• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Mathematics Club ~ *ΜΑΘ* ~

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
Do you like math? Are you good at math? Do you need help with your math homework? Do you want to see what good of a lifestyle it is to be a Mathematheist Mathematician? The join this club and exercise the joy of Mathematics!

What are to be the topics of this club:
  • How wonderful you think mathematics is
  • Neat tips and tricks in mathematics
  • Little math-related "Did you know?"s
  • Math Jokes
  • Help with concepts in mathematics
  • Help with Mathematics homework
  • Applications of Mathematics to Engineering and Science
  • History of mathematics (Although not many will probably care >__>)

Anybody can come on in and ask for help with Math homework. For this, you don't have to have to like mathematics.

However, if you like math and want to be recognized for active conversations, you should probably join as a full-pledge member. This is simple and can be done by filling this out:

Username:
Overall Education Level:
Mathematics Education Level (Or most recent/advanced math subject):
Do you think you can be asked for help in your level or lower?:

Just for fun~ You can also just say you want to be a Full-pledge member.

Full-pledge Members:
  • AdvancedK47 ; 10th Grade ; AP Calculus AB (School); Yes;
  • Otherworld9) ; 4.0, so I think I'm straight A's....oh, I am. ; ??? ; Yes ;
  • Lightning ; Undergrad ; Third Year Uni ; Yes ;
  • BlooMilk C. ; 8th/9th Grade ; Algebra ; Yes ;
  • Sammyskitty ; 11th Grade ; ??? ; Yes ;
  • smile! ; Uni Freshman ; Calculus II ; Probably ;
  • Murasaki_Paz28 ; 12th Grade ; Calculus ; Yes ;
  • Snow Phoenix ; 12th Grade; Calculus II ; Yes;
  • I like Pokemon (...) ; Year 11 ; Calculus(?) ; Yes;
  • Midnight Bear ; 12th Grade ; Calculus(?) ; No ;
  • meerfall ; Year 11 ; Higher Level (IB?) ; Yes ;
  • pikagirl3 ; Uni Freshman ; Algebra 2/Advanced Functions/Modeling/Discrete Math ; Yes;
  • Shiny Meowth ; 10th Grade ; [Some crazy crap above] Multivariable Calculus ; Yes;
  • Pokemon Trainer Touko ; Year 9 ; [some crazy crap above] Multivariable Calculus ; Yes
  • NurseBarbra ; <Irish> 4rd Year (10th Grade) ; ~Precal/Calculus (?) ; Yes ;
  • Drekin ; High School ; Calculus (?); Yes;
  • Alakazam17 ; 4th Year Uni ; Uni Level 3rd Year ; Yes
  • Lifes-A-Beach ; 9th Grade ; Pre-Calculus ; No
  • Bela ; Undergrad ; What? ; Yes
  • Renii ; Undergrad ; Calculus ; Yes
  • Drakow ; Finished Undergrad ; Bachelor of Science in Mathematics ; Yes

Remember to follow the forum and global rules. Now lets

____∞____
\
\
\
\ talk(math(talk))
/
/
/
/
___math(talk) = 0___

Last edited:

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
I want to join!

Username-Otherworld9)
Overall Education Level-4.0, so I think I'm straight A's....oh, I am.
Mathematics Education Level-I'm an 8th grader, and currently taking Algebra Honors.
Do you think you can be asked for help-Yes, I've been asked for help daily, so yes.
What is the Derivative of 3X2?....I feel stupid, but I'm only in Middle School. :paranoid: 6x

I want to be a full pledged member for as long as I live.

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
omg math

Username: Lightning
Overall Education Level: In midst of an undergrad degree
Mathematics Education Level: some second-year university courses :3
Do you think you can be asked for help in your level or lower?: Yup, though I may need a refresher on what things are. XD
What is the derivative of 3X^2?: 6x
Favourite math pick up line: I wish I were a derivative so I could lie tangent to your curves.

You cannot have a math club without math pick up lines!!! 8D

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 2, 2024
Username: BlooMilk C.
Overall Education Level: 8th or 9th grade.
Mathematics Education Level: Pre-Algebra, but I know most topics in Algebra.
Do you think you can be asked for help in your level or lower?: Yes.
What is the derivative of 3X2?: 6x(we just did linear functions, so the rest is Wikipedia)
Math catchprase 8D: Depressing lives are like pi, they need to be terminated.
Also, I want to join as a full-pledge memeber.

