• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[T] A Rocket's Diary [IC]

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years

S C Y K E

"Murkrow, let's start off with your strongest move; Return!"

Jolted by the sudden voice, the Wynaut jumped up and turned around, showing it's emote-fixed face. It's tail stunned in a stance, as if to show that it was in shock. Before it could react or even make a sound however, Murkrow swooped in and bashed into the baby Pokemon, making it bounce backwards. Wynaut took the hit well however, and stood up with the same smile in it's face; this time however it's tail starting slamming into the ground. It didn't like the sudden challenge, but was well up for it. "It's wild alright; there seems to be no trainer rushing in to look for it.." Wynaut started to gather its arms and it's face suddenly was making a pleading face, a face that looked like as if it was helpless and weak. Scyke scratched his head in confusion. What on earth was it doing? Attract?

Murkrow fell for the move Charm and suddenly was sorry for the Wynaut; he didn't want it to get as hurt anymore by his attacks. He thought about it; it was only a baby Pokemon, how durable could it be?

Unaware of the fact that Murkrow's attack had been harshly lowered, Scyke ignored Wynaut's move and ordered Murkrow, "Now use Wing Attack! We don't want this Wanut to faint, of course!" Murkrow jumped in to the ground and clashed it's wings towards the Wynaut, but the attack wasn't done at it's full potential; it was clear that Murkrow had held back it's attack. Scyke got even more confused. "Murkrow, what are you doing?! He didn't seem infatuated at all... that means the that Wanut must have used... Charm! That's it!" Sckye looked up at his Murkrow and confirmed his hunch. He clearly had a concern look at it's face; Charm had worked very well. The wild Wynaut withstanded the attack and jumped up towards Murkrow. "That move... it must be Counter! Murkrow, watch out!"

Murkrow watched Wynaut until it had reached it's level somehow, but before it could dodge anything the balloon-shaped Pokemon slammed it's tail into Murkrow, making the bird slam down towards the ground. "Counter's attack doubles in power if the user was hit by a physical attack... Murkrow wouldn't be affected as much if it also wasn't a part Dark type." Murkrow raised itself up and rose back up in the air, shocked by getting hit by a Pokemon that seemed harmless just a minute ago. "Impressive. It sure has the same qualities as a Wobuffett; great at countering and taking attacks. Ok, let's try this then - Murkrow, Double Team!"

Murkrow nodded at his trainer and swiftly moved around the wild Wynaut. The sudden and rapid movement created illusory copies of Murkrow which surrounded Wynaut, who was confused at which was the real Murkrow. Unsure on what to do since it wasn't getting hit, the cyan Pokemon's feet started glowing and it started bouncing where it was standing. "It's using Splash? We'll need to get rid of that when we catch you; no one will be impressed with a move that does nothing at all. Now, Murkrow! Return!" Suddenly the illusions rushed in on the Wynaut, but then at the moment of contact all the Murkrows but one vanished, and the Wynaut again crashed backwards, except this time it wasn't hurt as much as the first Return. "Argh... Murkrow must be still affected by that Charm. And if that Wunat or whatever it's name is is like Wobuffett, then it must be extremely durable. Murkrow, keep using Double Team and charge in with Return whenever I say so!"

As time passed, Scyke and Murkrow continued to use the same attack, until Murkrow's evasiveness had reached it's maximum level. Wynaut couldn't get a hit in at all after many attempts with Counter, and it was getting weaker and weaker. After another hit with Return, Scyke called out, "Stop! It's had enough." Murkrow obeyed his trainer and flew back into the air unscathed. Except for the one Counter it hadn't been touched at all by the wild Wynaut. "I think we have done enough damage at it. Now all there's left to do is this-" As Scyke spoke, he took out a Pokeball from his pocket, enlarged it and threw the red-and-white ball towards the Wynaut. A brilliant red light sucked in the Pokemon and the Pokeball closed up and started shaking vigorously on the ground. Scyke stood there in tension; surely he had done enough to capture it? After a minute, the Pokeball stopped jerking and made a ding! sound. Wynaut had been caught.

"Task completed."

Scyke went over to the Pokeball and picked it up, fairly happy with himself. "It's strange that a Wunat is even near Goldenrod City, and it couldn't had been anyone else's Pokemon since I was able to catch it. I'm sure none of the other E8 members can catch such a rare Pokemon." Murkrow flew down and clamped his claws softly onto Scyke's left shoulder. Scyke raised his hand and ruffled the bird's fur. "Great work out there; that Double Team/Return combo was very effective. We should use it again when we need to!" Murkrow chirped out in agreement, before getting recalled back to his Pokeball by Scyke. "Now you need a good rest; that battle lasted longer than I expected. Time to head back to the cafeteria."

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
Years
Steven yelled, "Sonara, Metal Claw!" Sonara jumped into the air, slicing near the Riolu's feet, but only allowing the Riolu to Quick-Attack-punch her down. "Attract!" Sonara growled, and used attract. Riolu hadn't seen her before and wasn't prepared. However, it turns out Riolu was a girl... So Riolu stared at her strangely and paused. "Combo Agility and Metal Claw!" Sonara jumped into the air, and smaked Riolu with a Metal Claw. Roilu fell to Earth.

