• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Also, adding on to what PlatinumDude said, it only works for Pokemon that can still evolve.

It won't work for fully-evolved Pokemon.

Lickitricky

Avast, ye scurvy dogs!
Years
If I breed a Female Durant with 31 Attack IV's holding a Power Bracer with a Male Durant with 31 IV's holding an Everstone, what are the chances that the offspring will have both 31 Attack and Speed IV's?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
If I breed a Female Durant with 31 Attack IV's holding a Power Bracer with a Male Durant with 31 IV's holding an Everstone, what are the chances that the offspring will have both 31 Attack and Speed IV's?

The Attack IV and nature being passed down is guaranteed. I'm not sure of the exact odds of the Speed IV (if that's what you're talking about), but it has a chance of being passed down.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Joking aside. I only have 1 maybe 2 iv 30s or better and the rest vary below 25. Is it still possible?
I'm going to venture a no. The Wifi (or competitions at least) caps at 50 if I recall and doesn't move yours up to 50. However, even if it does, you're missing all of your high-level moves so the weaker moves don't have a chance.

Cyclone

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
I'm going to venture a no. The Wifi (or competitions at least) caps at 50 if I recall and doesn't move yours up to 50. However, even if it does, you're missing all of your high-level moves so the weaker moves don't have a chance.

Cyclone

My levels are 50 at least I know that. I am talking about IVs. I use the strongest common sense able moves per the pokemon. Lot of the moves I use are tm moves

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
My levels are 50 at least I know that. I am talking about IVs. I use the strongest common sense able moves per the pokemon. Lot of the moves I use are tm moves

With competitive Wi-Fi battling, near-flawless or flawless is key. Also mostly using TM moves necessarily the best. Try breeding in Egg moves too.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
If I'm figuring this correctly - about 9.5% (9 out of 85, specifically).
The Attack IVs are guaranteed, because of the Power Bracer. The Everstone guarantees the nature from the male Durant, but that leaves the IVs up for grabs. The offspring will get two of the remaining five EVs from one, the other or both of the parents. Out of a pool of five stats and two sources, that's 10 total stats, from which 2 will be chosen. That's 90 possible permutations (according to this), of which 5 duplicate the same stat from each parent (Speed from both the father and mother, for instance), which is impossible. So eliminate those 5 and there are 85 possible permutations, of which there are 9 each with a given stat in a particular position - Speed from the father, for instance. So - a 9 out of 85 chance that it'll get the Speed from the father.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back