Last edited:

Maraala

a fiery passion
Years
Username: Sammyskitty
Overall Education Level: 10th grade
Mathematics Education Level: Currently taking Algebra II
Do you think you can be asked for help in your level or lower?: Yes, I am like super amazing in Geometry whenever I remember how to do the stuff
What is the derivative of 3X^2?: 6x

I want to be a full-pledged member bro

Spinor

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
Hmm... plenty of members already ^__^ I was soo expecting you, Erica

And I really have tried your pickup line there before... needless to say those things are fails until you check out math majors >__>

Years
Requesting joinage 8D

Username: smile!, but you can call me Arc if you want (long story)
Overall Education Level: Uhh, tbh, I'm not quite sure what level of the education in my country would be equivalent to yours. I'm guessing, around 12th grade?
Mathematics Education Level: Currently taking Calculus I.
Do you think you can be asked for help in your level or lower?: Mhmm.. Probably.
What is the derivative of 3X2?: I had to search the meaning of derivative >.> I feel so lame! XD Uh, but yeah, I'm more used to y'. Anyway, 6x.

Math catchprase 8D: Depressing lives are like pi, they need to be terminated.

XD That's funny.

Uhh, math catchphrase? Can't think of any right now. I vaguely remember something about pi, but I can't recall the exact wordings. Though, what my maths teacher once said, (sounds something like this)
If the temperature of a town is 0o Celsius today, and the temperature of tomorrow will be twice colder than today, then what is tomorrow's temperature?

Murasaki_Paz28

Ninjaa ♥
Years
Ill try my best !!

Username: Murasaki_Paz28,, but you can jus call me Murasaki for short :)
Overall Education level: 11th grade
Mathematics Education Level: Already took... pre-algebra, algebra 1 honors, geometry, and algebra 2. Going towardz Pre-cal then Cal 1
Do you think you can be asked for help in your level or lower: Bad memory but i can try :P
Srry i dont get what everybodiez answering 3X2=6X,, i dont member what derivative meanz if i even learned it,, bad memory like i said :(
I guezz full pledged member plz since everyone iz already...

Cherrim

Years
*pats* My high school curriculum didn't introduce derivatives until the second half of the grade 12 calculus/functions course so it's not weird if you haven't seen it before. :3

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
Years
Username: Snow Phoenix
Overall Education Level: 11th Grade, GPA = 3.94. I regret the mistakes I made when I took High School classes in middle school @-@
Mathematics Education Level: I take Calculus at a community college via dual enrollment. I started off taking Pre-Algebra in 6th, Algebra 1 in 7th, Geometry in 8th. Algebra 2 in 9th, and then College Algebra, Plane Trig., and Pre-Calculus via Dual Credit. Dual credit classes are a semester each.
Do you think you can be asked for help in your level or lower?: Yes :3 I tutor Netto every now and then <3
What did Pi say to i and what did i say back to Pi?: Err... I'd say something, but I'm probably overthinking things @-@

Last edited:

Spinor

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
*pats* My high school curriculum didn't introduce derivatives until the second half of the grade 12 calculus/functions course so it's not weird if you haven't seen it before. :3

Actually, in the high school I go to, a lot of people are ahead in their math studies. There are like double the seniors in the Calculus AB classes than in the Pre-Calculus classes. There's ALMOST pure Seniors in the Calculus BC class and the Statistics class. Both classes barely fit the one period XD. And I say almost because I've seen Juniors taking those classes as well. Not only that, I know a Junior who took Calculus BC as a sophomore, which is hopefully exactly what I'll be doing. Note this is RARE. XD

The only difference is... he's Asian and I'm Mexican :X

So yes, by Junior year I'll be taking Calculus III and modern Algebras... if the guys at the uni I'm in for concurrent let me, anyways >__> I'll be pissed if they don't let me.

