• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Helio Version

Which starter would you pick?

• Chamelica - Grass Starter

Votes: 110 26.6%
  • Kittorch - Fire Starter

Votes: 197 47.7%
  • Pireel - Water Starter

Votes: 106 25.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Starrcasm

Game Director, Pokémon Ethereal Gates
Years
Sorry for my absence everyone...got LOADS of schoolwork to do, plus the demo XD

So we're looking for a demo release mid-December if possible. If not, we may have to push it back to New Year's [no later because I'd definitely be able to finish it over the holiday break].

Anyway, I noticed that Marrosaur, Coblaze and Visceel were already released so I decided to put them into our silhouette dex. :D

official_helio_version_pokedex_by_helio_version-d30raqc.png

EDIT: Starting tomorrow, every week we will be releasing one or two pokemon to the public, which should work.

:D

Last edited:

aquakip

Art Director, Pokemon Ethereal Gates
Years
Another sprite update! This is going to be the first of a weekly routine. Every Monday we will show you a different sprite, always keeping the final form a secret, just for the sake of surprises.

iaza14022639610200.gif

Psykoon
The Foresight Pokemon
Type: Psychic
Ability: Early Bird, Synchronize

Psykoon are calm, timid Pokemon that are known for their rare jewel atop their forehead; it is rumored to give the wearer magnificent powers.

Psykoon>>lv. 25>> (mwahahahahaha!)

Comment!

~Wind~

Detective
Years
Heya!
remember me?
Anyways, I see you got the game looking good!
I remember the pkainning stages, and then it was gonna be a hack, but now it's a super awesome game!
Sorry I can't help,I'd really like to, but I cant use RMXP, and i think you have to pay for it, right?
Anyways, just a few parting notes, I see you changed the water starter again, but kept the tadpole guy as another pokemon.
And, finnally,
Good Luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PS. It's blitz if you dont remember.

Rai Rai

Master of everything!
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2012
Why wouldn't you be able to? Its a pokemon game, with pokemon, do the math.

With the whole getting pokemon through events or trading with in game events and importing the pokemon :P.

BadSamaritan

Gone Fishin'
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2023
With the whole getting pokemon through events or trading with in game events and importing the pokemon :P.

First off, regardless of what I'm going to say after I finish saying this, there has never once been a pokemon game where a pokemon has been unobtainable. Whether you get them through events or not isn't the point, its whether you simply can get them or not, which is what the saying "catch them all" really alludes to.

Anyways, the reason events work in real life, is because pokemon has such a big fandom. If there weren't that many fans, nobody would care if there's a "special pokemon" for people to get.

And if its through an in-game trade, well, it should really matter. Someone went through the work of catching it.

Add to that, if there is only one version of the game, there shouldn't be any missing pokemon from it.

BadSamaritan

Gone Fishin'
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2023
And starters, too. It's a legit question and you don't have to be rude.

However I was being rude, is beyond me. If you want me to be rude, then I'll rephrase the reason of my response as stupid question = stupid answer.

And by that I mean, all it takes is a little logic to realize you aren't going to be catching starters unless there is no trade, and you'll be able to get all the legendaries in the only game their even in.

aquakip

Years
So...yeah. Anyway. More pokemon!

iaza19333798061100.gif

Plonion
The Onion Pokemon
Type: Grass
Ability: Chlorophyll

Plonion are common Pokemon on farms and rice fields. They aid in the growth of crops, speeding up the process when near. Often, they burrow in the ground to help spread nutrients.

Plonion>>lv. 20>>(haha)>>sun stone>>(haha)

Sorry for missing the post on monday. I have tons of schoolwork and just now got a chance to post.

dizzycontrol

also known as...kiddrip
Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2010
hey aqua...

look...im really impressed with the game helio...i mean WOW...especially with the pokemon...i hope u put a bear like pokemon in there....

aquakip

Years
I was supposed to post one over the holidays, but I forgot. Here it is:

iaza19333764499400.gif

Chikairo
--Etymology-- Playoff of the word Chicken
Gobble Pokemon
Type: Normal/Flying
Ability: Early Bird, Hustle

Chikairo are very rude Pokemon who tend to leave little 'presents' when upset. So don't upset a Chikairo.

Chikairo>>lv. 25>>??? (Guess)

iaza19333753815100.gif

Apalit
--Etymology-- Concoction of the words Apparation, like a ghost or spirit, and Lit, as in a lit candle.
Wax Pokemon
Type: Ghost/Fire
Ability: Synchronize, Flame Body

These Pokemon are often seen floating around homes at night, whether an abandon home or presently occupied home.

