• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Happy St. Patrick's day!
2920 Viridian Forest encounters.
27 Woobat.
Everything else is paused at the moment to focus on these guys.

do you want to turn on the C-Gear?!

Yup, that's annoying alright. I'm not sure what's worse, that or the DPP journal.
Caught a male Bidoof. :cer_giggle:

I have my Heatran!

Congrats! Wow, that's an insane amount of SRs. I saw the pictures, wold you like me to edit them into this post for you?

EDIT: Here is the picture:

Spoiler:

Congratz again!

Last edited:

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
I think, I think...
I think I might go for a Shiny Nincada, for this so-called March Quest's second Pokémon! I've wanted a Shiny Shedinja for a while, since they messed up the extremely awesome otherworldly-feel the sprite had in Gen III (eerie golden). The Shiny comes close to the original with peach-colouring.

Also, for the sake of amusement...
My Shinies!

Varheonas
Spoiler:

Tzurii
Spoiler:

Sonki
Spoiler:

Rapunzel
Spoiler:

Kirazu
Spoiler:

Riagla
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 31, 2012
ShinySearcher01 said:
I saw the pictures, wold you like me to edit them into this post for you?
If you could, yes please!

Edit: Thanks a bunch :)

Last edited:

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
*Ru adjusts her pose*

Overseeing the mass production of Nincada, currently! Some 34 eggs hatched so far, a few of them having 31 in Attack and Speed.

No foreign parent as of yet, so I don't have any Masuda chances in effect.

Years
quick update
i havent really been hunting because ive been trying to get stuff done in my water monotype challenge so im pretty much been hoping for an RE while grinding my team

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
2012-03-18141601.jpg

im soooo happy about this. after a long day at work today (4am-12:30pm) i had gotten home and did a few things before i sat down to start encountering. I was talking in the chat with SS, Runa and flubb in the chat room when it decided to show up. i was really hoping that Zubat didnt show up, and was kinda hoping that Geodude would, even though i already have two chained ones and a RE Graveler. I really wanted a Onix or Gible, but i dont care right now!! second pic, as always:

2012-03-18142429.jpg

not really sure where im going next in Platinum. ill figure it out soon

Edit: Polarix came into the chat a few minutes later, and while i was looking at random.org, s/he gave me a challenge to hunt wherever a Buizel is, so i decided on Route 213. some excellent Pokes here!!

Last edited:

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
Hooray, congratulations!
Having a reasonable variety of Pokémon in an area is why I try to avoid wild Pokémon hunting, but you landed quite the good one, there!

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Congrats on the shiny Magneton and Bronzor, Keruso!

Congrats on the shiny Patrat, Runasutaru!

Welcome to the club, Christianzeo! Congrats on the shiny Mewtwo!

Congrats on the shiny Heatran, NeonTsuba!

This week's random hunt is... Paras!

My Hunts:
Litwick: 2,752
Absol: 120
Marill: 20
Ekans: 11
Druddigon: 20
Pawniard: 10

I plan on returning to Sandile again, as well as MM Horsea.

Post no. 2,000!

Years
I think this might have just been my shortest hunt ever, or maybe my second hunt. Now this might be a bit confusing since last time I posted, I was slaving away at hatching slugma. But, since I got discouraged, lately I have been doing some challenges. So on my diamond challenge I decided to hunt in the eterna forest with cheryl, and then maybe a couple hours in I decided to dual hunt in the fiery path in sapphire.

NOT EVEN A HALF AN HOUR LATER

A (shiny) wild machop appeared!!!!!! (and good thing I noticed in time, since I almost ran away)

She (surprisingly) is level 15, BRAVE NATURE!!!!!!! and was caught in a nest ball on the first throw. I named her Narcissa just for the heck of it.

Not the highest on my priority list, but who cares?!?!?!? A THIRTY MINUTE SHINY! I'm really glad I found her, since the last couple of weeks have been reaaaally bad.

Congratulations to the patrat, the heatran the mewtwo, the bronzor and any others I might have forgotten or missed :D Oh, and if I am not mistaken, this counts for the march contest correct? I really need to jump on that.... but hey, I'm halfway there!

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
Huge congrats to Keruso, GolurkIsDaBomb (great name!), and Christianzeo on your shinies!

I haven't been hunting much. I had Spring break last week but all my professors assigned massive amounts of work (that's what I get for going on a 2-day a week school schedule I guess) so I didn't really have any time off. This week I have school and work..I have no days off..at all. Yay for not being able to hunt!

