• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trainer Classes

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Trainer classes are a way that the games classify various trainers you can encounter, and they can tell a lot about what you can expect both from their team to their personality. For example, you can expect an Aroma Lady to use flowery grass type Pokémon and you can probably assume the NPC would be in her twenties age-wise. A Lass on the other hand is a schoolgirl that will use cutesy Pokémon.

What do you think of the trainer classes? Are there too many? Too few? Are they good for NPC classification or too constricting?
What would your trainer class be?

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
I would use the normal and bad ass PkMn Trainer class! I dont know shy but it makes you feel special!

Trainer classes are...interesting. I guess the Trainers Pokemon depends on the Trainer classes, huh?

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
generally we get the same ones every game with some added ones that fit the region we're in. so really I have no complaints about them. I think the newest addition of fairy girls are here to stay, but i like them a lot. They're just the right amount of creepy

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
I would use the normal and bad ass PkMn Trainer class! I dont know shy but it makes you feel special!

Trainer classes are...interesting. I guess the Trainers Pokemon depends on the Trainer classes, huh?

I agree. The PkMn Trainer class is reserved for the coolest trainers, so I would want to be one too.

I feel like the current trainer classes are nice, but I would like to see some variety. I don't want to just see Youngsters and Bug Catchers at the start of the game, or just Ace Trainers in Victory Road.

Years
I love trainer classes, and how each one changes which Pokemon that trainer tends to specialize in such as some having type specialty, or a certain evolution line. And then there's ones that can use nearly anything, but with smarter tricks up their sleeve.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Trainer classes are cool. I think my favorite would be Cooltrainers. Do they even have those anymore? I know they were prominent in G/S/C. They might go by a different name now. I liked them for their design and use of variety of Pokemon in battle.

They looked like this:

2Q==
hqdefault.jpg

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
Years
Trainer classes are awesome, they help me a lot in battles as it helps me to know about type of Pokemon that trainer use which helps me winning the battle.They are too many and i would be a mixed trainer class because i use Pokemon of every type.

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Trainer classes are cool. I think my favorite would be Cooltrainers. Do they even have those anymore? I know they were prominent in G/S/C. They might go by a different name now. I liked them for their design and use of variety of Pokemon in battle.

They looked like this:

2Q==
hqdefault.jpg

Male_Cooltrainer_Stadium_2.png

Yep, they've still got the Cooltrainer around. It was renamed the "Ace Trainer" in Gen. 4 and have been that way since.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I kind of wish there weren't trainer classes, and there was a larger variety of trainer sprites (maybe alternative clothes-colours or skin/hair etc.). That way the game would be less predictable and the people would just be treated as trainer rather than oddly specific titles, haha.

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
I kind of wish there weren't trainer classes, and there was a larger variety of trainer sprites (maybe alternative clothes-colours or skin/hair etc.). That way the game would be less predictable and the people would just be treated as trainer rather than oddly specific titles, haha.

I've always wanted more variety in the trainers too. Maybe not doing away with the classes so much as having more than a single sprite for each trainer class. Why would the kind of kid that you can find walking a route be wearing the same clothes inside a cave?

Years
Trainer Classes are neat, I like their sprites and personalities and their Pokemon preferences. My favourites are Ranger, Breeder, Ace Trainer and Battle Girl. With a shout out to PokeManiacs and PokeFans!

Frozen Lotus

Shay's Ice Prince
Years
  • Age 35
  • Ohio
  • Seen Nov 17, 2015
I love the variety of trainers there are out there, but I really have no idea what class I'd be. I feel like I'd be more of a general trainer that doesn't fall into any of the specified classes. I love the look of Rangers, but their actual occupation doesn't really work for me.

Can't I just be Glacia or Cheryl? ^-^;

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
I'm fine with Trainer classes, it would be be fun if each types have Trainer Classes! :) My Trainer is a Diver or maybe an Ace Trainer? :P

GengyGengar

Sp00py
Years
I really like Trainer Classes, I think it would be dull if you just fought the same type of NPC over and over. Like Unapologetic Sunflower said, I think it would be cool if we got Trainer Classes for every single type. I remember watching TamashiiHiroka's video about Trainer Classes, and it was quite interesting to hear about their personalities and stuff like that. I think my Trainer Class would be Ace Trainer~

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I don't mind trainer classes, really, as they do give us an idea as to what kind of Pokémon we could expect from the person. One of my personal favorites is Pokémon Ranger.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
I like trainer classes. It would be boring if everyone was just a normal trainer and it wouldn't make sense if everyone you meet outside has the goal of becoming a Pokémon master. Now the trainers can be given Pokémon and quotes that fit to their profession.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Trainer classes are one thing I love about Pokemon. I think they're great and I usually love their sprites. Shoutout to those Kimono Girl, Beauty, and Battle Girl!

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
Trainer classes are cool. I like that you can easily get an idea of the kinds of Pokemon a trainer will from their trainer class. Were I to have a trainer class, I'd definitely be an Ace Trainer ^^;

Years
  • Age 29
  • home
  • Seen Aug 16, 2023
i actually really like Trainer Classes! i think they're a nice addition to the game, and i think it's fun getting to pick one you identify with as your icon in ORAS for example. it may even be better than Trainer Customisation in XY for giving your character a personal touch, because with customisation you still can't change the age appearance of your character, for instance.
as for which trainer class i most identify with... i think i'd be a Lady. because they carry few Pokémon, which are mostly chosen based on their looks. They're usually not particularly strong, and often use OP healing items like Full Restores to save their mons. i'm not proficient at competitive battling much either, and choose my Pokémon for the playthrough primarily based on looks as well, haha. i like to think i'm not a snob or anything, though x:

Back