• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
Hi. I played the game and liked it. however, as always, I came across a couple of glitches. Here is a list of bugs and glitches I found:

1.When I evolved Electabuzz, He went from a male (previous gender) to a female (new gender).

2. When i talked to the man who offered Dratini, I said no, because I needed to put a pokemon in the pc. But When I came to talk to him, he didn't even say the yes or no question.

That's all I found so far (or as far as I remember), I was wondering if you guys could fix them. I really wanted Dratini, and I would hate to start all over again, same with Electrivire. If you can, I would appreciate it.
The game has many bugs but still you must give credit to its owner.. As for the dratini problem there are many ppl who give you pokes in this hack like that dratini owner so be careful about your choices..

Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2012
Magmar and Electabuzz both evolve at lvl. 40

Hey does anyone know how to get to Mt. Oren so i can catch dialga and palkia

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
I've got a problem. I'm in the second gym in Lauren but I cannot leave the gym. I've beaten the leader but when I try to leave,the trainer blocks my way and I cannot get past him.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2013
Magmar and Electabuzz both evolve at lvl. 40

Hey does anyone know how to get to Mt. Oren so i can catch dialga and palkia

head toward the Lauren league, while surfing stay toward the top right if i remember correctly

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2019
i think i have a problem with some generation IV and V cries, why does my big giant scary looking torterra have a cry like spinda ? i've tried with infernape, empoleon, and samurott but still same cry, it really bothers me, can wesley fix it ?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
i think i have a problem with some generation IV and V cries, why does my big giant scary looking torterra have a cry like spinda ? i've tried with infernape, empoleon, and samurott but still same cry, it really bothers me, can wesley fix it ?

That's not a bug, it's just the Pokemon they replaced. It takes a lot of effort to replace the cries of Pokemon, and people often overlook that due to the difficulty involved.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
Nice hack, Wesley. Liked the screenshots & plot. Gonna download & play it tomorrow. If I like it, I'll help support. Good luck to you & me. Keep up thw awesome work.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2012
I have the complete English version and i remember hearing that one of the translators might take out the whole night-day feature. Does it still work cause umbreon is my favorite pokemon and i don't want to have to use cheats to get one...

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
Tested it out. AWESOME!!! Best hack I've ever played. Putting up the support bar right after this post.

P.S: Hey people, go to Wesley's website. He has a new ROM Base for FR which is sweet~~

xxScarletDragonxx

Food Lover
Years
Umm...I have a HUGE problem. In Mt. Lauren this happened: http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/2654/bughn.jpg
I'm really pissed b/c it took me forever to get to this point, and I'm pretty sure I'll have to start over. Though if that's the case, I probably won't. :/

Edit: I'll just use the walk through walls cheat so I don't have to fight her I guess. Hopefully that will work.

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Umm...I have a HUGE problem. In Mt. Lauren this happened: http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/2654/bughn.jpg
I'm really pissed b/c it took me forever to get to this point, and I'm pretty sure I'll have to start over. Though if that's the case, I probably won't. :/

Edit: I'll just use the walk through walls cheat so I don't have to fight her I guess. Hopefully that will work.
Can the trainer be beaten? If yes, don't care about it but WTW cheat also works.

Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
I'm in Ricyan city and I'm having trouble with the missing pokemon. Can someone tell me where they are,what I need to do to get them etc?

Years
Im in snowce city and this is my team

Blaziken lv49
Glalie lv 51
Scizor lv49
Milotic lv 51
Dragonite lv 50
Charizard lv 50

How am i doing with it?

Also, when i evolve electabuzz into electivire the rom crashes. any 5th gen pokemon make the game act really weird. is this normal?

Years
I'm in Ricyan city and I'm having trouble with the missing pokemon. Can someone tell me where they are,what I need to do to get them etc?
Well this is pretty easy. You will find shinx at the grass just before entring ricyan city.. Snorlax is sleeping at the route north where you will need fire blast move to burn down the ledges and steelix is found with the gym leader west of a route with a lake. Sorry i forrgot the routes name.. At least i gave you hints..

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Also, when i evolve electabuzz into electivire the rom crashes. any 5th gen pokemon make the game act really weird. is this normal?
Well... yes... Electivire was always cause of many bugs so I kinda thought noone will use it so we can avoid these questions =D
The crashing is new, though...
thoughful.gif

My advice is to avoid using Electivire... the other 5th gen pokémon are okay.

Back