• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon Brown 2009 [Final Dungeon Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2011
I apologize if you already knew about this, it was fixed in the last bugfix, or if it's a feature I'm just ignoring, but I was battling the very first trainer and using a Zubat against their Zubat-obviously we both only had Leech Life, but the weird thing was, both of us would miss every single time (at least 5 each, before I switched-way, way beyond normal probability). Is this a bug, or...?

yes i noticed it to...
in low level, when a battle my zubat with a lower-level zubat, the lower-level zubat's leech live will always miss..,, but my zubat's leech seed is working fine...
so i test this by battling a higher-level zubat, and my leech life will miss everytime, but the higher-level's doesn't...

also the same thing with sand attack..
using sand attack when my pokemon's level still low(i.e. sandshrew <lv25)
the sand attack worked like charm and caused nearly every enemy's moves to miss and only hit very rarely, like 1 out of 15..
so i decided to keep my sand attack..
but when my sandslash reached >lv35 and fought high-level foe, the sand attack doesn't work like it used to be, the foe's moves hit more often, like 50% of the time...

is this a new feature in brown or it is a bug???

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
Let me explain the Zubat thing.

The weak/super effective table was copied from Prism. This means all the attacks types are second generation based. Here are the changes:

Attacker - Defender - Gen I - Gen II
Bug Poison 2× ½×
Poison Bug 2× 1×
Ice Fire 1× ½×
Ghost Psychic 0× 2×

As you can see, Leech Life that is a bug type, attacking a Zubat (poison type) in Red would do 2x damage. However, now bug does 1/2x to poison. Leech life only has 20 base damage, the lowest attack in the game. I tested with a level 10 zubat leeching my level 3 zubat, and it only did 1 point of damage. Damage is rounded off, meaning the level 3 zubat attacking another level 3 zubat would do less that 0.5 damage (attack decimals are rounded), meaning it was rounded to 0 damage, so that's why it "misses".

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2009
Alright being as my first post I have to say your hacks are awesome but Brown is very glitchy or I have a bad rom.

So here we go the Virus Scanner was not in Silph Co Warehouse I had to cheat to get the scanner. When you fight Giovanni you can only activate the fight by going to 1 spot you can totally by pass teh fight.

Not to mention there are so many buildings blocked, World Items where you can't reach them, Sprites not accessible. But the biggest problem so far is when I first went into Johto in which I was greeted with no 2nd Gen Pokemon Azeela town is littered with bug Mart is blocked off by terrain same with the PKMN center. The whole Azeela town is blocked off not sure if thats when the beta ends but it just does not run through.

Also Bugsy the gym leader was a lass with 2 level 13 pokemon.

Hopefully you can let me know on the problem also Nice work on Prism so far so good on that.

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2009
It's because you patched to the Pokemon Brown v1.1 ROM. I made it perfectly clear to patch it to a CLEAN Rom and then rename the rom the same name as the old version.
I did not patch to the brown rom. I made a copy of my red rom and patched to that. i tried downloading a new red rom and patching those with the new (5/14) patch multiple times but i still have the same problems.

ok, i got it to work now. i think the problem was the patching program i was using. i used JIPS on my mac and that didn't work so i downloaded lunar ips on my pc and used that and it seemed to fix the problem. i moved the patched rom from the pc to my mac and it works so far.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 19, 2009
-sigh- you have the old version. Download the correct version. All of those bugs were in the previous version.

COME ON PEOPLE. THINK! If your backpics don't match the backpics in the screenshots, what do you THINK is wrong?! I'm not here to wipe your butts.

lol I'm such a dunce. Ok anyways how do I set the color?

Last edited:
Years
Ah, thanks. I didn't realize that attacks that would do 0 missed instead. I think later generations round everything up to at least 1...

... also, Leech Life shouldn't have the lowest power in the game. That dishonor should go to Constrict, with 10 O_o
(I'm pretty sure Constrict was in 1st gen. If not, who would bother to add it? I mean...)

balkj06

Pokemon Kanto
Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2015
awesome hack!

a few things when i go in a PC the game crashes (using VBA)
and on the route with the nugget the secoud trainer has level 30's (if it hard/fun to win)
does proygon elove if so how?
when do i see my frist none 1st gen pokemon

Cartmic

Hi there, it's been awhile.
Years
lol I'm such a dunce. Ok anyways how do I set the color?

:O come on, seriously?

In VisualBoyAdvance you go 'Options>Gameboy' select 'SGB', then reload your ROM. If you're using another emulator, im sure it will be self explanatory, if not read the emulator Readme, which you could have done with VBA in the first place.

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2009
is kadabra supposed to weaker when it evolves? it had stats of 40, 45, 97, 109 then i used a trade stone and alakazam had 62, 93, 83, 90. it got physically stronger but speed and special dropped. is that normal? i never paid attention to its stats way back when. one other note, this did not happen with graveler. golem had high stats all around

Roxasabridged

Lucariowner
Years
When a pokemon evolves, the stats go crazy (Like a Magmortar with all stats under 12 at lvl 18...lol) but fixes itself at the next level up.

Years
  • Seen May 18, 2023
awesome hack!

a few things when i go in a PC the game crashes (using VBA)
and on the route with the nugget the secoud trainer has level 30's (if it hard/fun to win)
does proygon elove if so how?
when do i see my frist none 1st gen pokemon

Use another version of VBA. VBALink 1.72 freezes on R/B/Y Pokemom Centers

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
Years
I have a question and a few glitches (in the 1st update 3)

Q.1.What number does the pokedex go up to? i know there's at least 220, but does it go higher?

Q.2. Are you getting close to fixing the trading glitch? (the one that doesn't put the received pokemon in the dex)

Q.3. Is the sun stone in this game?

G.1.some of the trainers in Seashore gym's text goes out of the box

G.2.You can fight a level 0 gastly on the first level in slowpoke well.

G.3.Oh, there is a way to get onto the ss.anne with out cheating (by using a save from the old brown) and one of the trainers glitches up the game.

G.4. When you withdraw (or deposit) tm50, it says a glitch item's name instead of the real name

*note* all glitches (excluding the ss.anne one) I found while using a new 2.0 save, not one from 1.0

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2011
ah, now I understand that zubat problem..
you're awesome, CBM..

er, i know it's an old trick, but you can do it in brown too..
sorry if anyone ever posted it before, but i didn't see one yet, cause I haven't read all the pages..

when your pokemon evolves, its stat wil be incorrect, right??
just drop the evolved pokemon on your PC, ad ta da....
its stat now correct...
it's more simple that way rather than having your pokemon level up while enduring the messed-up stat..
of course, it's not a big problem with low-level pokemon, but when they evolved at high level, such as dragonair(Lv55)......, i don't want having a dragonite with a butterfree stat..

insectduel

ROM-Hacker, YouTube content creator
Years
Oh boy another update.

*sighs*

My desktop monitor is broken so I can't play this one until next week or if my friend call me up to get it from him.

Years
  • Seen Feb 20, 2010
I found a glitch i guess, on my first rival battle it wouldn't let me chose my move. It always chose growl.

Cartmic

Hi there, it's been awhile.
Years
Anything left to do after the Rijon League?

I was told be an old moderator, that they asked your type before to go to the relevant thread and ask these sort of questions. I do not endorse "mini moding" what so ever, and I am in no way posting this to try and get respect other member or higher authority, but when I see the amount of 'I can't be bothered to read or do anything my self' people on this forum it saddens me.

So please if you have got any non bug questions about Coolboyman's games when playing, go to his specific help thread to ask: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=120156

Cartmic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back