• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Welcome to Winter! The Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
(My computer is going to hate me omg, I just saved about 100 Friends gifs in the last hour)

Well, how about a new topic? Anyone watched any good movies lately?

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
Years
(My computer is going to hate me omg, I just saved about 100 Friends gifs in the last hour)

Well, how about a new topic? Anyone watched any good movies lately?

Last Wednesday I went to the movie theater to see the Planet of the Apes.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Last thing I watched... Harry Potter VII-2. The downside of having an incredibly small TV at home is that a cinema screen is still something worth paying for for me XD I have watched like 6 movies this year.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016

Last Wednesday I went to the movie theater to see the Planet of the Apes.
Ha, I went twice to watch it. First with my friends and then with my parents...
Great movie though. <3

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Last thing I watched... Harry Potter VII-2. The downside of having an incredibly small TV at home is that a cinema screen is still something worth paying for for me XD I have watched like 6 movies this year.

Small TV screens... I used to have just a 21" TV 10 years ago or so. Now that the whole house is equipped with large HDTVs, though... Well, I increasingly find cinemas not worth it anymore.

Trying to watch movies in the cinemas around here is like trying to watch a Blu-Ray movie with the best sound... but with a 240p projector. Blurriness, anyone?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I think the last movie I watched was 2012 back in 2009. Yeaaah I don't go to the movies often. I totally catch up via TV, though!

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
Years
Small TV screens... I used to have just a 21" TV 10 years ago or so. Now that the whole house is equipped with large HDTVs, though... Well, I increasingly find cinemas not worth it anymore.

Trying to watch movies in the cinemas around here is like trying to watch a Blu-Ray movie with the best sound... but with a 240p projector. Blurriness, anyone?

I have a LED tv screen of 42''and still I love going to movies.

Years
I have a 50" 3DTV in the lounge, so there's no shortage of movie entertainment at our house.

But despite so, I like the atmosphere of cinemas and am planning to go very soon to watch Jane Eyre.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I do think that HDTVs are going to eat into cinema attendance sooner or later... especially cinemas that still use film-based projectors. Which is pretty much most cinemas at my place.

The only thing I go to cinemas for is the sound, and even then, headphones + my PC monitor should do better.

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
I have a TV plugin and with the appropriate wire used, I watch TV using my laptop's monitor.

Bleh, I can't afford a widescreen or high-flat or whatever those big TVs are.

Years
I have a 50" LED in my room, as well as the living room and smaller ones -- I think 30-something" -- in the kitchen, balcony, and my brother's bedroom. However, I rarely watch TV unless it is football or anything related to the Family Guy and The Simpsons. I go to the movies every Saturday and sometimes Sunday.

I know someone who has a TV in every bathroom of his house.

Years
I can't imagine having that many TVs in the house, I have an old TV/Video combo in my room that hasn't even been used for years.

Seriously, the last time I used that thing was in 2004, and that was only to dig up and play Pokemon Stadium 2 on my N64. XD;

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Let's see... 2 TVs for the whole home for me. Both are HDTVs - the old CRT TV was finally dumped a year ago or so.

Years
I also don't like that much TVs, but my dad does. He is a TV-freak-addict. I only use the one in my room before I hit the bed.

I have way too many old TVs somewhere in the closets. I remember one that had a little crack in the middle that I used to watch on it Pokemon and Tom and Jerry everyday.

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
When I used to live with my family, we only had a sing TV for all of us. It never actually resorted to conflicts, but our parents were always people of swift adequacy, so yeah.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I think I'm pretty glad that all the CRTs that we used to have are now dumped. These things were a chore to move around!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back