Decided to update with more pictures of my Oddish since I didn't have many pictures..or even good quality pictures of it before. I transferred it to a ROM by putting that game on my flashcart and trading it from Platinum onto it then putting the game back on my computer. It was originally caught in Ruby (not a ROM).

Spoiler:

Last edited:

damion

Dragon Trainer
Years
new member?
Hi remember when i discovered my first shiny in G/S i thought it was some kind of glitch i havnt found many. to be honest i forget how to hunt for them i m looking for a pikachu shiny and a haxorus shiny, i would love to join

Years
  • Seen Apr 3, 2012
Someone message meee lets shiny hunt together on certain targets and race :3 sorry if this is now how i am supposed to go about this but thanks

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
new member?
Hi remember when i discovered my first shiny in G/S i thought it was some kind of glitch i havnt found many. to be honest i forget how to hunt for them i m looking for a pikachu shiny and a haxorus shiny, i would love to join

Welcome!

i dont remember ever finding a shiny up until DPPt besides the Gyarados when i got a Kricketune. If you've forgotten how to hunt, it's easy, there's only a few ways to hunt.

A) the main way to hunt, RE or Random Encounter. yeah, you only have a 1/8192 chance of encountering your shiny, but when one does show, Shazaam!! and the 1/8192 is for EVERY Pokemon Encounter

B) another way of hunting is for the Legendary Pokemon. SR, or Soft Resetting, which means, if your hunting in the GBA games, you press ABStartSelect at the same time. DDPt on up, you press the Shoulder buttons plus StartSelect. again, you have a 1/8192 chance of the shiny appearing

C) and another way, which i havent yet done myself, is hatching your shiny. the best way is to have a Foreign Pokemon FROM YOUR LANGUAGE (IE, if your English, a British Poke wont work) and the Poke that you want to shine. That is called the MM, or Masuda (some people misspell this and call it the Medusa) Method. im not quite sure of the rate here, and there are two different ones once you hit B/W, but i am sure someone will Quote this and tell you

I dont believe there are any other ways than these, besides RNGing yourself a shiny............which in my eyes, is not the way to go

now, for my hunts: I was, in Diamond, Encountering in the Double Encounter areas. Since i just got a shiny Bronzor, encountering in Wayward Cave again is kinda moot point when partner'd with Mira. so my next area, when i probably defeat the Elite 4, will be in Iron Island. yeah, more Geodudes, Gravelers, Zubats and Golbats, BUT there are Onix and Steelix!!!

Platinum: Route 213. Thanks to Polarix, im now hunting here, but since its a new week, ill hunt here again at some point

Pearl: Eterna Forest. Im mainly hoping for Budew, Buneary or Misdreavous, but i wouldnt mind Cascoon to finish the Wurmple line.

LeafGreen:....................................Charmander................................

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
Years
(...)I dont believe there are any other ways than these, besides RNGing yourself a shiny............which in my eyes, is not the way to go

Chaining, in which you use a bunch of Repels and use Pokéradar on a patch of grass, trying to keep encounters of one single Pokémon all the way to a 40 chain (catch/faint), then running around and using the Pokéradar until a Shiny bush shakes. The chance of a Shiny escalates with each added number on the scale, getting to 1/64 when 40 is hit.

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
A (shiny) wild machop appeared!!!!!!
im soooo happy about this.

Congrats!

C) and another way, which i havent yet done myself, is hatching your shiny. the best way is to have a Foreign Pokemon FROM YOUR LANGUAGE (IE, if your English, a British Poke wont work) and the Poke that you want to shine. That is called the MM, or Masuda (some people misspell this and call it the Medusa) Method. im not quite sure of the rate here, and there are two different ones once you hit B/W, but i am sure someone will Quote this and tell you

You are correct! If you wish to hunt using the best method in existence this way, the odds are, in generation IV, 1/1639, and in Gen V,
1/1366. Good luck!

As for my hunts,

Soulsilver: 2921 Viridian Forest RE's

Black: Decided not to do Woobat, am now MMing Eevee while simultaneously IV breeding them, egg count unknown.

Platinum: Eevee again, 185 SRs.

Good luck everybody!

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
So..here I am going through the Safari Zone and after 1386 encounters a Shiny Exeggcute appeared. Is it a success though?

Spoiler:

I've been hunting in a FR ROM too to reclaim Tentacool..not sure how many encounters in I am..I think around 2000? Been at it for a week or so. I am doing it in Icefall Cave where Lapras is found. 99% chance of finding Tentacool (or Tentacruel) combined, but if I find a 1% shiny Lapras I won't complain at all. ^_^

Last edited:
Back