• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphics: Gen VI: DS-Style 64x64 Pokemon Sprite Resource

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 3, 2020
Not sure if this helps but i re-sized this sprite from the Smogon XY Sprite Project
It's a Tyrantrum sprite originally made by Quanyails/Wyverii (front), aXl

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
paintseagull and I did the smogon back. I also did the modified colours for Nosciums. If you are sticking with Noscium's (we did get a new one recently) then don't feel like you need to credit either of ours.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
An Aegislash I've been working on. I've not been spriting much recently so it might seem a bit off, but I thought I'd post it anyway. :)

OnsvXmF.png

It is quite heavily based on the official artwork but I can guarantee you it's not a pixel-over. ^.^

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Hmm, I always always go over this thread itching to contribute something with an empty pocket. This thing MrDS is running has much potential, especially since he's making it a point to push in only quality sprites. Just saying.

claunch_zpsb40ef859.png

Clauncher. In an attempt to emulate HGSS style. 11 colours, non-indexed. If not accepted, kindly tell the reasons so I may improve.

Well I may or may not introduce 6th Gen Pokémon for me hack, but I don't have any sprites. I guess I'll just help this project until it's finished.

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
Not sure if this helps but i re-sized this sprite from the Smogon XY Sprite Project
It's a Tyrantrum sprite originally made by Quanyails/Wyverii (front), aXl

Thanks, but I won't be accepting it. The resizing really doesn't do Tyrantrum justice, I reckon it needs a custom sprite designed for 64x64 to properly convey its dimensions.

An Aegislash I've been working on. I've not been spriting much recently so it might seem a bit off, but I thought I'd post it anyway.

It is quite heavily based on the official artwork but I can guarantee you it's not a pixel-over. ^.^

I do like it, but I'm not 100% sure if I'll use it in the end. Mainly because it has two stances, I may have to do them together myself. I'll definitely consider it as a base for now though.

Hmm, I always always go over this thread itching to contribute something with an empty pocket. This thing MrDS is running has much potential, especially since he's making it a point to push in only quality sprites. Just saying.

Clauncher. In an attempt to emulate HGSS style. 11 colours, non-indexed. If not accepted, kindly tell the reasons so I may improve.

Well I may or may not introduce 6th Gen Pokémon for me hack, but I don't have any sprites. I guess I'll just help this project until it's finished.

I appreciate your submission! I'll probably end up using this as a basis for the front sprite.

Anyway in unrelated news, I believe someone asked if I would be doing icons, and after initially declining, I have now decided to include icons. The main reason for this being, there are not any decent recoloured Gen VI icons available out there. I initially wanted to learn how to expand the palette table so that the sprites could be included without recolouring. Chaos Rush first started recolouring new icons to those of the Gen III sprites, and seeing how successful they were has prompted me to do the same. I am including custom 2nd frames for their animations as well. Here are the icons that have currently been done. I will prioritise the icons of the sprites that have already been made, so as to give hacks good quality resources!

I have tested them all in G3HS, and I think they look pretty sick.

Chespin
R7ygEM2.png

Quilladin
wQqJ9rD.png

Chesnaught
4vURtAX.png

Froakie
bV4BAdo.png

Frogadier
7hUS0Sw.png

Greninja
9mcjnlu.png

Swirlix
oN76NBs.png

DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Tiny Umbrella with Lots and Lots of Good
Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
So I did a handful of icons too, which I'm guessing you know based off which ones you did:

Fennekin:
OnAQMQL.png

Braixen:
tXUuxdR.png

Delphox:
7X8OxwR.png

Fletchling:
DBacBVE.png

Fletchinder:
NWdcDfS.png

Talonflame:
RWkrGcl.png

I'm not really a fan of Talonflame's animation yet and would rather not see it in the resource with that second frame- it really needs the tail feathers to move back and the head bobbing to be polished more.

DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Tiny Umbrella with Lots and Lots of Good
Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
There are some very significant differences between these icons and yours:

dZDn7a8.gif
(ignore the names)

Your resource is not cleaned up for gen 3 palettes at all, so the sprites look like a mess when inserted. It might be usable for an Essentials game, where palettes are less of a concern, but for a romhack that's quite lazy. They also don't have second frames.

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
There are some very significant differences between these icons and yours:

dZDn7a8.gif
(ignore the names)

Your resource is not cleaned up for gen 3 palettes at all, so the sprites look like a mess when inserted. It might be usable for an Essentials game, where palettes are less of a concern, but for a romhack that's quite lazy. They also don't have second frames.

Mmm I see. Then I suppose the mega evolutions are the same way.
I think I'll leave them up though (as temporary icons), at least until these updated ones are complete.

MrDollSteak

Years
So I did a handful of icons too, which I'm guessing you know based off which ones you did:

I'm not really a fan of Talonflame's animation yet and would rather not see it in the resource with that second frame- it really needs the tail feathers to move back and the head bobbing to be polished more.

That's right Doesnt, I'd seen them in Chaos' post! Glad you posted them here.
I've just polished them slightly.

Also no worries about Talonflame I'd wait until I've done Front and Backsprites anyway!

I'm not sure if you've noticed, but I have a thread with every Gen VI icon sprite available + all the mega evolutions: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=326404

I don't see much of a difference between the ones that I made and your custom ones, so if you would take a gander that would be appreciated.

Doesnt was exactly right, they're not really in the same style.

Funnily enough I've just made a few icons for my own hack, feel free to use them.

These are fantastic! I'm definitely using them!

I've touched up and added Pancham, Helioptile, Heliolisk, Carbink and Avalugg for now.

