• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If Pokemon was real, who would your starter be out of all of them?

EarthWolfblade

Returning breeder
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 19, 2013
Bulbasaur.

Not because it could be my own personal drug dealer or anything...nah...

Years
My top 3 are Charmander, Cyndaquil and Treecko... it's hard to pick...

Hmm, I think I'd go with Treecko cause he was the first starter I felt a really close bond with... he broke my link with always using fire starters (which is saying something, believe me!!) and opened my eyes to the grass type a lot more but I still love the other two :)

I'd definitely become a poké master but I'd probably enter into contests with my other pokémon :)

Years
I'd pick Charmander and not evolve it, because it's an awesome cute and cool dragon as it is. We would grill some marshmallows on the flame on it's tail. :)

Cid

Years
Squirtle all the way! Not only is it my favourite Pokémon, but I believe it can be pretty useful in real life.
As a Squirtle, I'll probably be friends with it way more than any other pet I've ever had, haha. I'd take it everywhere and just have watery fun, maybe tend plants, douse out any flame I need and just live happily. And it doesn't end there. Having it evolve into Blastoise would be really cool, because I could just climb on its back and surf the seas.

Plus, as cool as it may sound, having a Fire-type around instead would be pretty dangerous.

Years
Even though I don't usually go with them in the games, I would pick one of the Water-type starters, since they'd probably have the potential to be the least destructive. Looking at the 5 choices, I would probably start off with Piplup, since I've always liked penguins, and Empoleon is one of my favorite final evolutions of starters.

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Pikachu, and I'd go for a pokemon master. If that didn't work out, I'd be a breeder so I can have lots of pokemon, or a gym leader/elite 4 member, so I can troll with my ghost pokemon.

Mentalii

Back
Years
Totodile. It is and will always be my favourite starter ever. And I love Feraligatr. I know it's scaring, and isn't the strongest water starter, but I don't know why, I just love it (maybe because of all the good memories of my Silver version).

Aureol

Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
Years
If Pokémon were real... I'd go for Venusaur. I could ride it (granted, I could walk faster), it has Sleep Powder to help me go to sleep, it's beautiful (in a manner of speaking)...

Charizard would be neat to fly with, but too "hot"-headed :) Then the others aren't big enough/I wouldn't want to ride on.

Wait, others brought up good points... I wouldn't have to evolve it! Maybe Ivysaur still... Chimchar is cute, but I don't like monkeys. Charmander seems lovable, as does Squirtle. Piplup, and Chikorita would be good too. Oo, Meganium! Ehem... that sounded flamboyant :) Probably Chikorita though, it's adorable!

Years
  • Seen Oct 8, 2012
Narrowing it down for myself, one for each region: Squirtle, Chikorita,
Torchic, Piplup, Tepig.

Now, one of my favorite types is Water ... so it would have to be either
Squirtle or Piplup.

Everytime I think of Piplup, I think of Dawn's Piplup, and I have to say ..
not a fan. :(

SQUIRTLE! <3

Then again ... I really like all of Chikorita's evolutions. CHIKORITA!

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
mud kip mud kip mud kip

I would probably have to go with Totodile, no matter how much I like any of the others as actual Pokémon. Totodile just appears to be such a lively Pokémon, and one you'd have a great experience with. And even with that, Feraligatr is still a pretty strong Pokémon, so even if I was to use it in battle, I don't think I would be diasppointed.

Mango Dolphin

The Trainer that's a Pony
Years
Kyokusei, your icon and signature is creepy.

Now back to the main subject. The starter I would want is... Latios or Latias, courtesy of dreams. Snivy. I got him for Pokemon Black, and I want him as a girl so we can adventure the world together, flying on a Latios. :3

smurf

Veteran Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
I would pick treecko or chimcar two of my favorite pokemon are infernape an sceptile

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
Years
I love many starters, it's hard to pick. I'd say Squirtle. I'd probably get a new starter from each region, or get all 3(4...or 5 in Kanto?) and love them all :3 Ash got atleast one starter each time he went to a new region, I'd think it would be more like you get one from the Professor, and find the others later wild. And the second question, I'd be a trainer but maybe do a contest.

Back