• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon anime theory #2 Who were the other trainers from pellet town

Ichigo|BleachShinigami

https://www.facebook.com/ichigo.bleach.shinigamiII
Years
We know four trainers started in Pallet town. Three with one of the three original starters and Ash with his Pikachu. Apart from Gary, who were the other two trainers and thay were never revealed in the anime for some reasone.

So lets talk about the other trainers now.
First, the things we know:Ash got late and had to pick the reserve PokemonPikachu. The other 3 starter Pokemon already got picked, one of which was picked byGary. At the end of the series, you could see that Gary pickedSquirtle.

So the question is, who picked the other 2 starters and where were they mentioned -_-

And it aways bothered me
Well it could be that in the series, Ash and co. encounter a Charmander that was abandoned by its owner. We might infer that the original owner was one of the other two Pallet Town trainers. In addition, the Bulbasaur Ash and co. encounter was raised in the Hidden Village, which the article linked states was a haven for, among other things, abandoned Pokemon. So it appears possible that the other Pallet Town trainers also abandoned his starter Pokemon. -_-

Or these two mystery trainers' sole purpose in the anime was to be a plot device so that Ash would miss out on all 3 standard starter Pokemon and get Pikachu.

And gary got 1 of them (and it wasn't revealed until the very end of Johto) and for marketing purposes, Ash had to have Pikachu as his very first Pokemon... Danm thus writters .___.

And they invented 2 other trainers to get the remaining Pokemon... and they were referenced a few times but thay never showed even a picture of thus poor guys i really wanted to how do thus guys look but no writters never think about thus guys :v

Well lets get back to point
until after Ash got the Earth badge from fail team rocket lol and returned to Pallet town. Home sweet home
That was point when Oak said that the "other two" gave up and flunked out.
Yeah thay gave up oh come on so what happened to them did stay got there butts kicked my the team rocket :v

And it was the last time when thus ways yes never mentioned in the show ever again and thus poor guys were referenced in the anime again.
._.

But waits its my post is over yet lol

Remember Damian the guy with to many pokeballs e.e
If you dont remember his if was the original owner of Ash's Charmander (now Charizard) well he could be one of the trainers from pellet town well i know his now pellet town coz ash wasnt didnt seem to know him or it could be that he traveled from another town to get its starter and there's only one lab in kanto one only one how could this be and remember when
Damian was showing off his pokeballs this kinda sounds wrong lol
Brock was there at the time and he also didnt seem to know him so how could it be did that guys skiped gym or something what a weakling XD

Now lets talk about who toke the Bulbasaur
It probably belonged to a girl who quit in episode 30 something, because she wanted her Pokemon to just be her companions. Yeah right :v

Or ash's balbasuar it could owned by that girl in the original theme song that never appears in the anime me again why why i wanted to see that cute girl :v
and she could have had the abandoned bulbasaur ash found ._.

Well long story short the other trainers gave up and ash got all the starter what a lucky guy.

Well if someone finds a portel to the anime pokemon we will go to the pellet town and ask oak about the trainers XD

By the way thanks for reading my post :3

Years
I watched ProtoMario's video on this, which mentioned Melanie and Damien although it kinda debunked them. It is possible that one of the trainers was the Lass girl or the girl from one of the mangas. My theory is that they were probably just some random unknown trainers who were never seen in the anime. It is plausible to think that Gary has probably never met them either.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I always believe One of them to be this girl--

lass2.png

Come on , Didn't anyone ever wonder who is this girl ???
She appear alone Ash , Pikachu and other fully Kento statrer.
So , It did feel like she's an important character in Future .
Honestly , I believe this girl to be Ash's real ''Love Interest''! Somehow I believe this girl is the one Ash has a crush on So I waited entire original series for this girl. This girl was one of the main reason I watched Pokemon.

After all , I was a Kid back then! There noway I would know this girl is a random Lass animator put in the opening Randomly.

