• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Leaf

What do I put here?
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2010
So.. im kind of new here. nah whatever..
Does in the 3rd gen Pokemon's crys just pop out of nowhere? today i played leafgreen hapily untill 2 crys of a pokemon (i think its a ponyta or my moltres) out of nowhere, the secend one was just stupid if it was a feature, i was just going off my snorlax after a nice surf and guess what heppened.. a cry of a pokemon suddenly appeared! and i was on an island.. no grass whatsoever..

i just hate it, why does this heppen it creeps me out (did pokemon turned out to be a horror game?)

Sesh

Subjectively Objective
Years
@Leaf, yeah it happens, it's normal, wherever you go pokemon that can be found in that area will cry, which was good if you didn't know where to catch legendaries cause occasionally you'd catch their cry too. But basically it's just there to give you an idea of what kind of pokemon you can find in that particular route.

@Jumpluff
Um just no, fire pokemon are in short supply as it is, you wont find any fire pokemon till about the 4th badge. So unless you picked Torchic sorry you're out of luck.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
Years
  • Age 52
  • Utah
  • Seen Jul 27, 2010
If you started with Mudkip, you will have no use for a Fire-type. They are totally over-rated anyway.

Sesh

Subjectively Objective
Years
Althought that's an opinion, i agree Mudkip is a really good starter and if you did pick him he should serve you well.

But yeah you'll have to wait till Lavaridge for any hopes of getting a fire pokemon

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Althought that's an opinion, i agree Mudkip is a really good starter and if you did pick him he should serve you well.

But yeah you'll have to wait till Lavaridge for any hopes of getting a fire pokemon
I thought you can get them right after the 3rd badge in the grass past the boulders and in the cave

True Reign

  
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 31, 2010
If you started with Mudkip, you will have no use for a Fire-type. They are totally over-rated anyway.
They have their uses, Shane.

Wrong. You can catch fire-types in the cave to the right of the fourth gym.

I thought you can get them right after the 3rd badge in the grass past the boulders and in the cave
Your right.

The fire-types in this game are found mostly in the Magma Hideout or the cave on your way to Fallobar Town. Torkoal and Slugma are found there.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
Years
  • Age 52
  • Utah
  • Seen Jul 27, 2010
They have their uses, Shane.
I disagree. Their weaknesses far outweigh any strength they have. They are weak to Ground, Rock, and Water moves while Fire moves are strong against Bug, Grass, Ice, and Steel. Bug and Grass are easily covered by Flying, there are only 16 Ice-types (6 of which are also Water and only 3 are mono Ice), and Steel is easily covered by Ground. The reason you don't find useful Fire-types in RSE is mainly because there is no use for them. You can call it my opinion, but there is a good reason why most competitive teams are without a Fire-type.

True Reign

  
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 31, 2010
I disagree. Their weaknesses far outweigh any strength they have. They are weak to Ground, Rock, and Water moves while Fire moves are strong against Bug, Grass, Ice, and Steel. Bug and Grass are easily covered by Flying, there are only 16 Ice-types (6 of which are also Water and only 3 are mono Ice), and Steel is easily covered by Ground. The reason you don't find useful Fire-types in RSE is mainly because there is no use for them. You can call it my opinion, but there is a good reason why most competitive teams are without a Fire-type.
Yes, I agree with you that in R/S/E there is no use for them. As a replacement you could use the stronger flying and/or ground types; however, they still have their uses in and out of competitive battling.

You can call it my opinion, but there is a good reason why most competitive teams are without a Fire-type.
Heatran is used commonly amongst competitive battling teams.

True Reign

  
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 31, 2010
I know, but Shane was saying how fire types were no common among competitive teams. He was wrong and I correctly him.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
Years
  • Age 52
  • Utah
  • Seen Jul 27, 2010
There is no "best team". The AI is so bad that as long as you give them a sensible moveset, ANY collection of Pokemon will be successful.

That said, for RSE I have always been partial to Swampert/Swellow/Gardevoir. Those three rip through the game the fastest because it doesn't require them to be a very high level. I completed the game with them in their mid-40's.

CrasH

Beasterling
Years
On a natures chart I have it says the "serious" nature varies beteen pokemon. Is that a good or a bad thing, and how could I tell?

True Reign

  
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 31, 2010
Here is a quick chart for you to look at whenever you have questions regarding natures of your Pokemon.

Serious is a neutral ability, so it is niether good nor bad; just not used that often in the Pokemon world unless you are a casual trainer, breeder, or coordinator.

CrasH

Beasterling
Years
Allright thanks.

yeah I knew about the neutral ones, but my chart said that the serious nature vaires between pokemon.

It's probablly just outdated.

- Thanks

True Reign

  
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 31, 2010
I have a question to ask : Swampert is going to be my starter Pokemon for Hoenn. I was thinking of using this set for the Battle Frontier:

260.png
@ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
252 HP // 252 Defense
- Surf
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Protect

Tell me what you think of it.
Allright thanks.

yeah I knew about the neutral ones, but my chart said that the serious nature vaires between pokemon.

It's probablly just outdated.

- Thanks
No problem, Crash. Here to help. :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2015
Because Surf will also hurt your ally in a team battle. Plus, Waterfall has a 20% Flinch effect, whereas Surf will do double damage to someone underwater.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back