Riolu countered, and Sonara dodged. They stared a dance of dodging each other's Metal Claws. Riolu levitated, and Quick Attacked into Sonara's face. Sonara fell back. "Sonara, Attract!" Steven knew that as both females, even though Attract wasn't effective between them, it still lowered attack. Riolu stopped again, and made a face.

Icy wind would barely do any damage, but it might freeze the Riolu. "Okay Sonara. Icy Wind!" Sonara stared a him. Instead of Icy Wind, she slashed the Riolu across the face with a Metal Claw. "What?" Steven cried out angrily. Sonara shivered, and blew a weak Icy Wind in Riolu's direction, that didn't do anything. That shook Riolu out of it, and Steven stood there dumbfounded. Sonara jumped into the air to bring down a Metal Claw, and the Riolu met her with Counter. Both Metal Claws hit their marks. Both Pokemon fell to the ground. Unmoving. Both were knocked out.

Steven sent out a Pokeball, and easily caught Riolu. He silently returned Sonara, and walked back towards the base. When back inside, Steven stared down the hallway. A person he recognized, Johannes, walked by. Steven remember Johannes was good "friends" with Jasper. Or as close as you could get to a friend in Team Rocket. Johannes looked shaken up. This would be the perfect time to get some answers from him. "Johannes." Steven walked up to him. Johannes kept walking and ignored him. "What does Jasper have to do with this? Did he do it?" He didn't expect any answers. He expected Johannes to tell Jasper about what he was about to saw. If he was right, Jasper would show himself. If not, he had calculated what would happen. Nothing could go wrong. Then he remembered that The Warden was watching. So what? "I know Jasper did it." Johannes stopped, and stood still until Steven started moving. Steven walked onwards, into the cafeteria.

He noticed Scyke was already in there. Good he wouldn't have to do deal with that crazy Karma lady. He would heal his Pokemon after everyone arrived in here and The Warden spoke. Now was a good time to collect his thoughts. All Steven needed was an electric type, and an evolved Lucario. He didn't have the time to name his newly caught Riolu. Although Riolu evolved of happiness... Nah. He had better things to worry about now. He couldn't wait till Jasper got back. He just hoped that Johannes got the word to him. He also hoped The Warden didn't take Jasper in for questioning first. He needed answers. Fast.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Parvati

"Kiri use Sweet Kiss!" Parvati ordered as Kiri straightened herself out. The Roselia was glaring at and pointed her flowered hands at the electric type and the flowers glowed and a green beam slammed into the wild Pokemon draining energy from it and giving it to Kiri. "Kiri, I said use Sweet Kiss not Mega Drain" Parvati snapped crossing her arms. "you need to listen to me" she added as the Elecktrike got it's bearing back and turned to Kiri.

With an angry bark the electric canine ran at Kiri and bit her leg using Ice Fang and almost freezing Kiri in the process. "Use Swift Kiri!" Parvati ordered and the small Roselia nodded and sent another barrage of stars at the Elecktrike sending it back into a tree as well as confusing it. Pulling out a Pokeball Parvati threw it at the Elecktrike, it shook three times before it clicked. "Finally" she muttered looking at Kiri coldly. "Next time do as I say" she said before returning her Pokemon and picking up the Pokeball that held her new Pokemon. "Ajay, that's your name" she muttered before turning and walking back into Goldenrod city. Luckily it wasn't as crowded because Parvati was in no mood to shove through people.

"Parvati!" a male voice called out to her making her turn around to see a tall black haired man walking up to her. "Your out of lockdown?"

"No Dennis, the Warden, has tasks for us. I don't have time to talk" she said turning away from the man that introduced her to Team Rocket.

"Just...be careful!" Dennis called towards her retreating form though she didn't acknowledge his words. Of course she was going to be careful. She wasn't stupid. Getting back into the base she saw that Steven and Scyke were already there and hadn't noticed her. "Hello Boys, back already?" she said coldly hoping to startle the two boys.

ArceusGPG

The Obscure
Years
  • Seen May 25, 2013
"Hello Mister Gordito!" a small child called from his tricycle.

Ernest waved, glad to see the little munchkin still remembered him. It had been a few weeks since his last greeting, and he had gotten worried that the kid outgrew being friendly.

Ernest was a familiar presence in the town, since he often took regular jaunts to the local restaurant- Bojanglies. Ernest was possibly the only Team Rocket member that could walk the streets without unfriendly glares. Those that knew him, though disapproving of his actions, enjoyed his presence, however fleeting it was. He was a permanent and moving part of the landscape, since he had very little enmity with any of the residents.

He was tempted to stop at Bojanglies or one of the many shops selling donuts that were scattered around town. There was just one thing stopping him- the fact that the Warden would think he's the murderer if he didn't do what he said. He was probably being watched right now, both by Team Rocket and the other E8 members. If he were to goof off, they would know about it.

