• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hoenn RéBURST [M] [OOC + SU]

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
Haven't checked OrangeNess' SU after the revision... Just kidding, I did :3
Just a heads up, Orange, this RP takes place before BW, so Team Plasma is still underground doing their Plasma stuff... Thus meaning that Emma cannot hate them if no one (herself included) has ever heard of them, but it'll be obvious that she'll hate them if she did.

Also, and just for the record in case anyone has an idea for a character with a weapon... There is no reason for them to carry any kind of weapon such as swords, knifes and the like because, really, several Pokemon are already brutal killing machines! Hence the fact evil teams use Pokemon; they can kill with minuscule effort!

But I could accept someone with a baseball bat or some daily life object that could do minor damage, like, say, a fork. Why would someone carry that? Who knows, it might make someone's character a lil bit awkward. But awkward characters are the best ones around! :D

But since Torn is the GM, you should see if she's okay with the previous paragraph...

That's it *hides in the shadows*

OrangeNess

Layton Lover
Years
@IcyBurn
I have determination when it comes to getting into RPs! The most I've tried is around 6.
@Vato
I've gotten rid of the knife! I was going to do a baseball bat, but now it's just pepper spray. And I changed it to Team Plasma is an example, not that they exist. She does not hate them in particular, but she hates people who don't like the bond in general.

Bleacher

Chaos Worshipper
Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2013
Hey TornZero, have you checked out my post in the IC thread, the second try to catch Seedot?

@Orangeness- Good to see you are still at it man. Just a very, very minor thing I noticed in your SU, you have referred Emma to as Sarah at two places.

Last edited:

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
SUs are open, but the first post is slightly outdated. Due to unexcused activity, Baloth and ytfeL are being pulled, so Slugma and Feebas have become available, while Bleacher is in possession of Torchic.

Available Pokémon now: Phanpy, Slugma and Feebas.

{EDIT} @OrangeNess, why is she afraid of getting bullied? It's not like wanting to be a coordinator or liking the color green and puzzles is something the kids on the playground are gonna hate. Why was she ever bullied in the first place? The pepper spray's really unnecessary.

Also, there's still the "Wallace's biggest rivals" thing. Why keep it when there's still no actual explanation for it? Just say "some of his friends think he's a great coordinator" or something. The way it is now looks cheesy, like you're trying to make your character out to be the spawn of awesomeness itself... and generally just failing to do so. (Besides, we already have at least one of those.) The fact she's related to the Trick Master — decidedly one of the coolest characters in R/S/E — should be enough that other major characters (i.e., Wallace) don't need to be involved.

Other than that, everything's looking much better. Shouldn't be much longer now before you can pick your first Pokémon!

Last edited:

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
I. Must. Have. That. Phanpy! I've been looking at this for a long time, so now that there is an open spot... SU! (Oh, and I don't mind if I don't get the Phanpy anymore EDIT: since Orange got it, I want a Feebas)

Name: Miles Okai (pronounced O-kai)
Appearance: Miles is a tall, wiry guy which has been compared to the dancers from Unova (you know, Castelia). His hair, his face and even his shirt go along with it. He doesn't carry a yellow sweater, though. Instead, his sweater his gray and his pants are a mud brown. He carries a stick along with him, usually used for his different hiking feats. His camping backpack (or hiking sack, as he likes to put it) is full of emergency supplies, from bottled water to first aid to "space food."

File:Spr_B2W2_Dancer.png

Yeah... something like that. Except with brown pants, and a gray sweater. And he doesn't break-dance, of course.

Personality: Miles has a cool, calm personality. He's not smug, he's just relaxed and almost always in a good mood. He tries to be an optimist, in a way. When he gets angry though, care to stay out of his way. His anger is usually provoked by people being annoying, overly mean, or cruel to anything or anyone. He also has a short amount of patience when he isn't doing anything, however, so don't have him waiting on a plane with nothing to do. When he's annoyed, or angry, he tries to hide it, but sometimes he resorts to yelling at people (contrary to the cool, relaxed side of him that we usually see) or by nearly having a full fledged (but somewhat polite) debate with the person(s) who annoy him. With consideration to Pokemon, Miles is really carefree. Miles accommodates his Pokemon the best he can. If they want to run around, then so be it. If they want to be on his shoulder, alright, whatever.

History: Miles was born in Canalave City, technically, although he prefers to say he's from Iron Island. That's more or less true, actually. Miles lived in Iron Island as a young child and has lived there for most of his life. Although occasionally he went to visit his grandparents and relatives in other parts of Sinnoh, he spent his most time hiking and exploring caves with his father, thus granting him his handy-dandy hiking stick. He spent his time exploring the caves, sometimes for days at a time. His mother never scolded him- she felt he was old enough and most of the time he was accompanied by his father, anyway. After a few years, Miles's father decided to go challenge the league. Miles had questioned his age before, but he said that they accepted any age. After that, Miles didn't hear from his father as often. Calls were few and far between, and they were quick and to the point. He tried to encourage his mother to go hiking with him, but after his grandmother fell ill and stayed with Miles and his mother, he had to go alone. After Miles becoming bored of re-visiting caves, he received a letter from Professor Birch saying that he was chosen to get a Pokemon, a Pokedex, and 10 PokeBalls to use on an adventure in Hoenn. Miles decided to go for it, and soon he was on a plane to Hoenn...

