• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
MM, those numbers on the side, are they equal to the amount of steps you hypothesize you should take to make the desired nature appear more often?

MM, you are really smart, too. Geez, it took me like 10 minutes to understand part of that(without looking at other posts).

If that's the case, I should take about 778 steps. I want my shiny Snorlax to have an Adamant nature :)

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
Years
I don't think he meant steps, no offense. I think tis more like the treeko's he was SRing for, prob back a while tho, cuz on that same post he ahd like 16683 or something like that *is 2 lazy 2 look up*

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
Thank you, Willypiggy!!! ^____^

And, yes, it shouldent hatch, but its a glitch. Anything can happen.

you shouldnt be getting bad eggs anyone of u .... unlesss u .... >.>

so anyways listiening more to that england and european hiphop scene in general LMAO u guys are funny , like a mix between sean paul and ali G XD

Years
MM, those numbers on the side, are they equal to the amount of steps you hypothesize you should take to make the desired nature appear more often?

MM, you are really smart, too. Geez, it took me like 10 minutes to understand part of that(without looking at other posts).

If that's the case, I should take about 778 steps. I want my shiny Snorlax to have an Adamant nature :)
Steps? No. Pseudo-random numbers are NEVER that obvious. Consider the function: 31x^2+8191x mod 20. (a mod b is the remainder you get from dividing a by b.) Suppose x is the number of steps you've taken. You'll notice that the resulting number (between 0 and 19) has no apparent connection to x, and you'd probably be lost to find the formula unless you already knew it. This is one technique used in generating pseudorandom numbers (and probably a very bad one, since it's just off the top of my head)

What I was talking about is how there's the risk of constantly drawing the same numbers over and over again if you don't toss some new random data into the random number generator. Think of it as a pot with a bunch of balls with numbers written on them. You draw a number, look at it, then put it back. If you don't mix the balls in the pot around a bunch every once in a while, you're bound to keep drawing the same numbers while others go unpicked.

Edit: Oh, and please don't go making assumptions about what I'm saying without actually understanding, as it's by such means that all sorts of whacko rumours get started. (like how having a lower trainer ID supposedly enhances your chances of finding shinies -.-)

King Kobra

Shiny Giratina pwns you
Years
Wow MetalMario, you seriously have a dizzying logic (and just a -bit- too much time on your hands) ^_^

Well, it didn't go as planned...

Update: Still 4000, I didn't even try, I'll most likely get some in today (hopefully) and I hope I won't have to go far before I get Shiny Scyther...

<I>Kobra<I>

willypiggy

パンケーキ! Yum!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 3, 2010
meh, 0 SR's today and 0 sermgels seen today :( didn't have much time today as my other comp's battery ran out and the new batteries wouldnt work so my dad tryed and now it doesnt make an image and it randomley bleeps -.- takin it to the shop tommorow and goin for a haircut (any suggestions?) so wont have much time to hunt but will get some in a night hopefully.

Lil-Dill

I need to change that ^
Years
Yoooo guys nice going to the people who caught new shiny Pokemon!!!

Off topic: Has any1 heard from ♥Nova♥... she hasnt been on in 5 dayz!!!???

Ullion

Years
Yoooo guys nice going to the people who caught new shiny Pokemon!!!

Off topic: Has any1 heard from ♥Nova♥... she hasnt been on in 5 dayz!!!???

and hasnt posted ina few weeks or so XD
neverthless..
nothing new! ha... i went to bed.. bout to turn on my GBA then decided not to adn dozed off.. XD lol oh well *sighs* i;m at the begining of the gym... not quite sure on how i'll kick her *** but still.. i;'m sure i won't lose :P... lol oh... haricut suggestions? Mohawk w/ green ahir! lmfao j/k... about the mohawk anyways... i;ve always thought green or blue ahir would look prete sweet lmfao..

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2008
'grats to Nina on the shiny pikachu! i know you told me about it on AIM, but still....^^; well, my hunt for the shiny squirtle still continues....im not giving up tho. NEVER GIVE UP!! like MMSP said, it would have been a waste of life just doing it all for nothing, so im not gvin up. shiny blasoise WILL be mine!! :badsmile: *turns on gameboy*

willypiggy

パンケーキ! Yum!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 3, 2010
Mohawk w/ green ahir! lmfao j/k... about the mohawk anyways... i;ve always thought green or blue ahir would look prete sweet lmfao..
:O:O:O I was thinking something.... a little more..... subtle lol, perhaps something like Ichigo's... anyway I did a few resets (didnt count) and as normall didnt find anything :(

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Steps? No. Pseudo-random numbers are NEVER that obvious. Consider the function: 31x^2+8191x mod 20. (a mod b is the remainder you get from dividing a by b.) Suppose x is the number of steps you've taken. You'll notice that the resulting number (between 0 and 19) has no apparent connection to x, and you'd probably be lost to find the formula unless you already knew it. This is one technique used in generating pseudorandom numbers (and probably a very bad one, since it's just off the top of my head)

What I was talking about is how there's the risk of constantly drawing the same numbers over and over again if you don't toss some new random data into the random number generator. Think of it as a pot with a bunch of balls with numbers written on them. You draw a number, look at it, then put it back. If you don't mix the balls in the pot around a bunch every once in a while, you're bound to keep drawing the same numbers while others go unpicked.