Barely had this thought crossed his mind when he noticed a certain blue-haired character heading to Route 34- it was Scyke. Perfect. The guy looked like he knew what he was doing, and best of all knew where he was going. Those were two things that Ernest's brain seemed to be missing at the moment. If he followed him, maybe he could discover how to battle and capture Pokémon.

Ernest knew he needed a clever disguise in order to pull it off. He jumped into the nearest store, grabbing five Poké Balls and ripping a fake beard off the shelf. Then he ran off without another word, knowing that no one would dare stop a Team Rocket member.

He ducked into a nearby bush and took off his Rocket uniform. Then he strapped his new beard to his face, giggling to himself at how clever he was. After all was said and done, he was wearing black sweatpants with red suspenders that traveled up and around his squishy body. He had a bushy, white beard and black tennis shoes with a small R sewn on it. He didn't have a shirt on, but as long as he was in Team Rocket, he didn't even need shoes and he'd still get service.

Before running after Mister Murkrow, he reached into his uniform and pulled out his pocketknife. He stuffed it into his hungry belly-button and then began his waddle toward Route 34. He never felt comfortable without at least one knife with him at all times- a remnant habit from his years as a potato-peeler in the kitchen.

Yuppers, the guy seemed in a big hurry for some reason. Maybe he wanted to capture a Pokémon first so he could ally with the evil lady. It was always good to have an evil person on your side- they would never, ever betray their friends, right? Maybe he might wait until Scyke returned before going back. Ernest had no intention of being associated with Miss Wicked Wiles.

He left town with a caravan of people behind him cheering for him. They shouted encouragement like "put a shirt on" and "gross", no doubt poking fun at the fact that Pokémon never wore shirts. As he took his last, tired steps out of the city boundaries, he waved them all a thankful goodbye. Blue Boy was nowhere to be found, so he skipped merrily into the grass, searching for a new Pokémon to catch.

It only took a few seconds before... he got bored. Noticing that there was a Pokémon Day Care just a little distance away, he walked inside.

The old lady greeted him at the door. "Welcome to the Pokémon- HOLY CELEBI PUT A SHIRT ON!"

Ernest chuckled, dismissing the idea with a wave of his hand. "Oh, you silly old person. You're just like all the people in town- silly as a Slowpoke. I'm here on official business, so I don't have too much time to talk."

"Thank goodness for that."

"I need to steal one of the Pokémon you have in storage."

"Excuse me?" she asked in utter disbelief.

"I'm going to go in the back and just capture one of the Pokémon I see there. Please don't stop me because then I'll have to sic my candle on you."

"Your candle? Uh... you know what, I think it's time to you leave. Now."

The Daycare Lady grabbed the nearby broom and began to wave it threateningly, hoping cheap straw attached to a stick would scare a man twice her size. She jabbed at his engorged stomach to push him back. He didn't move.

"I guess my Litwick's gonna get ya. You better run, lady."

He grabbed the solitary ball hanging on his belt and smashed it on the ground, releasing the candle Pokémon. She opened her bright yellow eye and looked at Ernest expectantly, waiting for an order.

"Hey Litwick! Go kick her butt while I find you a nice friend to play with."

The Daycare Lady stepped back, brandishing her broom in horror. Ernest giggled as he passed by her without any trouble. She was too busy fending for her life to worry about some little Pokémon being kidnapped.

He whipped open the door to the Pokémon playground. Dozens of little eyes turned to look at the sudden intruder. The happy little critters stopped playing to stare up in fear at the large man who was invading their home.

"Hey, ya little rascals! C'mere and give your uncle Juanito a hug!"

All of the Pokémon ran as far as the could from the towering figure- all except one. It was a curious little Ralts that peered up at the human with child-like trust. Brashly underestimating Ernest's capabilities, he began walking toward him.

Ernest opened up a ball he had "bought" at the store and threw it at the creature. In a beam of light, the Pokémon was sucked into the capsule as the ball began shaking.

One... two... three...

Surprisingly, Ralts was caught without any problem. Maybe he wanted to be with the new trainer, or maybe he was too weak to resist capture. Either way, the Pokémon was caught in a new ball, and he had technically completed his mission.

"Alright!" he shouted, giving a fist pump in the air. "I caught a Ralts!"

He grabbed the ball and ran into the Daycare.

"Okay! I got what I wanted, so I'm leaving now!"

Ernest stopped. The Daycare Lady was nowhere to be found. All that remained was a less-than-innocent-looking candle staring at Ernest with a chilling grin. What she could have done in only a few second was beyond him, so he decided not to think about it. What his Pokémon did was up to her, as long as it didn't mar his record too much. He still needed to stay as an E8 member to keep his tiny paycheck. Oh, and he still wanted to get promoted to whatever everyone else wanted- whatever that position was called.

He never noticed the half-singed remains of a sweeping broom lying behind the desk. His nose was too clogged up to smell the horrid smell. He never even looked up to see the thick plume of smoke above his head. Even if he had, he might not have understood its significance.

