• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2011] Pokémon Ruby Destiny - Life of Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Maybe you missed something small. Did you talk to Nicholas? Have you battled Richard? Try doing sidequests and little things just in case.

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2015
I finished with most of the story on this game, and it was fantastic. I was wondering you you, jagold, had any recommendations of hacks similar to this one? Some that I've seen aren't finished, and I really love playing finished ROM hacks.. sorry if this is a bad place, but you seem to get around on the ROM hacks on this forum..

Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2017
grrrr it wont let me patch the ROM with tsukuyomi says "checksum Invalid" :(

is there something i am missing?Can someone help me on this ?PM or anything ....

I really want to play the game too T.T

Btw the one from IPS loads but then a permanent black screen starts after the first 3 seconds -.-

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Jun 23, 2012
I tried downloading this after my Snakewood stopped working but I can't get this to load. The first ROM I patched loaded and let me name my character but then froze when my character started shrinking. I tried a new ROM but after the analyzing thing I just got a warning that the patch may not be legit and went back to analyzing but got stuck. Any ideas?

Edit- Never mind, 3rd time lucky. :D Looking forward to this.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 23, 2012
Really loving this so far, top work. But I have one small question. I just did the fake 4th Gym battle and woke up in Mineral Cave. I don't have the Pokemon I put Rock Smash on in my party. Do I have to teach it to something else, or is there something I'm missing? If it's the latter, doesn't that run the risk of a player getting there, not having anything capable of learning Rock Smash, and being completely stuck? I guess you could white out, but with how scarce money is, that's not a great option!

Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2019
i have stopped playing this hack, but i think i'll resume it, i'm getting my five symbols again (CURSE YOU TEAM EARTH ADMIN OR WHATEVER YOUR RANK IS), but i'm doing some training, i don't rembember my levels and pokemon D : but my question is, what is up with good/normal/bad game mode?, by now i'm in normal i think, since i'm getting the symbols agian, and when do i get to chose game mode, and what are the benefits and cons of each one?
EDIT: sorry for capital letters, but that part of the game annoyed me, i forgot something else, i beated rhea with zapdos, but, do i get thunderbolt when i defeat her again, there is a way to get it, since i read in a changelog of this hack that i can buy every tm at some point of the game...

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
awesome hack DJG !!! ;) i can't get enough out of this hack ! well too bad that this will be the last one but everything has an end.i would like to wish you good luck on anything you are going to do next... ;)

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2012
HELP

i finaly found a way to unlock the game:)
if someone wats help in life of guardiand live a reply i will awnser if i know:)
hey... I was wondering if u could tell me how to unlock pokemon RD life of guardian i have been trying for a long time with no luck if there is a program or a method that i could use plese reply

Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2016
i have stopped playing this hack, but i think i'll resume it, i'm getting my five symbols again (CURSE YOU TEAM EARTH ADMIN OR WHATEVER YOUR RANK IS), but i'm doing some training, i don't rembember my levels and pokemon D : but my question is, what is up with good/normal/bad game mode?, by now i'm in normal i think, since i'm getting the symbols agian, and when do i get to chose game mode, and what are the benefits and cons of each one?
EDIT: sorry for capital letters, but that part of the game annoyed me, i forgot something else, i beated rhea with zapdos, but, do i get thunderbolt when i defeat her again, there is a way to get it, since i read in a changelog of this hack that i can buy every tm at some point of the game...

You can choose the game mode after a rather large event in Rintah Town involving the Dark Organization.

The mode you pick and this thing you do will affect which one of two Legendaries you can get after the main story...If you want to where this effect is and how it works, you can look back a few pages to when I gave out the Legendary locations earlier.