Edit: Oh, and please don't go making assumptions about what I'm saying without actually understanding, as it's by such means that all sorts of whacko rumours get started. (like how having a lower trainer ID supposedly enhances your chances of finding shinies -.-)

I think I understand it a LITTLE better now... thanks

Oh, and the rumor about having a low ID was definitely not started by me. I've just said the stronger the correlation between the visible ID and the secret ID, the more often the RNG spits out the number for a pokemon to be shiny... that is correct, right?

And by any chance, would you happen to know when Suicune/Entei/Raikou's values are set in FR/LG?

Edit: I like the thing you did with your sig. Very funny.

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2008
well, i still havent found the shiny squirtle....its been over a week, but no luck. i started a new game to start the hunt over, so i can have a stronger vis. ID and secret ID correlation. i'll let you all know how the hunt went tomorrow. *walks off, eyes glued to the gameboy*

BTW, do any of u other hunters listen to music while you hunt? i'm gonna listen to Fall Out Boy's Dance, Dance while i SR...maybe it'll summon up the shiny squirtle *prays to shiny gods*

Akidatheart

Pokémom
Years
you shouldnt be getting bad eggs anyone of u .... unlesss u .... >.>
XD

That's what I thought.. anyone else ever get a bad egg on a cart that you KNOW nobody ever used a cheat on? I mean I guess anything is possible, I just never heard of it until now. I read about bad eggs, and about the ?? pokemon, I didn't know the ?? came from a bad egg, very interesting. I bought a used cart once that had ?? pokemon on it.. I restarted the game and have not ran into any glitches that I know of in that cart. Ok, enough about glitches and stuff, lets move on to shinies..

I am still shiny hunting in Ruby.. still fishing in random places for whatever shiny I can catch. I am hunting in the game I found my first shiny in. (it was a wurmple that is now a beautifly) Hopefully something will come up shiny soon!
Kim

King Kobra

Shiny Giratina pwns you
Years
well, i still havent found the shiny squirtle....its been over a week, but no luck. i started a new game to start the hunt over, so i can have a stronger vis. ID and secret ID correlation. i'll let you all know how the hunt went tomorrow. *walks off, eyes glued to the gameboy*

BTW, do any of u other hunters listen to music while you hunt? i'm gonna listen to Fall Out Boy's Dance, Dance while i SR...maybe it'll summon up the shiny squirtle *prays to shiny gods*

Well, no offence but don't start complaining even if you don't catch it in a month or two. I've been at my Scyther Hunt for around 5-6 Months. I've had 4100 resets so far and it still hasn't given in.

By the way, I listen to music when I Shiny Hunt, just not Fall Out Boy -_- I prefer the suculent sounds of the Mortal Kombat Theme Song and Dragostei Din Tei. ^_^

Update: 4100 Resets, Scyther isn't budging. I sincerely hope that I'm not going to have to reach a number like MetalMario's!

Offtopic: Hi Kim! I haven't seen all these peoples in a long time...

<I>Kobra<I>

Ullion

Years
me? well im not rele shunting right now, sorry im 2 lazy to actually say "Shiny hunting" i find it.. well a waste of my time to right out biggish words XD
well.. my targets if any..
FR: Venorat (on hold)
E: going thru game, not actually shunting
S: Don't even play, but might breed for shiny Mudkip at one point, i know im gunna breed for a good natured muddy tho..

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
That's what I thought.. anyone else ever get a bad egg on a cart that you KNOW nobody ever used a cheat on? I mean I guess anything is possible, I just never heard of it until now. I read about bad eggs, and about the ?? pokemon, I didn't know the ?? came from a bad egg, very interesting. I bought a used cart once that had ?? pokemon on it.. I restarted the game and have not ran into any glitches that I know of in that cart. Ok, enough about glitches and stuff, lets move on to shinies..

no ur right lol . there is no reason anyone should ever run into a bad egg , producew a bad egg , or run into anypokemon marked ?? or any other name then what it should be unless they cheated in sum way . no the cloning glitch on emerald and also the berry glitch on emerald do not produce bad eggs or ?? pokemon or pokemon with names they shouldnt have . the only downside to the cloning glitch is the occasional mess up and u lose the pokemon trying to clone and lost data (which far as i know only two ppl say they had lost their entire file from cloning >.> ) and the berry glitch while it does mess up ur game for fun such as 99999999 hp and being able to evolve pokemon while they are inside the egg so u could theoreticaly hatch a level five charizard or sumn it does not produce bad eggs or ?? pokemon . far be it from me to question anyone in this club or their catchs but far as I know and will keep believing only cheaters aka cheat device users can get bad eggs and ?? and so for me personaly wether they used a device to get the shiny or not makes no diffrence the data is messed up and i wont credit any of their catchs . which I guess is a good thing seeing how im not an owner or co-owner and im not the one making shiny hunter club cards . XD

Back