He put Litwick back in her Poké Ball and began running back to base. He was already tired of the job, and was beginning to hate Pokémon too. They seemed to cause nothing but trouble.

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
Years
Steven looked up at Parvati. She had had a Roselia earlier. "Hello Boys, back already?" She said. He didn't like the tone in her voice. He realized he hadn't seen one person. Jenna Williams. Where could she be off to? He looked at Parvati with a steely look and said, "Does it matter?" He thought, maybe I shouldn't be doing this. Parvati is not someone to mess with. Her Roselia would be beaten easily, although Sonara didn't appear to like to use Icy Wind. That was a major complication.

Steven rose before Parvati could respond, and strode out of the room, towards the healing room. He looked through the drawers of the room, and grabbed three Revives. One more than he needed. He also grabbed 3 Hyper Potions, and in the palm of his hand he got a Max Revive, hiding it from the camera. There was no way The Warden saw that. He let out his Riolu and Sonara. He used a Revive on each of the Pokemon keeping the Max Revive behind his back. He slipped it in his pocket. Riolu stared up at him strangely. "Kimbou. Your name is Kimbou." Steven returned Kimbou, not caring whether she liked the name or not. Steven also returned Sonara who looked shameful from the battle.

He returned to the cafeteria and sat down again. He was glad he went to the healing center. One never knew what The Warden would throw at you next.

Last edited:

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
[ Jasper ]

Jasper pressed the button of Purrloin's Pokéball to let it out. The purple cat stretched lazily and sat down, looking at her new trainer with scrutiny with her bright green eyes. "Purrloin," Jasper began. "I'm your new trainer. While I'm prepared to be bros, you're going to have to follow my orders, is that understood?" The cat kept staring at him, testing his resolve. Jasper stared back. Just when his eyes started the burn from non-blinkage the Purrloin relented and gave him a slow blink. "Good. Your name from now on will be Makin. Today will be your first test. Step one, find a wild Pokémon."

Makin looked around, her senses sharp. This is going to be easy, Jasper thought. I'll just make it do all the work and be back in no time.

Makin seemed to have sensed something. She flattened her body to the ground, senses sharp, tail flicking back and forth. Stalking something Jasper could not see. As she got close to a bush she went completely still, waiting for the right time. With one powerful jump she was through the bush, the last Jasper saw of her was with sharp claws extended. A cry follow and Jasper hurried to look at the other side of the bush to what was going on. There Making was rolling over the ground with a blur of blue, claws raking at anything she could get purchase of.

A Mudkip.

Jasper groaned. "I so do not liek Mudkips."

A stream of water came from the Mudkip's mouth and hit Makin square in the face, throwing her off. She would not be deterred however, her eyes were sharp and malicious. She took the same stalking position, her tail once again swishing back and forth. She stayed at a distance, taunting and mean. Then, as if a by the flick of a switch, she sat down. She hung her head low to the ground and meowed pathetically, ears flat on her head.

The Mudkip seemed to take pity on her. It approached her slowly, a question in its eyes. With his defenses down Makin took her chance. The dangerous look crawled back on her face and she leapt at her foe once more, this time her claws were sheathed with a dark energy. She got two slashes in before the Mudkip got over the shock and threw a ball of ice right in her face. She hissed loudly and retreated.

Making composed herself and tried the same technique, looking ever so pitiful. A deep growl came from the water Pokémon's throat, it wasn't going to fall for the same trick. With one move it turned around and used its hind legs to unleash a spray of mud at the Purrloin. Making jumped out of the way with another angry hiss. She was not very keen on getting dirty at all.

Meanwhile Jasper watched bemused. He was quite pleased at not having to do anything. Makin proved to be a clever battler, and this as enough against a wild Pokémon. He liked his partners clever enough to think for themselves. (And he greatly disliked battling, it was nice for him not to have butt in himself) He did make a note of the moves of both Pokémon though, as much as he could. There would be times when he would need to think for his Pokémon, it was good to know what they were capable of.

A cross expression came over Makin. She had enough of this sh*t, she was really far too good to be tossing about with a Mudkip. She pounced at the foe again, this time pinning it beneath her. Her eyes flashed purple and she bit the Mudkip in the neck, a foul purple liquid bubbling from her fangs. She jumped off of the Pokémon but the Mudkip didn't get up. Shudders were gathering around the skin of the bite and it looked quite sick.

"That's enough Makin," Jasper ordered and Makin obediently stepped back and sat down, observing her handy work. Jasper threw a Pokéball at the Mudkip –it didn't take long for it to stop rolling.

Jasper knelt before Makin and rubbed her head. "You exceeded my expectations, little bro," he said. He summoned her back into her ball and made his way back to HQ.

