Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub
Reload this Page The Idea Exchange Thread- Inspiring Bigger Things.

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old December 3rd, 2014 (07:41 PM).
DyingWillFlareon
Finally claimed Flareon ftw

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by Prixy:
Haha that's awesome!

And yeah, you did the spoiler perfectly. I had issues early on, so I kinda had a nostalgia run after you said that lol.

I can see what you mean about the level curve, and I am looking forward to seeing a link in your description with a proper link to a thread, but you'll have to get a working demo (up to 1 Gym's completion for thread creation, in the progressing hacks section) before posting a thread for the game.

Keep your head up, and make sure you come back here often! You never know what you will find in The Idea Exchange Thread! :3

Good luck!
I'm working on Cherrygrove as we speak as well as fixing up Rustboro, thanks, and I'll keep an eye out!

Shhh PreciousMetals Version coming soon.....
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature
Come check out my Challenge! Owner of The Dexholders' Challenge!
Need something to completly take over and rule your free time? Wynaut Pokemon Trivia?
Currently playing:
Legacylocke: Day 2; Mega Evolution Silver Single run: 6/6 16/16 @Mt. Silver; PokeSweet Version DuoSpecies Single Challenge Fudgisaur/Cupcat 2/2 3/8; Pokemon Ultimate Solo Run w/ Sableye 1/5 missions completed; Pokemon Ruby Ones that got Away: (To be started); Pokemon Random FireRed Omega: 5/6 4/8; Pokemon Random Platinum Challenge: 5/6 5/8; Type Cycle Challenge: 0/3 0/8 (To be started!); Date of Birth Challenge: (To be started!); Dex Holder National: Kanto 0/4 Johto Hoenn Sinnoh Unova
Old 4 Weeks Ago (09:54 AM).
Magic
キュウコン

Magic used REVIVE.

Anyone sitting on any more story or feature ideas? This thread is awesome for discussing creativity, so let's not let it die! : D

Another idea I may or may not use. Feel free to develop it further/use them yourself. Let me know what you think.

Changes to HMs
Rather than HMs being a static attack I'd like them to develop with the story. One idea I've been trying to implement would be an increasing attack depending on either (a) badges or (b) use. It wouldn't allow to all HMs, only the weak/less used/more annoying ones.

Take cut, for example. For every two badges (or 10 cut bushes cut) the attack gains 5 power. Meaning, at the end of the game, Cut would be an 80 attack move rather than 60 - hopefully making it a lot more useful and less of a pain to keep on a party member.
Old 4 Weeks Ago (10:41 AM).
DarkenedEclipse
Project Oak

Nature: Bold
Although this may sound really noobish of me XD... What if there's a way to change the pokemon tamed level works? Like instead of you need to have X amount of badges for X level of pokemon to obey you instead of doing whatever, you can change it to... I don't know, something such as points in the storyline where the levels will be activated then? I've always hated badges putting those restrictions on me, and would rather have it to the storyline to increase difficulty and be able to strategize how I play the hack more.
Old 4 Weeks Ago (02:47 PM).
Maverick225

I have this idea of doing a Gen 1 hack that involves everything(almost everything) being the opposite of what its supposed to be, like the Pokemon Tower being in Vermilion City rather than in Lavender Town, and the Gym leaders specialize in types that are the opposite of what they really use. Like an alternate universe or dimension
Old 3 Weeks Ago (11:28 AM).
Magic
キュウコン

Quote originally posted by DarkenedEclipse:
Although this may sound really noobish of me XD... What if there's a way to change the pokemon tamed level works? Like instead of you need to have X amount of badges for X level of pokemon to obey you instead of doing whatever, you can change it to... I don't know, something such as points in the storyline where the levels will be activated then? I've always hated badges putting those restrictions on me, and would rather have it to the storyline to increase difficulty and be able to strategize how I play the hack more.
Sounds like a good idea! I'm pretty sure it's possible to remove the level-restrictions from badges, so I'm sure it would be possible to move them to other flags and use them in the story! In the original games the badges were story markers though, really.

Quote originally posted by Maverick225:
I have this idea of doing a Gen 1 hack that involves everything(almost everything) being the opposite of what its supposed to be, like the Pokemon Tower being in Vermilion City rather than in Lavender Town, and the Gym leaders specialize in types that are the opposite of what they really use. Like an alternate universe or dimension
Sounds like an interesting idea, although would have to be well done and make sure the whole world was back to front. Not sure what the purpose of moving the tower would be though?...
Old 3 Weeks Ago (12:28 PM).
zoroarkrules25

Quote originally posted by Magic:
Sounds like a good idea! I'm pretty sure it's possible to remove the level-restrictions from badges, so I'm sure it would be possible to move them to other flags and use them in the story! In the original games the badges were story markers though, really.

