that was a trick question. Granted everyone would probably check them all anyway, given that questions like that are usually wtf-ish when you're registering for early access and wanted to increase their chances at getting in. But I remember when I went to the midnight premier, there were people I knew from high school in the theaters who were clearly only there because it was the in-thing that night and up until then didn't show the slightest interest in Harry Potter. I bet some of them haven't even read the book. They all got up and left as soon as the movie ended, where - what I felt was the real fans - stayed behind and left slowly after the credits, unable to admit that it was over. And I can't help but remember myself thinking that they were just wasting a space for someone who actually wanted to come to the premiere - someone that cared deeply about Harry Potter. Things like that really irk me, when people who don't care about something are given the opportunity to take something away from someone who are die hard fans.

Cherrim

Years
I'm sort of hoping that the admittance emails won't go out in order of sign-up days but slightly randomized with a slant on the people who DID check off ever box. :x

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
The first question, I was like wow, there's NO WAY I'd be able to get that answer, and by the time I got it, the session would end.

The last question pretty much summed up the fact that JKR deliberately led all the "elitist" hard-core fans in easily.

I feel that the beta period accounts should be reserved for those who have been with the Harry Potter world through thick and thin; not just who watched the movies, but those who actually read the books. I realize that for some, the movies were an important part of their lives, but if you compare it to someone who has read the books and has re-read them, you really don't get the same level of dedication and the one who hasn't picked up the book has little room to speak whilst watching the movies and speaking of the world in criticism as a whole. At least that's how I feel.

Agreed. It should've been more of a challenge, like the first question. I thought that's how it would go, but the results looked very lenient.

But I remember when I went to the midnight premier, there were people I knew from high school in the theaters who were clearly only there because it was the in-thing that night and up until then didn't show the slightest interest in Harry Potter. I bet some of them haven't even read the book. They all got up and left as soon as the movie ended, where - what I felt was the real fans - stayed behind and left slowly after the credits, unable to admit that it was over. And I can't help but remember myself thinking that they were just wasting a space for someone who actually wanted to come to the premiere - someone that cared deeply about Harry Potter. Things like that really irk me, when people who don't care about something are given the opportunity to take something away from someone who are die hard fans.

I dislike those kinds of groups. They're pretty much the folks who live on movies, the big-time ones, and the ones that will be Oscar-worthy or just make a lot of money. And they're excuses for date nights. I would never consider a Potter movie to be a date night. Unless she was a hard-core fan like I am. ;)

Lightning said:
I'm sort of hoping that the admittance emails won't go out in order of sign-up days but slightly randomized with a slant on the people who DID check off ever box. :xp

I'm more anxious on how the Sorting will go. If it ends up too crazy I dunno how I'll live with myself if I'm in Slytherin or Hufflepuff.

Cherrim

Years
What I'm most hyped for is sorting. :) I can't wait to see how it works, what the questions are like, and everything. It's supposed to be not only very thorough, but very accurate!

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
Years
What I'm most hyped for is sorting. :) I can't wait to see how it works, what the questions are like, and everything. It's supposed to be not only very thorough, but very accurate!

Hopefully it won't be those stupid quizzes where you can tell what question is for which. Like "Somebody is in pain and was hit by a dangerous spell, what do you do?

1.Go get a teacher to heal him
2. Heal him yourself
3. Stand around saying "Durrrr"
4. Laugh of him"

Some of those are... Erm.. Yeah...

So what House do you think you'll be placed into?

Probably Ravenclaw. I could possibly be a hufflepuff. :x Hopefully not though. Ravenclaw ftw.

Back