Last edited:

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
Years
Steven looked around at the group of people. He laughed, "Funny. The last person to get here will be Karma. And she wanted to ally with the 'first person back beside herself'!" He wondered what Pokemon everyone else had. He hoped nothing super effective on ice-dark or fighting-steel. That was once he got his Lucario. He mused, which of these people had done it? He didn't suspect Jenna Williams, she probably found out, and "went missing". He didn't suspect Ernest, he could never pull anything like that off. Karma, she was insane, and she was smart. She could probably do it. Then what about Jasper? Well, he would find out soon enough. Then there was Parvati, the girl was the Roserade. He hated her, and liked her. So cold, although everyone really was here, but she took the definition of cold to a new level, he liked that. But how could someone so cold hav a grass Pokemon? It didn't make sense. He didn't know if she could do something like that though. Sckye worried him. He was young, easy enough to get into that position, but smart. Steven was young also, and smart. His biggest competition. Not like he was trying to make it to the top though. He was trying to destroy the top, and all of Team Rocket.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024

K A R M A... Soon capturing pokémon in Goldenrod xD

Karma couldn't know if her plan had worked or if the others were just impatient or hasty by their own accord, but all of the other E8 did run off to find a pokémon relatively quickly, letting her watch their initial moves before making her own.

She had spotted some of them from the rooftop, such as Steven who let out his own pokémon with every lack of subtlety as soon as he could and let her run off to find something for him. Not a great leader there, was her opinion. Parvati, the cold cutie, had moved briskly through the crowds of Goldenrod in the morning, causing not a few angry glances as she pushed her way forward. She seemed smart, but maybe she was too focused on goals and could forget to think of the small things? Everything was important, after all!

Ernest had made her raise an interested eyebrow and smile a little. It seemed like he just moved carelessly through the city, greeting people to the right and left. He was clumsy and dumb in Karma's eyes, but maybe there was some brilliance underneath that? Some sort of everyday intelligence that the more cunning members of the E8 clearly lacked.

She had not spotted Scyke, the young battler. He seemed to have left the Goldenrod base with silent determination. A decent boy, that, perhaps! She also didn't see much of Jasper. Perhaps he had not left the base until after Karma went away from her rooftop lookout. Pity, she would have loved to sabotage for him a bit, in retort to his pathetic pun earlier. Even though it was rather funny.

((I'll expand this post later with a capture, or make another post if someone in the cafeteria posts before that. Sorry, but it's tedious to make long posts during this week))

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years

S C Y K E

Scyke arrived back into Team Rocket HQ and made his way to the cafeteria. As soon as he walked in, he realised that he was the first one to arrive back. Huh. Had he been too hasty? After all, the task took him only around twenty minutes. He wondered about what Pokemon the other members could have caught. Whatever they had caught however couldn't had been as rare as his "Wanut". It annoyed Scyke that he still didn't know the Pokemon's proper name, then he realised something. "Maybe... maybe I should give you a nickname. That way that problem won't be persistant when I call you out, and I can just call you by your nickname when I talk with other people." Scyke thought hard about a proper nickname for the Wynaut. He probably did want to evolve it to Wobuffett as soon as possible, and so he tried to twist what he knew of the Pokemon's name with its evolution's name. "How about... Wafett?" He called the Wynaut out so that he could tell the baby Pokemon what it would be called from now on.

"Your name, from here and on, will be Wafett. How does that sound?" The Wynaut stared blankly at it's trained with its fixed face, but it's tail seem to be calm and relaxed. Wynaut gave a little cry and that seemed enough for Scyke. "Ok Wafett, welcome to the team! Me, you and Murkrow will be great partners." Before he could say anything else however, he heard footsteps creeping closer towards the cafeteria. Someone else must have been returning from finishing the task themselves. Scyke quickly called back Wafett to it's Pokeball and sat down in the nearby bench. It was Steven who had finished second. He didn't seem to want to talk to Scyke. Fair enough; Scyke wasn't looking for conversation anyway. He wanted some alone time to train up Wafett as it seemed that it wasn't at a good level, at least not as good as Murkrow's.

As Scyke drifted off into some kind of day dream, a feminine voice filled the room. The sudden noise and the cold nature of the speech startled Scyke and he almost jumped. He looked down from where he was staring; it was Parvati, the strangest member of the E8 as far as Scyke was concerned. He had heard something about her having some kind of abusive past, but he couldn't confirm if that was true or not. One thing that Scyke disliked about her was her expressionless face; ever since his been in the E8 and the other members Parvati had been the one who always seem to have some kind of... of a 'mask' on. Like as if she felt no happiness or sadness at all. Scyke waved away the thought. He was thinking too hard. He didn't properly hear what Parvati had said but ignored her anyway and went back to his day dreaming. Silence is golden, after all. He noticed that Steven spoke a few words back and had gone to some other room. The atmosphere between the six remaining members seemed a little icy at the moment; or was it just harmless banter between all of them? Scyke hadn't been in enough social conversations to work that out. He just wanted to be alone with his Pokemon.

