• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Why not, Wynaut?

Years
360.gif

What did you do with the Wynaut egg you received from the old woman in Lavaridge town? Did you consider training it or were you like me and saw little appeal in such a limited moveset? Did you evolve it for the data? Or was it boxed altogether?

Years
I never raised that Wynaut, I only ever hatched it for my Pokedex. It doesn't appeal to me, especially because I dislike Wobbuffet, and due to it's poor movepool. Plus, unless necessary or a huge liking towards it, I won't raise a Pokemon from level 5 that late into the game, I'd rather use that time more usefully for the other Pokemon in my party.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
lol you don't know how excited I was the first time I played rse and I got that egg. I was so excited to see what Pokemon it was. When it hatched into Wynaut I prayed for that wasted walking time back. Ever since then every time I get that egg I usually just box it without hatching.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I hatched him but never used him. Its a shame too. I absolutely love Wobuffett, but they ruined him with the limited movepool. If he had a larger variety of moves to learn, I would totally have used him.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
Hatched it near Mauville then boxed it. To be honest I didn't have any use with it. I had a Gardevoir in my team. If he had even a slightly better moveset I might of just used him because I do like its original design haha

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
I hatched it and then boxed it straight away. At that time I didn't have the patience to evolve it and use a Wobbuffet. I think Wobbuffet (and Wynaut) are pretty cool though but I just didn't have the patience to go through with it :P

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
Years
I hatched mine and boxed it. I had no interest in the pokemon. It just did not appeal to me at all. xD Plus I had better pokemon on my team already anyway.

Years
I never used the Egg when I got it, I would hatch it for my Pokédex and then box it afterward. Too much of a hassle to train a Pokémon for as long as i'd have to with no attacks. (Although admittedly there's the Exp. Share.) Not worth the trouble.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
Years
In my first playthrough of Sapphire I think I missed it.... But the second run I used it. I loved that thing, even if he wasn't on my team 24/7. In OrAs however, my team was full or at least almost full when I got it. Had to box it but I plan on hatching it soon. I almost used it in an Emerald Nuzlocke, but I lost that save file after it hatched. >.>

JoshTheTrainer

Glaceon Lover ~
Years
Wynaut and Wobuffet are 2 strange pokemon. They're not offensive fighters and I'm an offensive fighter, so I never raised it. However, if you're a defensive fighter, they can be great! They can defeat high-level pokemon with their own power. But since it can NEVER launch an attack on its own, it's practically a no-go for me.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
When I'd first gotten a hold of this egg in Pokémon Ruby, I thought it might have been something else. The old woman did say it held Wynaut, if I'm not mistaken, but I did not pay too much attention in my first run, which led me into believing that. I was expecting a Togepi to hatch from it, similarly to how things were in Gold, Silver, and Crystal.

When it hatched, I was definitely surprised, as the Pokémon was completely new to me. I did wind up keeping it on my team! After a bit of training, it had soon evolved into a Wobuffet. Personally, I didn't quite enjoy battling with this Pokémon, as it seemed to have made the process a bit complicating. Soon enough, however, I got used to it, and taught myself as to how Wobuffet is utilized.

In terms of appearance and whatnot, I'm a fan of Wynaut line, as it's unique in its own way. Wynaut's evolution is more or less a punching-bag to withstand hits and strike back harder, and the design represents this pretty well.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
I did hatch it, to see what Pokémon it was. I didn't put it on my team, I think I already got my complete team when it hatched. I've never evolved it, not even for the dex entry. This wasn't necessary because I tried to complete my dex in FR, in which you could catch Wobuffet itself.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I think it's a bit too tedious to train and battle with overall, so I never used it. Cute, but a bit of a disappointment when it hatched, yeah. Sadly ;3

Back