Apalit>>lv. 20>>???(haha)>>lv. 42>>???(weeeeeee)

So, I hope you enjoyed the sprite update!

----
!!BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!!
THE DEMO IS COMING OUT! THE DEMO IS COMING OUT! YAY!

Yes, that is right, the demo of Pokemon Helio Version is coming out NEXT WEEK. NEXT WEEK. You read right. NEXT WEEK. Now, the graphics have been changed recently, you might have seen some of the beta graphics on my DeviantArt account for some places later in the game.

They are not in the demo.

The demo features the following:

-The old HGSS-esque graphics
-title screen
-3 battle backgrounds
-introduction to the evil team
-22 Pokemon of Emort
-Gym 1 battle
-5 important encounters
-leaving the starting island
-in-game trade

We haven't polished anything down completely, though. I'm sorry. I really am, but we are getting you the demo NEXT WEEK, whether it's perfect or not.

Think of it more as a...public beta. :)

I hope you enjoy it. PLEASE COMMENT. We NEED feedback on things. We can't make a good game without knowing what you'd like to see, or what you like in a good game. So, PLEASE COMMENT.

~AQUA

Birdybot

-insert witty phrase here-
Years
Oh wow! That's great news, even if it is only up to the first gym! I am very much looking forward to that and my requests are; perhaps a few route/town maps afterwards; even if they haven't got their events yet, it'd be good to explore them, catch and train a few more Pokémon and generally get a taste of what to come; also, be sure to relax when you're done ^_^

Dorandragon

The Pixel Master
Years
I'm glad you released that sheet of pokemon. I'm looking at your style, I wish to adopt it into my style. I can see how you make your sprites...very clean, not very many colors really, and all of them very vibrant, even the dark colors. I promise I would never use your sprites, but I did save that sprite sheet. I hope I can become as good a spriter as you now! ^_^

aquakip

Years
BIG AND BAD/GOOD NEWS
(all depends on how you take it, i guess. could be good, could be bad)

!!PUSHING THE DEMO RELEASE DATE TO JANUARY 1st, 2011!!
(READ BOLD AND RED WORDS FOR QUICK READ)

We are pushing the date to January 1st of next year for a number of reasons. They are the following:

+ We don't feel very good about what we are giving you. We want the demo to make people say "Wow, I want to play this game when its complete!" not "Cool, it was aight."

+ We are updating the graphics. I talked recently about how the graphics weren't synced up with what we actually have. So instead of releasing the game without the latest graphics, we will be releasing it with our latest graphics.

+ We still have a lot to test out. We haven't had ample amount of time recently to do so, so with Winter Break coming up in the US, we will have a lot of time to be able to sit down with the game and see what needs tweaking to be amazing.

+ What better way to start off the new year, than with a demo release!?

So those are our four main reasons. There are a few others that really are very trivial and aren't very important to post.

I hope everyone isn't sad or discouraged that Pokemon Helio Version isn't coming out on the scheduled date of December 8th, 2010 and is instead coming out on January 1st, 2011.

---

Please respond accordingly.

~AQUA

Last edited:
Years
As much as I was anticipating this game, I'm totally fine, it's your game, and you guys have the right to make the decisions.
Teams should not feel pressured to release betas just because members demand them, good luck and I'm sure it will turn out great.

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
Years
BIG AND BAD/GOOD NEWS
(all depends on how you take it, i guess. could be good, could be bad)

!!PUSHING THE DEMO RELEASE DATE TO JANUARY 1st, 2010!!
(READ BOLD AND RED WORDS FOR QUICK READ)

We are pushing the date to January 1st of next year for a number of reasons. They are the following:

+ We don't feel very good about what we are giving you. We want the demo to make people say "Wow, I want to play this game when its complete!" not "Cool, it was aight."

+ We are updating the graphics. I talked recently about how the graphics weren't synced up with what we actually have. So instead of releasing the game without the latest graphics, we will be releasing it with our latest graphics.

+ We still have a lot to test out. We haven't had ample amount of time recently to do so, so with Winter Break coming up in the US, we will have a lot of time to be able to sit down with the game and see what needs tweaking to be amazing.

+ What better way to start off the new year, than with a demo release!?

So those are our four main reasons. There are a few others that really are very trivial and aren't very important to post.

I hope everyone isn't sad or discouraged that Pokemon Helio Version isn't coming out on the scheduled date of December 8th, 2010 and is instead coming out on January 1st, 2011.

---

Please respond accordingly.

~AQUA

Sadness. :cer_frown:

It'll be worth it though for the new graphics. Maybe some screenshots of these would be nice, as well as some scripts etc.

Btw, slight typo; I've highlighted it in green.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back