• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen The Regi Trio

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
So the Regi family in Gen 3.. I'd say finding them was a little... erratic? o-o

First you had to get a Relicanth and Wailord as well as a Pokemon with Dig and Dive, then you'd have to dive towards a specific spot near route 134, where read this braille text, and then, the regis will finally surface upon different caves: the Desert Tomb in the desert where Regirock is, Route 105's Island Cave where Regice is, and the Ancient Tomb in Route 120 where Regirock is.

But even if you know where the caves are, there are still puzzles to solve within each of them, like to reach Regirock, you'd have to go right twice, down twice and then use Strength, to reach Regice, you'll need to stand there and wait 2 minutes, and for Registeel, you'll need to use Fly in the middle of the room. Whew.

Well still, going over the Regi trio, Regirock the Rockbody pokemon, Registeel the Steelbody pokemon, and Regice the Iceberg pokemon, if you had to pick only one, which of these Regi tri would be your favourite, and which one would you choose to get? Why?

KamikazeSSoH

Gym leader of São Paulo,brazi
Years
Registeel. THE STEELBODY POKEMON! i think its the Pokemon from the regitrio... i don't know why....but the other regi's are so kinda dumb. and i see Registeel as the leader.. idk and i never tried to get them in the game.not even when i was a kid and my friend told me how to get them i was like ''shhhiii i have Rayquaza i don't need some ass legendary that is super hard to get.''

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Regice only because i love ice types!
But really the method was a little weird i kinda would like too know the significance of relicanth and wailord!

Years
Regice is the only one i've ever really used in-game, at least during the main adventure because that Ice-type is nice to use against some opposing types that the game presents. Registeel didn't have any higher attack or defense stats as opposed to its brethren, and Regirock was not very good to deal with its major weaknesses (not to mention i'm really just not a big one for Rock-types).

And I did find it something else when I figured out how I was supposed to get them, eleven years ago...that was just not what I counted on in getting them.

Years
I don't remember if I used any of the Regis in battle, but I do remember in my Emerald game I was going to capture them all and reading the Braille text.

Years
I've never actualy used them, but getting them was kinda fun. Late at night, sitting with a pen and paper, solving the puzzles... Good times.

Cassette_Tape

Retro Fanatic
Years
I have to say Regice is the best IMO even though I didnt catch them more than once, but Pokemon Emerald Ruby Sapphire are so nostalgic :D

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
Regice. For the most part its because of its design. The other two just don't look as cool. xD

Years
I actually really adore the Regis, I remember watching them in the anime and I loved how they sounded. I remember after my first playthrough of Emerald, I kept searching "how to find the Regis on Emerald" and alas I found out. My favourite Regi is Regirock, because I've used it in a lot of battles and was a huge fan of Brandon's Regirock. I love it's design along with the two other Regis :3

Years
I never got around to catching any of them, but based on design alone my fave of the three is Regice. I just love Ice-types a lot I guess, and I love how it's made of literal ice, which explains why you freeze when you touch its body in Pokemon Amie.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I love the Regis. They are my favorite trio. My favorite would have to be Regice for design, and I love Ice types in general so yeah. Next would be Regirock and then Registeel last. But I love all three, and use them in Hoenn quite a lot. I wish they made it easier to get them though haha.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
The only one I actually used for a time was Regice, or 'Regular Ice'. Plus the cry is cooler than the other two, and being pure Ice type gave it the ability to saw through the Dragon users in the game, as well as Grass, Ground, and all the pesky bird Pokemon.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
Regice was the pokemon that I quite liked out of the 3. I seem to prefer Ice types over Rock and Steel for some reason... plus it was the only one I used in my party.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I kinda thought that the things you had to do to get the Regis was obnoxiously specific (and I was one of those people who never knew about the braille translation guide in the instruction manual until many years later). But the one I like the most of the 3 is Regirock; I wanna catch one with a good nature and decent IVs on my Alpha Sapphire and have fun with that. Though I do agree with Warsmith that Regice has the best cry of the 3.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
As a kid I never actually got them because I had to no idea what you had to do... It was only until years later I read up about it and finally found out what those big rocks were around the region. That was probably the only time I ever bothered to do the requirements, even now on the newer gens I didn't really do the requirements until recently. I like Registeel the most, it seems the most powerful to me! I also quite like it's shiny hehe <3

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Theyre kinda cool i also loved them in the anime movies. I did catch all of them but i hated the puzzle lol getting that Relicath! They are definately cool representing the different ages qnd i think my fav is Regice because i love ice type and i think him and Registeel are the coolest. I guess i just dont like regirocks design a ton or rock types in general :p

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
I wasn't a fan of them and still not a fan, hahaha. I don't like their designs, they are part of the few things that I dislike from the Hoenn region.

GengyGengar

Sp00py
Years
I really like this trio, I thought their designs were quite unique and were surprisingly charming. Plus they are bulky af, which I quite like! But then they had to go and **** it all up with Regigigas...good thing that was Gen 4, not Gen 3. My favourite is definitely Regice, because I think Ice is a very underrated type and I really love its design~ :3

Back