• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] The World Is Not so Kind Anymore...

SuperEspeon

Sinnohbaby
Years
Hey, guys! This here is a story I've been brewing for quite a while now. It should be warned that there is some decent amount of language and violence in here. This is not to make the story more mature or something, it's to fullfill the needs of a certain character. The story takes place 5 years after the events of FireRed and LeafGreen, but there will be some Pokemon from future gens in here. Anyways enjoy the story!

Chapter 1: And So It Begins...

Just as Kaz was about to step outside he heard his mother call out to him.

"Kaz! I'm excited for you and getting your new pokemon and all... just be careful okay? Around Professor Oak? 'Cause... well, y'know."

Kaz inhaled sharply. He knew exactly what his mom was talking about. After the love of his life Agatha had rejected him because "he was too weak" and his favorite trainer Red had abandoned him forever to go train off in Kanto somewhere, Oak had gone a little off the deep end. He had become a "raging drunk" so to speak. "Don't worry mom, I know. It should be fine," he assured her before quickly going outside and shutting the door behind him. The brilliant beams of sun hit him square on the face. A grin spread from cheek to cheek, as the warm summer day wrapped around him in a bear hug. This would have been a great place to have a summer vacation house, had the town not been so off the map. Kaz's little city was so out of the way, they were just a couple of town houses thrown together. Not even a Pokemon Center or a PokeMart graced the town, that was how out of the way they were. But, finally, Kaz would be able to shed this town like a snake shed old skin, and go on a Pokemon journey. That is, if Professor Oak was in a good mood today.

As he started the short walk to the lab, he began to think. The best thing this town had seen for years was Red. The glorious Red! Once Red became champion and it surfaced that he came from Pallet Town, the town was back on the map for a moment! They were going to build Pokemarts, Pokemon Centers, Department Stores, a whole entourage of new buildings. They wanted to expand Pallet Town, and expand it fast. But then Red left his post as champion. It didn't make any sense why he would do that. And then, just as before, Pallet Town was off the map. Red went to Mt. Silver in Kanto or something, nobody was quite sure why. Kaz would always ask himself, why? But just then, his train of thought was interrupted as he reached the Pokemon Lab. One of the windows was boarded up, and the LED sign that read "LAB," once brightly shone was out, and the 'B' swung haphazardly off the side. Kaz took a deep breath and stepped in side.

Kaz blinked as the day's sunbaked air and bright sunlight turned into screaming fluorescent lamps and the strong stench of booze. "Oak?" he called out. The only response he got was the stinging silence of the laboratory. He made his way to the back to find Professor Oak passed out, sprawled on a off-brand lawn chair, his mouth wide open. He gagged as he leaned in close to wake him up. He reeked of the putrid smell of liquor. He shook him awake tentatively, "Oak, its me, Kaz! I'm here for my Pokemon!" Oak awoke, bleary eyed.

"Errgh..."
He suddenly sprang up, whipped out a pocket knife and yelled, "What the hell? Get the f^ck away from me you sick skinhead soviets! Oh Kaz... it's you. What in the name of blazes do you want?" As Oak pocketed his knife Kaz replied,

"I'm here for my pokemon. You know, I'm 13? Thats the legal age to get a pokemon."

Oak lurched back into the lawn-chair, "I swear to god you fu^king wannabe trainers are all leeches. You all just want to have a pokemon, no thank you, or any of that. You just run away, never to thank me, and just abandon me."

Kaz sensed a tinge of sorrow in Oak's voice. Was he talking about Red?

"I was sucked dry of my last pokemon years ago you little dipwad. You kids just take, take, take, and take. Never giving anything back. Go catch your own f%ckin' pokemon."

Pointing to a Pokeball on a table behind Oak, Kaz replied, "Then what's that?"

"Huh? Oh. Right, I forgot. I've got one. It's some kind of dog or some $hit, here take it. Oh, and don't let it loose in here, I don't want it taking a crap on my floor. Oh, and here take this too," Oak said, tossing him a square device with a screen with dust coating the top of it. Looks like it hadn't been used in years. "It's a Pokedex. It'll just record all the Pokemon you see. That way, it'll make some cash flow in for me. Maybe for once I'll pay the bills, and this should provide some good beer money." Professor Oak chuckled. "Yeah, that'll do it. Now get the hell out of my lab," he said shooing Kaz out. When Kaz stepped outside, he breathed a sigh of relief. He had already said a proper good bye to his mother, so he took his first step away from home, out onto the route. He was ready to begin a new chapter in his life, away from this crappy forgotten town. He wanted to go someplace else.... away. And who knew? Maybe he'd end up like Red. A pokemon champion. Pokemon Champion Kaz... that had a ring to it.

NotepadScrawls

Mugging Student
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 29, 2014
I'm interested to see how this story progresses. Interesting concept and deviates slightly from the typical journey concept. You did a good job bringing out Professor Oak's new cranky personality which I can kinda relate to even though I'm not old. I thought that Kaz calling him 'Oak' was rude though, unless he's on chummy terms with the Professor. I wonder what that dog Pokemon is... Speaking of which, wouldn't Kaz be really really excited to get his first Pokemon and open the Pokeball the moment he got out of the lab? I'll be keeping up with this story :)

SuperEspeon

Sinnohbaby
Years
I'm interested to see how this story progresses. Interesting concept and deviates slightly from the typical journey concept. You did a good job bringing out Professor Oak's new cranky personality which I can kinda relate to even though I'm not old. I thought that Kaz calling him 'Oak' was rude though, unless he's on chummy terms with the Professor. I wonder what that dog Pokemon is... Speaking of which, wouldn't Kaz be really really excited to get his first Pokemon and open the Pokeball the moment he got out of the lab? I'll be keeping up with this story :)

The reason he simply calls him Oak is because everyone in the town knows that y'know, hes gone a little off the deep end, and they've dont regard him so highly anymore. And Ill show you what the pokemon is in the next chapter. Also, you're right, I kind of botched the whole getting the new pokemon thing, but in the next chapter Ill make sure to showcase his exitement.
Thank you!

Back