Years
Sign me up! Even though I detest mathematics. ^_^

Username: Regeneration
Overall Education Level:
10th grade?
Mathematics Education Level:
Everything except calculus Algerba, Trigonometry, Geometry.
Of course!
What did Pi say to i and what did i say back to Pi?:
You're incomplete without me. >D

Years
I'll get around to joining properly at some point, but I just finished enrolling in my undergrad uni course today. Including Mathematics IA and IB.

Cherrim

Years
Actually, in the high school I go to, a lot of people are ahead in their math studies. There are like double the seniors in the Calculus AB classes than in the Pre-Calculus classes. There's ALMOST pure Seniors in the Calculus BC class and the Statistics class. Both classes barely fit the one period XD. And I say almost because I've seen Juniors taking those classes as well. Not only that, I know a Junior who took Calculus BC as a sophomore, which is hopefully exactly what I'll be doing. Note this is RARE. XD

The only difference is... he's Asian and I'm Mexican :X

So yes, by Junior year I'll be taking Calculus III and modern Algebras... if the guys at the uni I'm in for concurrent let me, anyways >__> I'll be pissed if they don't let me.
I think you are a bit of an outlier in that regard. :P Most schools I know of aren't like that at all.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
ALGEBRA IS AWESOME!!!

Sorry to change things...but it isn't strange to find an 8th grader in an Algebra Honors class, right? It's completely normal, right? (note that Algebra and Algebra Honors aren't the same...Algebra Honors is ahead.)

Spinor

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
Sorry to change things...but it isn't strange to find an 8th grader in an Algebra Honors class, right? It's completely normal, right? (note that Algebra and Algebra Honors aren't the same...Algebra Honors is ahead.)

If you went to my high school, you'd fit right in, actually XD I can't exactly speak from other point of views. Although my high school only has Pre-AP and AP programs, not Honors.

If you were Asian, it'd be strange you'd be so behind

Years

Not at all. When I was in 8th grade, I also took algebra honors. Now I'm in 10th and is currently taking Trig.

(I am sorry if I am not allowed to post here)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2017
Username: I like Pokemon (...)
Overall Education Level: I'm in Year 10 in England. I'm 14, going on 15.
Mathematics Education Level: Not much at all. Recently, we learned Sine and Cosine rule. I'm still rather young, so I haven't gotten much education. I'm self teaching (pre) calculus, though.
Do you think you can be asked for help in your level or lower?: Definitely, yes. I'm used to helping students in my class, and lower. Hell, if I know the topic, I might be able to help those higher XD.
What did Pi say to i and what did i say back to Pi?: "Get real", "Be rational".

Oh, I would LOVE to be a full-pledged member.

Oh, and Arc, I feel slightly betrayed T.T

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 2, 2024
If you went to my high school, you'd fit right in, actually XD I can't exactly speak from other point of views. Although my high school only has Pre-AP and AP programs, not Honors.

If you were Asian, it'd be strange you'd be so behind
This would also be normal at my school XD, or maybe even below average since we do have a lot of seventh graders in Geometry :/. I'm planning on taking an Algebra Honors course online for this program this year which will count as a high school credit.(I'm planning on taking Pre-Calculus in ninth grade, maybe with a dash of Calculus). I was planning on taking Algebra and Geometry next year at my school, but then I got into the talent identification program I wanted to and they offered the course, and I'll even get a high school credit for it, so I can take Geometry and Trigonometry next year for eighth grade so I can catch up to where I should be, according to my school :3
Also, here's a history of math anecdote that you won't care about. Did you know that the earliest evidence of written mathematics dates back to the Sumerians, who adopted a basic number system, made multiplication tables, dealt with geometric exercises, and did division problems?

"The tablets also include multiplication tables and methods for solving linear and quadratic equations. The Babylonian tablet YBC 7289 gives an approximation to √2 accurate to five decimal places."(Wikipedia)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Username:
Midnight Bear

Overall Education Level:
Eleventh grade, 4.0.

Mathematics Education Level:
Algebra 2, Geometry, Pre-Calculus

I could, because I'm really good at math, but I wouldn't advise asking me. I make a terrible teacher.

I wish I were a _______ so I could lay tangent to your curves:
Derivative. I'm sad to say that I had no idea (still in Pre-Cal), and just googled it.

Back