Last edited:

Ichigo|BleachShinigami

Years
I watched ProtoMario's video on this, which mentioned Melanie and Damien although it kinda debunked them. It is possible that one of the trainers was the Lass girl or the girl from one of the mangas. My theory is that they were probably just some random unknown trainers who were never seen in the anime. It is plausible to think that Gary has probably never met them either.

Well i know that but there alot of mystery sarounding thus guys plus who the hell was that girl in opening team song ._.

Ichigo|BleachShinigami

Years
I always believe One of them to be this girl--

lass2.png

Come on , Didn't anyone ever wonder who is this girl ???
She appear alone Ash , Pikachu and other fully Kento statrer.
So , It did feel like she's an important character in Future .
Honestly , I believe this girl to be Ash's real ''Love Interest''! Somehow I believe this girl is the one Ash has a crush on So I waited entire original series for this girl. This girl was one of the main reason I watched Pokemon.

After all , I was a Kid back then! There noway I would know this girl is a random Lass animator put in the opening Randomly.

so whats a point of putting her in the theme song and every single cheractor in that theme song was fetured in the anime so why dont we see that girl in the anime -.-

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
so whats a point of putting her in the theme song and every single cheractor in that theme song was fetured in the anime so why dont we see that girl in the anime -.-

She was dropped like GS-ball & Hooh.
Imagine this scenery , This girl happen to be Ash's first love ! However , Both Gary & Other guys also has a major crush on her.
She treat Ash more like a Good Friend but not as a potential Love-interest! She seem to enjoy Gary & other rival company because they are her intellectual equal.
SO For Original Ash who was weaker then other trainer , It would be a challenge for him to get her attention!
Just like its a challenge for Nobita to win Shizuka heart when she's close to a prince like Dekisugi (Doreamon).
So , Would you enjoy that ? Original Ash competing for a Girl that he has no change of winning ???
Off Course , I enjoy Romance like this where the Protagonist has compete for his girl.

PS : Your double post making it hard for me to read.

Ichigo|BleachShinigami

Years
Imagine this scenery , This girl happen to be Ash's first love ! However , Both Gary & Other guys also has a major crush on her.
She treat Ash more like a Good Friend but not as a potential Love-interest! She seem to enjoy Gary & other rival company because they are her intellectual equal.
SO For Original Ash who was weaker then other trainer , It would be a challenge for him to get her attention!
Just like its a challenge for Nobita to win Shizuka heart when she's close to a prince like Dekisugi (Doreamon).
So , Would you enjoy that ? Original Ash competing for a Girl that he has no change of winning ???
Off Course , I enjoy Romance like this where the Protagonist has compete for his girl.

well i'll really enjoy that but in the anime misty also had feeling for ash and writters wanted add a love story in it but thay editors cut out thus seens -_- and if you want some profe try reading the electricttale of pikachu manga

Years

I doubt Ash is mature enough to know about love and romance lol. Just look at how clueless he acts when the topic is brought up, particularly Misty who always comments on how "he will understand when he grows up". XD

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
Years
Obviously it had to be red and green ( anime counterparts) I'm guessing they were eventually supposed to pop up in the anime but the writers changed their minds

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
Regarding the theories, I really don't know who the other two trainers either, other than they most likely had Bulbasaur and Charmander (remember, Gary got Squirtle). What I DO know is that Damien (the former owner of Ash's Charizard) definitely couldn't have been one of the Pallet Town trainers, since he explicitly stated that he "caught" Charmander, meaning it couldn't have been his starter (how can it really be his "starter Pokémon" if he caught it in the wild?).

