• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen 4th Gen Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Iono... Started EV training yesterday and some of my pokemon (lvl 30s) have been getting up to 9 speed or specattk per level @_@

Um, one question, once my pokemon max out their EV it doesn't matter at all what pokemon they battle?

Once your Pokemon fully maxes out their EVs (510 EVs total), then they can't gain any further EVs, so it doesn't matter who they battle from that point on.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Yes; their effect only kicks in when they are being held. Akin to say the Exp Share; it only does something when it is in use.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
If I understand your question properly, then no; it'll give the EVs the item is specific to regardless of the Pokemon battled. E.g. if you use the item for Attack EVs and fight Magikarp (which give 1 speed EV each) then the Pokemon will get 4 attack EVs and 1 speed EV.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
If I understand your question properly, then no; it'll give the EVs the item is specific to regardless of the Pokemon battled. E.g. if you use the item for Attack EVs and fight Magikarp (which give 1 speed EV each) then the Pokemon will get 4 attack EVs and 1 speed EV.

I didnt explain correctly. I have maxed out my EVs with Sp atk and Speed. Do I need to battle pokemon with Sp atk or Speed to gain the 5-6 speed boosts. I have been equipping my Dragonair with Macho Brace and each level up I only get 2 or 3 point boosts sometimes 4. I am not sure what im doin wrong

Also The Macho braces and stuff adds 2 ev of anything or does it multiply by 2. Ive been understanding that Macho Multiplys instead of addition.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I didnt explain correctly. I have maxed out my EVs with Sp atk and Speed. Do I need to battle pokemon with Sp atk or Speed to gain the 5-6 speed boosts. I have been equipping my Dragonair with Macho Brace and each level up I only get 2 or 3 point boosts sometimes 4. I am not sure what im doin wrong

Also The Macho braces and stuff adds 2 ev of anything or does it multiply by 2. Ive been understanding that Macho Multiplys instead of addition.

The Macho Brace doubles the amount of EVs you get. For instance, if you battle a Zubat, you get 2 Speed EVs instead of the usual 1.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Ok. So with things like Ankle bracelet is it the original ev point multiply by 4 or is 1+4 for 5 ev points

The Power items add 4 EVs of a particular stat depending on the item itself in addition to the EVs you get. If you're holding a Power Anklet and you defeat a Shinx, you get 4 Speed EVs from the Power Anklet in addition to the 1 Attack EV the Shinx provides. Here are the Power items:
-Power Weight: adds 4 HP EVs
-Power Bracer: adds 4 Attack EVs
-Power Belt: adds 4 Defense EVs
-Power Lens: adds 4 Special Attack EVs
-Power Band: adds 4 Special Defense EVs
-Power Anklet: adds 4 Speed EVs

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
The Power items add 4 EVs of a particular stat depending on the item itself in addition to the EVs you get. If you're holding a Power Anklet and you defeat a Shinx, you get 4 Speed EVs from the Power Anklet in addition to the 1 Attack EV the Shinx provides. Here are the Power items:
-Power Weight: adds 4 HP EVs
-Power Bracer: adds 4 Attack EVs
-Power Belt: adds 4 Defense EVs
-Power Lens: adds 4 Special Attack EVs
-Power Band: adds 4 Special Defense EVs
-Power Anklet: adds 4 Speed EVs

Thank you that helps alot

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2014
Pokerus Smiley Face Disappeared?

I haven't been on my DS in several months, so I decided to play Pokemon Pearl. I started it up, checked my pokemons' stats, then I realized the little smiley faces were gone! I spent over fifteen minutes trying to figure out where the little smiley faces that indicated that they were "cured" of Pokerus had gone. I know for a FACT that my party Pokemon got pokerus several years ago, but for some reason the smiley face is gone now. Any ideas?

Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2012
Does Roselia give 1 or 2 Special Attack EV's in Generation 4?

the gamefaq for Pokemon Diamond states 1, Bulbapedia states 2 for gen 5 and 1 for gen 3..... @_@

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Going to move this to the Help thread as that's where questions belong.

It's the first I've heard of it though. Don't know why that'd happen byond some weird sort of glitch. =/

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2014
Hmm. I've had no luck figuring out what happened, so I guess I can always ask the developers... Strange though, because my Empoleon, Staraptor, Luxray, Golduck, Ponyta, and Palkia all had it...

Years
  • Seen May 20, 2013
What flying pokemon

Ok so i was gonna get soul silver today and i was wondering what pokemon is the best one out of these: HootHoot, Zubat, or pidgeot?

oh yeah and i was wondering whats a good place to train my pokemon before the first gym because i like to overlevel them before i fight any gym leaders..

Last edited:

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
The farthest you'll get out is the route before Cherry Grove. So take on lots of Bellsprouts and Gastly in Sprout Tower.

Also I prefer Pidgey and Hoot isn't a bad choice either. It's all a matter of preference and comfort with that Pokemon, I would say the Pokemon you have more experience with.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Ok so i was gonna get soul silver today and i was wondering what pokemon is the best one out of these: HootHoot, Zubat, or pidgeot?

oh yeah and i was wondering whats a good place to train my pokemon before the first gym because i like to overlevel them before i fight any gym leaders..

Pidgey > Pidgeot and Zubat > Crobat are you best choices here imo. Although HootHoot > Noctowl is good, it's not as powerful as Pidgeot later in the game, as well as Zubat > Crobat who I'd recommend over all for it's best typing, which will prove especially useful against Bugsy. Although if you think you're going to have trouble with Morty, catching an additional HootHoot and training it or placing it in the Day Care until it either is able to evolve and/or learns a few psychic moves such as Hypnosis and Confusion would be extremely useful. Although, Hypno would easily fill in such a place -- which is able to be caught on the same route as the Day Care center is located.

And, I highly suggest you train in the bellsprout tower (which will give your pokemon quite a few levels anyway) like previously mentioned, alongside griding in route 30 and 31. The Ruins of Alph is also a possible training area as well the first patch of grass on Route 32.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back