------------------------

Here are the new icons, credits to Doesntknowhowtoplay for the Fennekin and Fletchling lines,
and to Thundrake for Pancham, Helioptile, Heliolisk, Carbink and Avalugg.

Fennekin
zQzGm3C.png

Braixen
3HMI3CU.png

Delphox
zYM3Zij.png

Diggersby
JmnaQ06.png

Fletchling
DmhFi3h.png

Fletchinder
JIh2ZAe.png

Pancham
dftaygh.png

Helioptile
tMNLj74.png

Heliolisk
tukS2Mr.png

Carbink
psUpN9T.png

Avalugg
CJ22A39.png

Also I've done Helioptile and Heliolisk

7jKSuWg.png

e1ldqBn.png

Credits to Wobblebuns for Helioptile's Front Sprite.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 3, 2020
Alright, i re-sized another sprite from the XY Smogon Sprite Project. This time it's Binacle
Originally made by CoolStoryBrobat

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Thanks, but I won't be accepting it. The resizing really doesn't do Tyrantrum justice, I reckon it needs a custom sprite designed for 64x64 to properly convey its dimensions.

I do like it, but I'm not 100% sure if I'll use it in the end. Mainly because it has two stances, I may have to do them together myself. I'll definitely consider it as a base for now though.

I appreciate your submission! I'll probably end up using this as a basis for the front sprite.

Anyway in unrelated news, I believe someone asked if I would be doing icons, and after initially declining, I have now decided to include icons. The main reason for this being, there are not any decent recoloured Gen VI icons available out there. I initially wanted to learn how to expand the palette table so that the sprites could be included without recolouring. Chaos Rush first started recolouring new icons to those of the Gen III sprites, and seeing how successful they were has prompted me to do the same. I am including custom 2nd frames for their animations as well. Here are the icons that have currently been done. I will prioritise the icons of the sprites that have already been made, so as to give hacks good quality resources!

I have tested them all in G3HS, and I think they look pretty sick.

Chespin
R7ygEM2.png

Quilladin
wQqJ9rD.png

Chesnaught
4vURtAX.png

Froakie
bV4BAdo.png

Frogadier
7hUS0Sw.png

Greninja
9mcjnlu.png

Swirlix
oN76NBs.png

Yeeeeah, that occured to me. xD Glad you like it though, I thought it'd be a bit iffy since I'm personally pretty used to spriting in a 3rd Gen-kind of style (e.g.: less black outlines, different shading style...) ^.^

Edit: I dun did Scatterbug. :3

w2dVahX.png

Edit x 2: And Flabebe. Only problem with Flababe is the palette is already at 16 colours and since it's body and the leaves share the same colour, when doing the shiny it's going to make the leaves a blue-colour. :x

TTNTsId.png

(Also worth noting this is mostly a re-sizing of the official artwork and fixing of pixels job. It still took me aaages though. xD)

Edit x3: Finished Flabebe and it inserts correctly using the Advanced Sprite Editor. :) Only slight issue is that I had to change the cheek colour for each different flower variation, but eh, it works. :)

juRILrC.png

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

Years
Yeeeeah, that occured to me. xD Glad you like it though, I thought it'd be a bit iffy since I'm personally pretty used to spriting in a 3rd Gen-kind of style (e.g.: less black outlines, different shading style...) ^.^

Edit: I dun did Scatterbug. :3

w2dVahX.png

Edit x 2: And Flabebe. Only problem with Flababe is the palette is already at 16 colours and since it's body and the leaves share the same colour, when doing the shiny it's going to make the leaves a blue-colour. :x

TTNTsId.png

(Also worth noting this is mostly a re-sizing of the official artwork and fixing of pixels job. It still took me aaages though. xD)

Edit x3: Finished Flabebe and it inserts correctly using the Advanced Sprite Editor. :) Only slight issue is that I had to change the cheek colour for each different flower variation, but eh, it works. :)

juRILrC.png

Don't think I'll be accepting these sorry.

New batch of icons!

Litleo
hIwtEY3.png

Skiddo
TaU841B.png

Gogoat
RgDC4J2.png

Pangoro
gdkp8Jj.png

Furfrou
pnavFS8.png

Espurr
6VcqK9B.png

Spritzee
Qv7pnQ3.png

Aromatisse
TPuB1Br.png

Slurpuff
Ae3J8yU.png

Amaura
vhuxRne.png

Bergmite
UtT4Q96.png

RuFF

Hope you're having a RuFF day!
Years
I'm just asking, will FURFROU have different hairstyles

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jun 24, 2014
heavenly, been playing with lil animated pixel gifs myself, need to get on this level

MrDollSteak

Years
I'm just asking, will FURFROU have different hairstyles

As Shinoya pointed out

Note: I don't plan on doing any of it's 'forms' just yet.
If enough people want them in the future I may do it.

I've redone the colours and positioning on Aromatisse and Heliolisk slightly

bGRRQgF.png

KQGepJl.png

Also here's Arceus-Fairy, credits to Chaos for the sprites, I just did the new palettes.

n5Mqzux.png

And finally some more icons, up to all the 40 sprites I've done the front and backs for!

Inkay
iwKC13h.png

Malamar
rIZZX1D.png

Skrelp
lBI8M6q.png

Sylveon
1vsLivL.png

Goomy
gVeymX3.png

Sliggoo
45iTyCZ.png

Goodra
DEFw1v6.png

Phantump
CSmG6Uq.png

Trevenant
2TM7q0m.png

Pumpkaboo
iUJ76Nd.png

Gourgeist
8U17R6X.png

Last edited:
Years
Here is a mega diancie sprite, This was my friends sprite and I just edited it. I know you probably wont accept this but Ill put it here anyway :)

Back