On the plane, he saw a guy telling people that there was cat videos on the internet.

Last edited:

TornZero

Years
Well, first I have to question why he had to give up Sableye. If his father wanted to challenge the Sinnoh league, he should've had his own Pokémon. Catching your own Pokémon makes the point of Professor Birch sending you a letter a huge waste of time.

Also, this RP takes place in Hoenn, not Unova.

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
Years
Oh goodie *w* Here goes nothing~
Spoiler:

DONE :D (I probably just typed a very long history and missed some few stuff >.>)
EDIT: Edited my SU

Last edited:

TornZero

Years
Her father is really only well known among .

Aside from that, you're good to go! Just fix that sentence up and you're approved! (Also, it's "Phanpy", not "Phanphy". >_>) I'd also like to really suggest that you get a proofreader, as they can really help you with spelling and grammar issues.

Last edited:

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
Well, I edited it. The Unova thing was a mistake, sorry, since I was originally planning to make him from there. And I fixed the whole Dad thing. Take a look when you can, please!

Bleacher

Chaos Worshipper
Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2013
If you don't see me posting, don't think I'm inactive, I'm just waiting for the others to pace up.

Also.. I got a freaking Mudkip that throws sludge (I wonder from where does the sludge come from :-/ ) and fights for berries, not Torchic xD.

TornZero

Years
Whatever; Icy Burn got Torchic. I wasn't paying much attention there. xD

Also, as long as you're not interacting with anyone, you can post as much as you want.

OrangeNess, you are approve-ed.

Spr_5b_231.png

Level 5
Pickup
- Tackle
- Mud-Slap
- Defense Curl
- Rock Slide

Bleacher

Chaos Worshipper
Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2013
Just some clarification on the "CRUNCH" part, Jupiter thought that Poochyena used 'Crunch' but it was actually a critical hit 'Bite', I just didn't know how to put that critical hit part in the post.

EDIT: Congratulations Orangeness, your determination finally paid off, you got the FIRST FOUR MOVE STARTER!

Last edited:

TornZero

Years
Yay! I'm accepted! I'll make my first post ASAP. (And she has pickup! Free items!)

Correction, so you know: Vato's posted many pages ago about Pickup, and the GMs will PM or VM you to notify you that your Pokémon has picked up an item. You do not get to decide this yourself because of the risk of abuse, just like Pokémon learning non-level moves.

@DeLaMuerte, my first point still stands about Sableye, and "because it has no weaknesses" and persistence is no excuse to just give it to his dad. There's no guarantee it'd be obedient either, even if he had all the badges in the world; it doesn't exactly work like the games. Plus, if Dad did have enough badges to challenge the League, he'd definitely have his own full Pokémon team. Please come up with something else or something similar, as Miles having his own Pokémon isn't going to work the way it is now. It worked with OrangeNess' character because the Pokémon were her mother's in the first place. That said, copying that reasoning is just going to look silly.

@A_K123, if you haven't noticed, the Pokémon world doesn't exactly have much in the way of electronic gaming, if any sort of non-Pokémon-related activity. Why else would they force animals to beat the crap out of each other and participate in contests for entertainment? They have television, yeah, but that doesn't mean there are games. The NES, NGC and Wii consoles in the game character's bedroom are clearly just references to Nintendo's home consoles, as are the various people playing on their GameBoys scattered through the regions. You do not find them anywhere else in the game, and they're basically non-existent in the anime.

Also, you really need to explain his "ability" much better if he's going to have it at all. How did that happen in the first place, and why? Because he's a super-nerd for technology? Along with it, a seven year old typically wouldn't have the sense to not tell their parents about something that interested them, if anyone else. Obviously, that's something very interesting.

Where did he learn to code for technology of which he practically just got a prototype with no manual? He doesn't seem to have any prior knowledge or experience concerning computers or his dad's job, let alone any form of programming code, and this leaves a huge hole in his development.

What's the special Pokéball about, and what the hell's with the dead body? Then, "supposedly". Could they have possibly just found the ball on his desk when it's really a completely different worker's dev-model? They could've just screwed up some random dude's aspirations for having manufactured an awesome Pokéball, just because "supposedly" it was Roan's dad's work; not to mention they just committed theft. Great work, unnamed Sinnoh tech company.

Why did he have to hide anything from his mother, let alone a bike? I'm pretty sure a buttload of parents would be crying uber-proud tears of joy if their nerdy shut-in of a child sold their games and bought a machine that provides transportation and exercise. Along with it, he's SIXTEEN by the time he goes to get his first Pokémon. Why would his mother disapprove of him going out and getting a life and friends? xD

Last edited:
Back