• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CrystalDust [v3 PUBLIC ALPHA]

blase005

PKMN Yellow Lightning Creator
Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2013
Yeah, I meant that Pokemon running next to May xD Ok.

Ok so far i have made this:

"X" DONE "O" UNDONE

Flygon into Celebi = X
Flying Pokemon into Zubat = X
Torchic into Pichu = X
Running Pokemon into umbreon = X
May into Male Hero = X
Groudon into Entei = X
Kyogre into Raikou = X
Rayquaza into Suicune and Unown = X
Title Screen idea = X

Im done with all the stuff for the intro part! I will send the stuff to you on MSN since its much easier that way.

Last edited:

jj_olli

It's coming...
Years

"X" DONE "O" UNDONE

Flygon into Celebi = X
Torchic into Pichu = X
May into Male Hero = X
Groudon into Entei = X
Kyogre into Raikou = X
Title Screen idea = X

Im done with all the stuff for the intro part! I will send the stuff to you on MSN since its much easier that way.

Mind showing us your work, I'm really interested in seeing your sprites ;)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 3, 2013
This hack is absolutely amazing. I've played up to violet city, and I hope to get to the sudowoodo event. I really want to see what you are going to do with this, and I prefer Gen 3 games to Gen 4 games. Only because I think gen 3 feels more real then gen 4 and their bobble-head looking overworlds, also, I like the idea of putting the map in one image, The downside to only being able to use one world map kinda sucks. Ah well. Great hack! I really can't wait until the next beta comes out!!!

Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2013
Greetings hack experts. I have a suggestion regarding the legendary pokemons. I believe that all legendary pokemon are already coded in the game and instead of overwriting (Entei for Groudon, Raikou for Kyogre, and Suicune for Rayquaza), I think you can just catch them in the wild using gameshark or codebreaker. If I misunderstood this conversation, then by all means correct me. Looking forward to this great hack! Cheers!

jj_olli

It's coming...
Years
Greetings hack experts. I have a suggestion regarding the legendary pokemons. I believe that all legendary pokemon are already coded in the game and instead of overwriting (Entei for Groudon, Raikou for Kyogre, and Suicune for Rayquaza), I think you can just catch them in the wild using gameshark or codebreaker. If I misunderstood this conversation, then by all means correct me. Looking forward to this great hack! Cheers!

You misunderstood our small conversation. The graphics for the intro were the topic of our discussion, because they are not directly linked to the Pokemon data, so those sprites have to be changed, but all data that is directly linked to the Pokemon themselves will remain like in the original Emerald game.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen today
After try it I really feel your hack is amazing, best hack that I have tried. please finish it, and FIGHT! =)

actually I only played RBY and FRLG, its my first time playing GSC. so, I really need best crystal remake one.

Last edited:

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
i think im gonna make the suicune and unown part first so i have that out of the way and then make entei and raikou shadows and then send them to you before i torture myself by doing all the sprites all by myself.

*EDIT*

I sent you the suicune and unown part to you in a PM. Im gonna work on the pokemons that follows you and the trainer on the bike instead before i make entei and raikou. If you want i can make a title screen aswell since i have something in mind but im still thinking on it.
Thanks, will be inserted soon.
For the other 2 Pokemon in the intro you could use Umbreon and Espeon. I think they were some of the more important "normal" GSC Pokémon
Mm-hm.
I found a way to "fix" your world map name problem. I'll send it to you with a PM. However its a cheap edit but it solves your problem with calling it tohjo.

@jj_olli

I can make him a umbreon sprite to replace the pokemon that runs beside May in the beginning i can and make him a pichu running and tripping instead of totodile. Thanks for mentioning umbreon. Im gonna make some custom umbreon sprite and make them fit the replacement of the running pokemon beside may in the intro (what is the name of that pokemon?) however the 2 pokemons that are gonna replace groudon and kyogre will still be entei and raikou since diego wanted them to be there.

Yeah, I meant that Pokemon running next to May xD

"X" DONE "O" UNDONE

Flygon into Celebi = X
Torchic into Pichu = X
May into Male Hero = X
Groudon into Entei = X
Kyogre into Raikou = X
Title Screen idea = X

Mind showing us your work, I'm really interested in seeing your sprites ;)
Nice conversation. This will look awesome!
This hack is absolutely amazing. I've played up to violet city, and I hope to get to the sudowoodo event. I really want to see what you are going to do with this, and I prefer Gen 3 games to Gen 4 games. Only because I think gen 3 feels more real then gen 4 and their bobble-head looking overworlds, also, I like the idea of putting the map in one image, The downside to only being able to use one world map kinda sucks. Ah well. Great hack! I really can't wait until the next beta comes out!!!
Thanks about that!
Soon, there will be multiple world maps to use, just like FireRed!

You misunderstood our small conversation. The graphics for the intro were the topic of our discussion, because they are not directly linked to the Pokemon data, so those sprites have to be changed, but all data that is directly linked to the Pokemon themselves will remain like in the original Emerald game.
Thanks for that.
After try it I really feel your hack is amazing, best hack that I have tried. please finish it, and FIGHT! =)

actually I only played RBY and FRLG, its my first time playing GSC. so, I really need best crystal remake one.
Awesome, thanks.
I'd love to beta test this game some more if you've like.
There hasn't been much of the storyline done so far because of work on Shining Opal, so there's no need... yet.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 29, 2015
Looks fun, you should try to do something other than just a remake...like your own story ;)

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
WOW !! This is awesome. Nice idea, the onlything that anoys me is the name on the world map, I don't know if you made it up, or if its the common name for the mix of the two regions, but its not catchy !! nice work, i give all my support !!

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Looks fun, you should try to do something other than just a remake...like your own story ;)

He already has another hack with its own story. This is more or a less just aq side project.
Thanks for the reply. Although, neither of them are side projects. They are both main projects in my eyes.
WOW !! This is awesome. Nice idea, the onlything that anoys me is the name on the world map, I don't know if you made it up, or if its the common name for the mix of the two regions, but its not catchy !! nice work, i give all my support !!
Well, you and everybody else will be glad to hear that... IT'S BEEN CHANGED!
I completely hacked the world maps to load new maps and text on the entering of a new region, so no more Tohjo!

Last edited:

zephern

Finishing up school, hacking
Years
If this has less glitches and crashes than Liquid Crystal, I'm definitely in for a Nuzlocke of the final beta. Good luck with this project, there are many hills to overcome when it comes to Emerald hacks. :D

Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2013
I finished my soul silver rom. Because i wanted to play silver in colour and have a pokemon follow me. Now i'd like to play this to to see if it compares to the actual game. Looks good though, i am not to fond of emerald though.

Meta Paradox

Researching FireRed...
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2011
I love this hack! You might wanna fix up the PokéDex, though. And no offense, but I like this better than your other hack, Shining Opal.

SK3

Pokemon Hacking Company™ CEO
Years
A bug I have encountered while playing..
My Totodile is level 17 and still hasn't evolved. I didn't even stop the evolution, it's just that the evolution hasn't even come yet.

Pingouin_7

My Totodile is level 17 and still hasn't evolved. I didn't even stop the evolution, it's just that the evolution hasn't even come yet.

These evolve at Lv. 18.
(25charlimit)

Dr. James

Experimenting
Years
Hey, this is a great hack. I'll check from time to time if you've published a new beta.

I found a glitch. When the "DUDE" teaches me how to catch Pokemon, instead of catching it, he made it faint. He still talked to me later as if he caught it.

Back