A side note, but unlike Dogasu, I felt the dub improved the bit about Brock knowing about Gary having a Squirtle when it was revealed during the Johto match, since the Japanese version had Brock implying that he didn't have much of a clue that the Blastoise was Gary's starter, despite the fact that Gary most likely fought Brock for the Boulder Badge if the badge case in The Battle of The Badge plus the fact that Gary had already beaten Ash to Mount Moon by the time Ash got the Boulder Badge is anything to go by. I mean, yeah, Brock already knowing does kinda kills the suspense, but it's at least better than treating Ash's friends like idiots like in the Japanese version (well, okay, only Brock. Misty at least had an excuse for not knowing since she never actually fought Gary for the badge, Misty's sisters did, and they lost. Brock doesn't have that excuse at all).

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I doubt Ash is mature enough to know about love and romance lol. Just look at how clueless he acts when the topic is brought up, particularly Misty who always comments on how "he will understand when he grows up". XD

I'm talking about Original Ash!
You know , That one who did this--
245.jpg

248.jpg

Do you honestly think someone has to fully mature about "Love" to develop a crush on someone ?
A lot of Kids develop crush at young age without learning about it. Its embedded in our DNA.

Ichigo|BleachShinigami

Years
I'm talking about Original Ash!
You know , That one who did this--
245.jpg

248.jpg

Do you honestly think someone has to fully mature about "Love" to develop a crush on someone ?
A lot of Kids develop crush at young age without learning about it. Its embedded in our DNA.

to be honest i with there was a love story in between ash and misty and there was one but ash was so stupid he didnt even noticed how much misty cared about her and in the anime thay edited of misty's crying seane at end of seasoon 2 -_- plus ash really really really stupid .__.
And danm thus writters thay toke away his pervyness :v

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
to be honest i with there was a love story in between ash and misty and there was one but ash was so stupid he didnt even noticed how much misty cared about her and in the anime thay edited of misty's crying seane at end of seasoon 2 -_- plus ash really really really stupid .__.
And danm thus writters thay toke away his pervyness :v

I don't recall a crying scene in Orange Islands, not even with Dogasu. Can you cite the episode? Also, isn't Ash male?

And to be fair, Orange Islands DID have Ash expressing some jealousy (or at least an emotion that resembles jealousy) whenever Misty got affection from Danny and Rudy. And he does seem to have a bit of a jealous reaction to Fiorello when thinking Misty was only going for the autograph with Fiorello in Princess vs. Princess, so I'd say there is evidence to suggest he's a bit more aware about how Misty cared for him and how he cared for her in a more than friends kind of way, certainly moreso than Ash and Serena anyways, now THAT had Ash being completely oblivious.

Ichigo|BleachShinigami

Years
I don't recall a crying scene in Orange Islands, not even with Dogasu. Can you cite the episode? Also, isn't Ash male?

And to be fair, Orange Islands DID have Ash expressing some jealousy (or at least an emotion that resembles jealousy) whenever Misty got affection from Danny and Rudy. And he does seem to have a bit of a jealous reaction to Fiorello when thinking Misty was only going for the autograph with Fiorello in Princess vs. Princess, so I'd say there is evidence to suggest he's a bit more aware about how Misty cared for him and how he cared for her in a more than friends kind of way, certainly moreso than Ash and Serena anyways, now THAT had Ash being completely oblivious.

well try to read the electrice tail of pikachu manga and the reasone why you didnt see misty's crying seans coz thay edited them out

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
well try to read the electrice tail of pikachu manga and the reasone why you didnt see misty's crying seans coz thay edited them out

Can you tell me WHICH episode in Orange Islands ended up edited to eliminate crying, because nothing's ringing any bells.

And as far as ETOP, I thought they generally edited things due to some things that are considered child unfriendly (like the infamous scene where Ash, Mikey, and Brock end up lusting over Misty at the hot springs)?

Ichigo|BleachShinigami

Years
Can you tell me WHICH episode in Orange Islands ended up edited to eliminate crying, because nothing's ringing any bells.

And as far as ETOP, I thought they generally edited things due to some things that are considered child unfriendly (like the infamous scene where Ash, Mikey, and Brock end up lusting over Misty at the hot springs)?

i dont remember when misty was crying but you can see alot of videos about misty and ash's love astory lol

Back