• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Now viewing in HD!

cartercr

Sour Kangaroo's best friend!
Years
Alright, I know there's another decklist posted here on the site, but I wanted to go ahead and throw mine out here.

Mon's: 15

3 Darkrai EX
3-1-3 Hydreigon
2 Sableye
2 Sigilyph
1 Mewtwo EX

Supporter/Items: 33

2 Juniper
2 Bianca
4 N
4 Dark Patch
4 Pokemon Catcher
3 Rare Candy
4 Ultra Ball
2 Level Ball
4 Max Potion
2 Eviolite
2 Cheren

Energy: 12
4 Blend
8 Dark

How I counter the main metagame decks.

Eels: It's not that hard. Catcher + Night Spear = fast KO's of the Eels, and then I can just pull apart their attackers by either mounting damage from the extra 30 Night Spear does to the bench, or flat out killing them with either Mewtwo or Sigy. Mewtwo is VERY useful for the instances where they do get set up, though.

Mirror match: This sucks... Considering most of the time Darkrai is used as the main attacker my Sigy will usually fight the majority of this one. Darkrai can be used to help rack up some damage, but I always have to be careful of taking hits from Hydreigon.

Hammers: I hate this deck. It mainly comes down to luck. I use Dark Patch as much as I can, and try to keep Sableye available to put them back into my hand. This deck mainly relies on Sableye to function, so as long as I can catcher their Sableyes and kill them with Hydreigon, I just need them to not flip heads 9/10 times.

Durant: This deck hasn't been as prominent as I thought it would be, but it is still used. Durant is easily KO'd by Darkrai (even through eviolite.) If I can catcher one and then hit Mew EX with the bench damage, Mew comes into KO range of Night Spear. Outside of that, it's KO'd quickly by Mewtwo EX.

Garbador: This one I have to play fairly quickly. Either kill the stupid crap early or make sure to catcher Garbador later with either Mewtwo or Sigy. I've not had a lot of experience with this deck yet, so my strategy isn't fully developed.

Shaymin EX: This isn't a deck, but more a strategy to get around the particular card. When it comes in late, it sucks, because it can snowball quickly. Best strategy is to use Sigy.

Terrakion: Hydreigon can KO it easily with Dragon Blast. It'll cost me two energy but with the ability to pull those back with Dark Patch, that particular aspect doesn't concern me.

Mewtwo EX: Sigy. 'nuff said.

Tell me what you guys think. I'm going to be playing in a few tournaments in the area (sadly I live in a very remote area as far as Pokemon competition goes...) so I'd like to get my deck running smoothly.

Years
I don't know about Siggy. It really does just seem subpar to me. It needs three energy to attack, Darkrai decks will just catcher around it and Siggy can't even hit Darkrai that hard, and Zek Eels have Raikou EX to snipe around it. Those are the main two EX decks you'll be facing as far as I am aware and I just think Siggy is mediocre against both. It's downright terrible against other main decks like Empoleon Terrakion and Garbador Terrakion. Run one if you really want to but I wouldn't bother with it at all.

I do not understand why you would not max out Professor Juniper. Hands down the best supporter of the format and you'd run sub optimal choices like Cheren / Bianca over it?

Rest of the deck seems fine.

cartercr

Sour Kangaroo's best friend!
Years
I don't know about Siggy. It really does just seem subpar to me. It needs three energy to attack, Darkrai decks will just catcher around it and Siggy can't even hit Darkrai that hard, and Zek Eels have Raikou EX to snipe around it. Those are the main two EX decks you'll be facing as far as I am aware and I just think Siggy is mediocre against both. It's downright terrible against other main decks like Empoleon Terrakion and Garbador Terrakion. Run one if you really want to but I wouldn't bother with it at all.

I do not understand why you would not max out Professor Juniper. Hands down the best supporter of the format and you'd run sub optimal choices like Cheren / Bianca over it?

Rest of the deck seems fine.

I do agree Juniper is the best in the format, however I find that many times when I draw Juniper, I have things in my hand I don't want to get rid of, and I just kind of prefer to have the ability to just straight draw in a pinch. Maybe that's just my playing style. I'll definitely test it with max Junipers, though.

Mewtwo + Siggy??? Not needed. May want to add 1-2 Shaymin because its the only counter for Terrakion. It helps.

I don't know. Sigy has a very important role as my Mewtwo EX counter (without forcing a mirror counter) so I'd like to keep at least one. Perhaps I'll switch it down to one and then add in a Shaymin EX (darn.. just sold mine...)

Back