More minutes had passed and more people had finished the task and returned to HQ. Only one person remained, and that was Karma, the one who had proposed a 'race' in the first place. Scyke wondered where the heck she was. James Tan was still nowhere to be found.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024

K A R M A... capturing pokémon in Goldenrod

Finally, Karma was down on the streets looking for pokémon. She had her golett still in his pokéball to not attract unnecessary attention. Turning into a narrow alley, she saw a meowth run past her. Hm. That was a common enough TR pokémon. But it just sat on the ground looking at her before yawning and then walking away. Somehow, Karma didn't find that interesting enough.

Walking through a park on the outskirts of the city, she saw two rattata playing on the grass. Rattata would make an excellent pokémon to capture and foster into a killing machine. Since just about every grunt had one but they never evolved because they were so poorly raised. Used as tools. Silly grunts... pokémon were not tools. They were... tools to be taken good care off. Karma's distant smile grew wider at the thought.

But these rattata looked so innocent. So young. Just... ugh. She felt nauseous looking at them and moved on. They were not right either. She could not just capture any common pokémon. It had to give her the right feeling. The right atmosphere. Soon after leaving the rattata, she entered a factory backyard, thinking that she'd find some ugly pokémon there. She did find something. It was a stantler that had gotten lost and couldn't find its way out from inside the fences surrounding the site. A stantler... uncommon and mysterious enough. But still. It looked so darn pathetic, being afraid and lost like that. Karma just walked on and left it there in a corner of the fence. Helping it out would serve no purpose of hers.

In the end, it turned out that she became the E8 to spend too much thinking about what pokémon to capture. Looking at the time and realizing this, Karma's smile for once disappeared from her face, getting replaced by a very irritated grin that showed her teeth.

((I wrote more but then accidentally erased it and ugh........ I'll finish tomorrow.))

ArceusGPG

The Obscure
Years
  • Seen May 25, 2013
Bored... no one seemed to be talking, and the crazy lady was taking forever. She must have gotten in trouble with the police for carving her name in someone's back. What else could she be doing? Usually murderers like her enjoyed doing something like that in her free time.

Ernest quietly slipped out of the room, hoping to not even be noticed. When the door slammed behind him, he was sure that everyone did though. Whatever. It's not as if they were going to follow him or anything. That would be paranoid to even consider, what with the murder happening and everyone already being suspicious of each other.

The not-so-stealthy mass of weight lumbered over to the dormitories where he was sure to get some clues. If the Warden was right (which he had doubts of), then one of the E8 had to be the murderer... but which one?

Ernest had decided to check out Karma's room first. Since she's been gone for so long, the chances of her returning decrease as time passes. That's gambler's logic, right there. He wasn't going to thoroughly examine the dorm or anything, just kind of rummage around a bit and see if he can find some obvious clues, like a diary entry describing the murder. Crazy people always have diaries describing their murders- mystery novels would suck without this being true.

Even if there wasn't anything like that, he could always just make a fake diary to incriminate someone. There were no rules against that, were there? Besides, he had an eighth of a chance of getting the right person. No... wait... one in seven... uh... a good chance.

Oh, maybe he might find some hidden stashes of food. That would be a pleasant surprise. Crazy people eat the same things that normal people do, plus more. Maybe eating crayons is an acquired taste, and he just needed to give it a chance.

He stopped in front of the room, hesitantly. He had second thoughts. Was it a good idea to take a chance with this murderer? She could return any moment and deliver her unholy judgment upon this poor mortal, and the inferno's molten gates would be opened.

That's when Ernest came up with his brilliant idea. He grabbed Litwick's Pokéball. Then he took it... and threw it on the ground.

A red light appeared, quickly forming into the discernible candle shape. She looked at Ernest with watchful eyes... uh... eye. The large man stooped down and whispered in her ear.

"I need you to go find evidence that Karma's the murderer. Go in there and find her diary or something. You find something solid, and I'll give you a cookie."

He opened Karma's door and gestured her in.

"Oh, and don't set anything on fire, please. Just get the diary and put it under my bed, then wait for me there."

She moved in reluctantly, rolling her eyes- eye- with what appeared to be a sigh. As soon as the last trail of wax disappeared from sight, Ernest quickly closed the door. He quietly laughed at his astounding intelligence and turned around to go back into the meeting room.

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
Years
Charles was getting impatient. He needed to do something about Kimbou's evolving so why not, he felt into his backpocket. The photo was still there. Or all of them where. He had gotten rid of Xaiver's, and Ernest's had a big X on it. He sent out Kimbou and stared down at her. She met his gaze. He attempted a smile, but ended up with a smirk. She cocked her head and ask, "Ri?" A couple of the other E8s, E7s? looked over at him. He looked back and they looked away. He picked up Kimbou, and walked out of the room. Kimbou had her eyes closed, and her palms were staring to glow. So he did the logical thing. He put her down. She exhaled a sigh of relief, and stared up at him. He reached into his back pocket and pulled out a picture of Karma.

