• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Lustrous Emerald

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 15, 2016
I like the look of this, but for Jirachi, I think you should make it so in one (or all?) cities post E4 there is festival to celebrate the passing of a comet that comes close enough to Earth to see with naked eye every 1000 years. In one of the routes there could be a newly formed crater in which you could find Jirachi.

Years
You mean, use the movie plot, right? Well, I could do that, but I think it'd be better to make Artisan Cave have some kind of actual purpose. I'll consider it though. Maybe I should make a poll...

kiv_umar

Musician
Years
looks awesome! do you need anyone to do music? i'll remix the RSE music if you wish?

Last edited:

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
Right now, all this is is a mock-up of how a game might look using kyledove's new Hoenn tiles. So, I must compliment kyledove, 'cause they're fantastic... but good luck with this nonetheless.

bluejays

Novice Trainer
Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2012
I do believe jirachi came from space and then arrive on earth awakening every 1000 years? hend the meteor it is in and the reason why its a star but iunno. Anyways you can do it that once you've caught deoxsys i probably spelled that wrong is in your party and you go to a certain place jirachi will react to its core because jirachi is also from space and maybe made of the same thing? and jirachi will awaken. Such as while the ship is moving. You can also make it that you look into jirachis eyes and it responds to your wanting to be a pokemon master? so then i transports you to another region nif u want to incorporate something like that so that you can fight new challenges to achieve your goal. While at the same time making you want to seek jirachi in that other region to find your way back to hoen. ( you could also more things to put secret bases in like cave at the back of a waterfall, dirt patches where you can go underground (not like sinnoh just use secret power n then your already in a underground base) and for artisan cave you can somehow incorporate team rocket maybe? like you see them in there a bit and they rob travels that enter etc since r/s/e never had team rocket or did it? Btw nice pokenav concept very original

Last edited:
Years
I think I understand what you've said, but in future, can you break up your paragraphs a bit? You have a lot of ideas and it might help to get them across better. Still, let me clarify something that I myself only discovered a week or so ago:

The plots of the anime (which includes the movies), the manga and the game series are all significantly different, but the games normally share more of these ideas with the manga, rather than the anime (with the exception of Yellow, which was directly based on the anime). For that reason, it's poor form to mix and match elements of both, so I'm more inclined to go with the manga's version of events which show Jirachi underground in the artisan cave.

As for your other ideas, I really like the thought of having secret bases behind waterfalls and underground. That's a really cool idea, and a nice touch. Once I get around to those (it'll be a while) remind me, and I'll try to work them in.

I don't really get the team rocket in Artisan Cave part. They were never in Hoenn (ignoring the anime, of course), and anyone could easily avoid the cave anyway. Although thinking about it, it would be a way to start off the event for Jirachi. I might change it to Aqua/Magma.

Thanks for continuing interest in this, everyone! If you want to show your support, just stick the same LustrousEmerald banner that I have in my signature into yours. I'll post it in the OP as well as updating the plots. I still haven't come up with a good one for Jirachi, so I'm open to suggestions. Yes, he is staying in Artisan Cave, and that's my final decision :D

Last edited:

bluejays

Novice Trainer
Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2012
I said team rocket because it thought it would be nice ^^ to at least see them once in a emerald like game.

But anyway because hoen is a region focused on weather in the manga and in the game i think that having secret bases in places that are also creative to put secret bases in would be nice. hmmm.. ill try to remind you and think of other places to put them in. So far i thought of behind waterfall,underground,underwater maybe (when u dive),sand castle maybe?

I also thought it would be nice to be able to increase the size of your secret base, acess pokemon pc from secret base laptop, and maybe be able to change floor tiles without having a limit to what can be placed inside (as long as it fits). Oh ya and would there be a possibility to mix record with other people who play your game?

I made a quick edit in MS Paint of the banner so that it said support u can see where it looks weird on the right side but should still work. To support this thread put this code in your sig and itll act the same way as mine.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
If you want to make a support banner, you have to do it from scratch. It's no use editing the arleady existing ones because it turns out bad. NikNaks, if you want a supporter bar, I made this one
previewnib.png

bluejays

Novice Trainer
Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2012
xD sorry i dont really know how to make one unless u make it from scratch in which case im not very artistic =/

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
I've started working on the menu.
The only problem is that I need you to edit the sprites so that they have the blue behind them and the letter and side tab thing there.
If I need to be more descriptive just say so.
I will start working on getting the pokenav to open for now.
Do you want the screen to get gray like in the pic.

bluejays

Novice Trainer
Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2012
I kinda got an idea though i doubt u would agree with it =/ was thinking maybe if your close friends with a project with fakemon maybe when they are also finished u can insert their pokemon information etc so that it would encourage trading between those 2 games and also allow extra pokemon to enter your game without having to mess around with the true emerald remake.

Another idea i've had is that you could implement the sinnoh pokemon contest forms / HG/SS ones into your game.

Lastly i was wondering if it was going to be a true true emerald remake or will it have a bunch of post game extras thats the older emerald didnt have. Well it did have battle frontier but it was prety short.

Years
If you'd read the OP thoroughly, you'd be able to answer the last one yourself. I thought you would've cottoned on by now, what with all the "suggest ideas for post E4 quests" thing. :P Yes, there are going to be a bunch of extras that'll allow you to catch Jirachi, Deoxys and Mew, and a lot of other stuff, too, like a quest involving the space station.

Contests are a long way down on my priority lists. I know most people are more interested in the battling side of Pokémon, but when I get around to it, I'll consider using the updated format, although it'll be difficult to do the dancing thing.

I'm not ruling out trading with a Fakémon rich game, but that will come much further down the line.

bluejays

Novice Trainer
Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2012
Okay sounds good ^^ sorry bout that i read the first page but my memory isnt very good and i like the R/S/E series so i would like to throw as much good ideas out as i can. Btw i just noticed in the brendan in literoot picture the house are supposed to be lined up straight from what i remember and in the picture they are kinda akward looking do to the fact that brendans home is farther back.

Last edited:

ScizorZ

ROAR I"M A TACO!
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2011
Awesome!!!!

CaN'T WAIT FOR YOU TO FINISH! whoops caps lock . wel it looks awesome and i cant wait until your done!

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Hmm...the thread has been quiet for quite some time now. Any new remaps, or tiles or spriting going along?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back