Sounds like an interesting idea, although would have to be well done and make sure the whole world was back to front. Not sure what the purpose of moving the tower would be though?...
I believe it goes with the theory that the tower originallly was meant for vermilion city.
Old 3 Weeks Ago (01:56 PM). Edited 3 Weeks Ago by Projectwolfie.
Projectwolfie
I play for keeps!

I believe I have mentioned the first in an earlier thread, but here are a couple:
We play the game from a scientist's perspective and explain exactly how things work/how the Pokemon world works. How much power the Elite 4 and Gym Leaders have, how Pokeballs, Pokemon Centers, Potions, etc. work, history of Pokemon usage in greater detail, all that. Would take a lot of work to come out right though.

The second: you know how there's an ASM hack for deleting Pokemon once fainted? I have an idea for that. It's not for everyone by any stretch of the means nor would a lot even want to play the idea, but what if we make a hack that plays akin to the less linear SaGa games or Dragon Quest?

1. This is prevalent through the entire game. Permadeath, you lose if you lose all Pokemon period. No, it would not be mentioned in great detail and is not used for gratuitous death/edgy plot purposes (a short mention is made about percentages to not make it out-of-nowhere). Plot is more-or-less the same as other GF games.

2. Starters would be random and chosen from a list, you only choose the type.

3. The world would be completely open, with no roadblocks outside of really important things. This is done slightly inspired by older JRPGs: you are only limited by what you can tackle, while you can go everywhere from the start you may not like what you find. Sure the NPCs may tell you where beginners go to train, but that doesn't mean you have to. Some events would happen if you do things in a certain order, and of course certain Pokemon/items you can get in certain places have an advantage in certain places or events.

4. HMs are usable without badges but you need the HM. Gyms exist though you can battle them in any order, would be a sizable challenge (note: does not always mean "extremely high levels and extreme grind") and you would need to travel around to train.

5. This game would be pretty well built around expectations that the player is not only experienced at Pokemon, but will take multiple playthroughs of the game. The intro would be shorter than even FireRed, and is only for the purpose of you getting a starter which will also be different. So you don't feel exactly like you're playing the same slog everytime, and you can take another route if you wish.
Old 2 Weeks Ago (10:03 AM).
DJTiki
Just Some Average Anthropomorphic Gallade

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to DJTiki
Quote originally posted by Projectwolfie:
I believe I have mentioned the first in an earlier thread, but here are a couple:
We play the game from a scientist's perspective and explain exactly how things work/how the Pokemon world works. How much power the Elite 4 and Gym Leaders have, how Pokeballs, Pokemon Centers, Potions, etc. work, history of Pokemon usage in greater detail, all that. Would take a lot of work to come out right though.

The second: you know how there's an ASM hack for deleting Pokemon once fainted? I have an idea for that. It's not for everyone by any stretch of the means nor would a lot even want to play the idea, but what if we make a hack that plays akin to the less linear SaGa games or Dragon Quest?

1. This is prevalent through the entire game. Permadeath, you lose if you lose all Pokemon period. No, it would not be mentioned in great detail and is not used for gratuitous death/edgy plot purposes (a short mention is made about percentages to not make it out-of-nowhere). Plot is more-or-less the same as other GF games.

2. Starters would be random and chosen from a list, you only choose the type.

3. The world would be completely open, with no roadblocks outside of really important things. This is done slightly inspired by older JRPGs: you are only limited by what you can tackle, while you can go everywhere from the start you may not like what you find. Sure the NPCs may tell you where beginners go to train, but that doesn't mean you have to. Some events would happen if you do things in a certain order, and of course certain Pokemon/items you can get in certain places have an advantage in certain places or events.

4. HMs are usable without badges but you need the HM. Gyms exist though you can battle them in any order, would be a sizable challenge (note: does not always mean "extremely high levels and extreme grind") and you would need to travel around to train.

5. This game would be pretty well built around expectations that the player is not only experienced at Pokemon, but will take multiple playthroughs of the game. The intro would be shorter than even FireRed, and is only for the purpose of you getting a starter which will also be different. So you don't feel exactly like you're playing the same slog everytime, and you can take another route if you wish.
Hey look..... I'm back.

The PermaDeath feature seriously gave me flashbacks to Fire Emblem. I always thought of a game that would be open and you could do mostly anything. My idea for a list would be having some sort of personality test that would replace the intro. Having a point system that would lead to a certain Pokémon.

Although I'm usually not a fan of having no explanation, I think that having no explanation ccan leave out a lot of potential holes in something meant to be simple.

I've imagined that Gym Leaders will come in different teams to compensate for each potential path, the player takes. So the first Gym Leader you tackle will have a worse team than the last one you tackle.

Got a knack in Hacking? Then you should probably click that picture. I'm still waiting....sooooooo nice weather isn't it?.

Links For All The Things:
DJTiKi's Guide To Planning Your Awesome ROM Hack! Planning For Dummies
The Idea Exchange Thread- Inspiring Bigger Things!
A (Very) Short Dictionary To ROM Hacking Lingo!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links