Kimbou stared at it. Charles quietly said, "This is Karma. I think she may have done something good." He gritted his teeth and stared up at the camera where the Warden was watching from. He made a cut-throat sign, disguised as a cough, to show him he didn't mean it. However the Warden interpreted it, he didn't care. Looking down at Kimbou again he said, "Can you go into her room," he wrote down the room number on the back of the paper, "and see if there is like," He racked his brains. Anything that would secure it, "A diary or something."

Kimbou nodded and smiled. Obviously she felt like Charles trusted her to do something this "important", so she would like him for trusting her. Charles could use a diary, but it was not necessary. He would have to send Kimbou off on a lot of missions to get her to evolve. Since Pokemon can't "de-evolve" he could stop then. Kimbou rushed off down the hallway. Charles sighed and walked back into the cafeteria, and sat down, staring at Ernest, noticing that one of his Pokeballs was empty. He thought nothing of it though.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
[ Jasper ]

Before going back to the canteen Jasper decided to stop by his room. There he could let out the Mudkip in private, get to terms with the creature. He didn't know what the Warden wanted from them next, but it wouldn't hurt to be prepared. He passed a dashing Riolu on the way, but besides raising an eyebrow he didn't react. Its trainer must be up to something, but any spying would ave to wait for the future. He quickly slipped into his room, closing the door behind him.

On the back of it was a note.

Jasper snatched it from the door, a piece of folded paper hastily taped, with equally hasty handwriting.

Got approached by the Giovanni-kid, Steven. He was a bit too curious. Watch your back.

It wasn't signed but it didn't need to be. Jasper knew Johannes' handwriting, ever horrible to read for anyone not accustomed to them. Doctors and scientists alike always had the worst writing, and Johannes was no exception. For once this was a good thing. Still, it seemed no one had snooped in his room yet -no doubt they would, in time, but not yet. He was a bit troubled by the intel, Johannes hadn't thought thee boy was much to worry about, which had been a relief as Jasper had enough people to worry about. Now it seemed that opinion had been revoked. He'd had to have a chat with him later.

Jasper stuffed the note into his pocket (best to keep such things on one's person) and sat down onto his bed. He got the Mudkip's Pokéball and released it. The Pokémon looked confused, hadn't it just been in a park? In a fight with a particularly nasty Purrloin? It looked at Jasper, recognizing him.

"Hey there, bro," Jasper did an awkward sort of wave. "Sorry to snatch you like that, but I'm afriad neither of us had much choice in the matter. I'm also afraid that you're not in the most savory of companies. I'm in some deep ****, and by proxy so are you now." The Mudkip cocked his head, Jasper wasn't sure if it understood anything he said, it didn't look very intelligent. 'You're a bro aren't you?" Not that Jasper didn't call girls bros too. Mudkip's head cocked to the other side. "I'm just going to assume you're a bro. Well, bro, I've done some bad things, very bad things, and I guess they're catching up with me. Sorry to drag you into the stinking pile of exrement with me. On the positive side- no way this is going to end up being a dull ride. If I'm going, I'm going with a bang If I'm not going, hell, let's create a bang anyway, just for fun." Jasper rubbed the head of the Mudkip, he seemed to enjoy it. "You're not too bad, and you seem decently strong. I shall call you Jorg. Now that this is out of the way, let's get you back in your ball, I might need you soon," he called the Pokémon back and stuffed the ball in his pocket. Time to get back too the others.

He looked around once he got to the canteen. No Karma yet, thank god. He could live with not seeing her face for a while yet. He looked specifically for the kid who had approached Johannes and found his target. The kid was sitting down, not engaged with anyway. Time to change that. Jasper grabbed a chair and sat on it backwards, facing the kid. "Steven, right? A little bird told me you had a chat with Johannes earlier. Mind telling me what that was all about?"

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
Years
"Steven, right? A little bird told me you had a chat with Johannes earlier. Mind telling me what that was all about?"

Steven smirked. Jasper had heard. He looked at Jasper and said, "Would you mind coming outside?" He waited for Jasper's reply, racking his brain. He hadn't thought this through very well had he? Kimbou was running down the hallway, probably in Karma's room by now, looking for a diary. If this escalated, he would be down one Pokemon. He walked out of the room mentally preparing himself. Would he get right to it and accuse him, see his reaction, or would be edge in, opening a weakness. He was thinking of Jasper's record.

His parent's died, making him an orphan, he could relate with that. Sort of. If only he had a fire type. That must be some kind of weakness of his. He had ice though, maybe that would "chill" him? He chuckled at the joke in his head. He had bad experiences with foster homes, nothing in that. He stole some money and left at 16. If he had a conscience must feel sightly bad about that. Steven had nothing to feel bad about. This was for revenge, a much more worthy cause. Johannes. That was his weakness. If he could get to Johannes, he could get to Jasper. But Sonara couldn't find him in time. He would have to be direct, and concise.

He waited for Jasper, and put Sonara's Pokeball into his back pocket, leaving an empty Pokeball in the front, an interesting way of confusing him.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
[ Jasper ]

Jasper looked the kid in the eye a moment, wondering what he was getting at, separating the from the rest. He shrugged and smirked. "Not at all, lead the way kiddo." It should be fine, Jasper was confident he could take the boy if it came to that, at least brawn-wise.