GOOD MODE-In Good Mode you fight against Team Earth. You get Survir, a Steel-Type Pokemon with good defenses and Speed but rather low attacking stats.
Below is a screenshot of Survir.
Spoiler:

BAD MODE-In Bad Mode you help Team Earth with their plans. You get Dohydra, a Dark/Dragon-Type Pokemon with very high defenses and pretty decent Attack, but low HP and Speed.
Below is a screenshot of Dohydra.
Spoiler:

NORMAL MODE-In this one you miss out on quite a lot of awesome events, and you get Sprizzle, a Steel/Psychic-Type Pokemon who's generally an all-rounder.
Below is a screenshot of Sprizzle.
Spoiler:

PokeLordAndrew

Emulation Noob
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 4, 2013
I can't get into the mountains near the start of this, it says I need some sort of scarf?
Or something to be able to walk on the ice parts

Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2016
I can't get into the mountains near the start of this, it says I need some sort of scarf?
Or something to be able to walk on the ice parts

How the mountains work is when you step on certain parts of the path, you freeze. If you get a Cold Scarf from either the man who sells you one, or the one behind Rock Smash rocks you can get after the 3rd Symbol.

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2023
I have only one flagment left, it's Joseph's flagment, but when I talk to him in Hevah leagua, he battle me, what should I do?

Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2016
I have only one flagment left, it's Joseph's flagment, but when I talk to him in Hevah leagua, he battle me, what should I do?

Hm. First, do you have all of the others?
Chaomega's one (GIVEN AT START OF RUBY DESTINY MISSION)
Dradiaccio's one (Accept the Behind the Ice mission in Highpoint Town.)
Joseph's one. (Finish Yiyan's event)
Keldeo's one. (Find him in Bouquet Field's Mineral Cave.
Blitz/Krona's one. (Talk to Blitz in Ranger HQ and do what he says)
Light/Jude's grandfather's one. (Go to Dusk Path Mountain and do the event there, then talk to the shaman in Rintah Town, then find Light/Jude's grandfather in the town.
Then get the other two from Might/Patty.

There should be 8 in total after all that.
If not, wait for Jagold to show up on the forums.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 23, 2012
Is it possible to evolve Seadra into Kingdra in this?

You can choose the game mode after a rather large event in Rintah Town involving the Dark Organization.
]

How do you start these? I went into the air ship thinking it would trigger "BAD MODE" but it triggered Normal Mode, so I reloaded. Not sure yet whether I want to do Bad Mode or Good Mode, which do people recommend? But if it's Bad Mode, how do I trigger that? (I assume Good mode is going to Breeze Island, right?)

PS I answered the Kingdra question myself so no worries.

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Is it possible to evolve Seadra into Kingdra in this?

How do you start these? I went into the air ship thinking it would trigger "BAD MODE" but it triggered Normal Mode, so I reloaded. Not sure yet whether I want to do Bad Mode or Good Mode, which do people recommend? But if it's Bad Mode, how do I trigger that? (I assume Good mode is going to Breeze Island, right?)

PS I answered the Kingdra question myself so no worries.
Bad mode is also activated by going to Breeze Isle =)
By going to Breeze Isle you get to choose your path ;)
If you don't go, you will be considered neutral =)

Years
  • Seen Jun 23, 2012

Bad mode is also activated by going to Breeze Isle =)
By going to Breeze Isle you get to choose your path ;)
If you don't go, you will be considered neutral =)

Actually scratch that, Bad mode is pretty cool, but I am looking forward to getting to try both anyway. :D Are they massively different? Is it worth playing both?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2019

The mode you pick and this thing you do will affect which one of two Legendaries you can get after the main story...If you want to where this effect is and how it works, you can look back a few pages to when I gave out the Legendary locations earlier.

GOOD MODE-In Good Mode you fight against Team Earth. You get Survir, a Steel-Type Pokemon with good defenses and Speed but rather low attacking stats.
Below is a screenshot of Survir.
Spoiler:

BAD MODE-In Bad Mode you help Team Earth with their plans. You get Dohydra, a Dark/Dragon-Type Pokemon with very high defenses and pretty decent Attack, but low HP and Speed.
Below is a screenshot of Dohydra.
Spoiler:

NORMAL MODE-In this one you miss out on quite a lot of awesome events, and you get Sprizzle, a Steel/Psychic-Type Pokemon who's generally an all-rounder.
Below is a screenshot of Sprizzle.
Spoiler:

ok, thanks, by the way do you know how to trigger good mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back