A voice in the back of his head did tell him hat this was not wht Johannes had had in mind when he wrote the note. He was aware that Johannes was a lot smarter than him, and he should have probably done what Johannes had had in mind: lay low and keep an eye out for things. But that was not how Jasper worked. If there was a problem, he faced it.

And so Jasper stood up from the chair and waite for Steven to lead them wherever he had in mind.

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
Years
Steven calm himself and leaned over whispering into Jasper's ear, "I have good evidence that you killed Xaiver. Give me one reason I shouldn't bring your diary," he paused showing the forged diary he made from some samples of Jasper's handwriting, "To The Warden." If Jasper actually kept a diary, this was a hit. Although he doubted it. He had a forged Diary of everyone. Funny thing is, he actually kept one. He was hoping someone found it. It had no evidence against him, just evidence against everyone else. Heavily Karma. Where was Kimbou? Kimbou would be nice to have right now, he could send her off to get Johannes.

What was he doing? He should have gone in slowly, this was too blunt. And if The Warden figured out his plan... Well, if he could get his parents on his side, that would be good. He would get them after this "talk" with Jasper. Then he heard a huffing as Kimbou ran down the hallway. He sighed, his ear was singed and he was carrying a charred piece of paper. It would be unusable. He would have to deal with Kimbou later. He sighed, and returned Kimbou before Jasper could see him.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Parvati Patil

As Steven looked at her with a steely look saying "Does it matter?" Parvati smirked on the inside of her expressionless mask. Though he left the room before she could say anything back. Not that she was going to in the first place. Scyke on the other hand never responded. Though that didn't bother her. Sitting down in a chair Parvati let Kiri and Ajay out of their Pokeballs and healed Ajay with a potion she had 'borrowed' from a boy in town. She wasn't really paying attention to the others in the room as she looked at her two Pokemon. A Roselia and an Elecktrike. Not the most common combination. Actually not one she would normally use but she would adapt to it. After several minutes she gradually grew bored and crossed her arms glancing around the room again before her gaze settled on Scyke.

Returning her two Pokemon she stood and moved to the seat right next to him looking at him out of the corner of her eyes as she spoke. "what did you catch? I caught an Elecktrike" she said disinterestedly. Dennis had said to watch her back, and as much as she didn't want to. It would be helpful to have an ally in here.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
[ Jasper ]

Jasper snorted. "Oh come on, bro, you can do better than that. Seriously man, do I look like the kind of guy that keeps a diary filled with my deepest, darkest secrets?" Truth is he did keep one like it, though Jasper preferred referring to it as a business notebook. It mostly recorded date collecter during missions, things he couldn't afford to forget. In fact, it might do well to record dirt on the others in it. However, he would never be daft enough -or possess enough hubris- to write anything incriminating on himself in it. He'd swiped enough intel on others in the past that way to make the same mistakes.

Jasper grinned and slapped Steven on the shoulder in a not-so-friendly manner. "Really, little dude, you're going to have to be a little more creative than that. In fact, I look forward to it. You, however, you look just the sort to pour your heart into little book. I wonder what juicy secrets are in yours, hm?" Dude wanted to play the baiting game? Then let them play.

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
Years
Steven smiled. He was kind of expecting that. Although, he knew that Jasper was being WAY too excited. He thought he was hiding something. But Steven said, "As a matter of fact, I do keep a diary. Why don't you try and steal it, hm?" If Jasper did, and he revealed it to the Warden, he and everyone else on the E6, he didn't consider himself a real member, would be screwed. He chuckled inside of his head, and smiled apologetically. He hoped this took him off of Jasper's radar, or if it added him more, it would be fine. As for the Warden, the "sloppy" work would help to be cleared as the murder was very precise.

Suddenly a thought popped into his head. Where was James Tan? He wasn't there... That could mean two things. He was the murderer, and had hid, or had tried to and been caught, or that he himself was murdered. That would be an interesting twist. Steven walked away. He sent out Kimbou and stared down at it. There was the charred spot on her ear. He returned her and sat down.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years

S C Y K E
Scyke twisted his head towards his left, unsure about why Parvati had wanted to talk to him. Was she suspicious? Was she looking at him for clues on if he did it? Scyke tried to clear away those thoughts as soon as possible; he was being way too cautious. All she had done was ask him what Pokemon he had caught. Just friendly chatter. No big deal.

Scyke stared at Parvati for a second. She was pretty, but something about her eyes made him feel a little unsure; there was just coldness lingering in there. Still, he managed to not stall too much time to make the approach from her awkward and replied, "I err, caught a Wanut, or something. I actually don't know it's real name, so I nicknamed it Wafett. Do you know it's err, real name?" Scyke finished with opening Wafett's Pokeball, letting the cyan-coloured Pokemon out in-front of Parvati. He hoped that his reply wasn't too... unsocial like. He hadn't had much conversations in the past, at least with people slightly around his age.

Back