• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Football/Soccer Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
I don't think there will be any big shocks this season, the bottom half of the table is going to be horribly close.

Welcome to La Liga, where, in the last three seasons, there was a bigger gap between 2nd and 3rd than between 3rd and 18th.

Years
I very much doubt that happening, Nuke. Mabye West Ham.

I did say it would be a surprise. :P Fulham have a very strong team this year as well, I can't help but think we've got a much stronger Premier League this season and the top teams have lost a bit of an advantage I think.

pleb

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 1, 2014
Southampton have a good start again... and lose again...

Ivysaur

Years
Well, news from last night: Ronaldo scored two against Granada in a 3-0 win for Madrid (their first victory of the season, they currently are 7th with 4 points to Barça's 9). He didn't celebrate any of them and left the pitch after an hour, looking injured. After that, he said on TV that he was very unhappy for "professional reasons" and that the team knew about it. Today, the entire press has "Ronaldo wants to quit Madrid" splashes. We are still trying to figure out how and, specially, why he opened Pandora's box right after the transfer window closed.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
That would make my day. That would make my life. THAT WOULD MAKE MY WORLD.

They still have Modric though. ):

pleb

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 1, 2014
Good luck for Wolves and Southampton next week after they both lost this week.

Years
As long as Ronaldo comes back to England, I couldn't care less how it happens. He's my favourite player regardless of the club he plays for, but it's a lot more fun for me if he's in England. I suppose the only negative would be that City would possibly end up signing him.

There is a lot of talk about the Andy Carroll loan lately it seems which is no surprise since the English media are obsessed with him. At the Liverpool end, they regret loaning him out now the owners haven't bothered to sign a replacement. At the West Ham end, Allardyce believes he can lead them to a top ten finish. Will the discussion of this useless player never end? :(

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
I think calling Andy Carroll useless is a bit much, he's not a 35 million pound player but his record was good at Newcastle, once he's back in his rhythm I think he'll bang them in for Wet Spam. I think Big Sam tactics could take them into the top 10 but as I said the other day the gap between top and bottom is getting closer so that's less impressive than it was a decade ago.

As for Wolves and Southampton, I hope they keep losing.

Years
He's not useless then, but he definitely doesn't deserve the ridiculous media attention. I hope West Ham go down to be honest, they're not a particularly exciting team.

Hulk moved to Zenit for £40m today, the Russian League will soon be one of big ones at this rate.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Nah, I'm a Norwich fan.

I don't actually dislike Wolves, some Norwich fans seem to think there's a rivalry between the two clubs (Stemming from Kevin Muscat I think) but going by that logic most teams would be rival sides. I just want similar stature teams to be below us come the end of the season.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
He's not useless then, but he definitely doesn't deserve the ridiculous media attention. I hope West Ham go down to be honest, they're not a particularly exciting team.

They never have been. As a Blackpool fan, I was devestated that we didn't go up instead of West Ham, so I want them to go down too. One thing I do find funny: Liverpool in the relegation zone, Just like Man U were, back in 2007. Ha Ha XD

As far as Lyon go in Ligue 1, we are 2nd behind Marseille, but at least we haven't lost our 5 games played, we just drew once. Not a bad start to the season :D

But, in the J-League, Yokohama F Marinos have been very very disappointing. :(

Ivysaur

Years
I just watched a higly surreal match. Georgia just played on a 0-4-6 strategy. They played the ball for under a minute in the entire first half and just spent the whole time just deflecting balls. By the end of the match, Ramos and Piqué gave up trying to defend nobody and started shooting on goal just in case any went in. In the 86th minute, when Soldado scored, we were playing on a 4-6-0 with nobody in our half just to balance it out.

Absolutely surreal.

pleb

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 1, 2014
Wolves have waltzed into round 2 of the carling cup after beating Northampton. And then we'll be playing Chelsea.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Oh lordy that was some awful Big Sam ball. Really could have done with all 3 points going into a tough month of games. I wonder if our first win will come against Newcastle, Liverpool, Chelsea or Arsenal.

Cole smash was probably highlight of the game.
1347711040587.gif

Berbagod as my fantasy football captain single handedly turning my bad start around.

Last edited:

Arma

The Hyena
Years
Damn, I really feel sorry for Puyol, looks like he won´t be able to play again for quite some time.

Ivysaur

Years
That hurt me. The match should have ended in the 60th minute. Now Barça are playing the Clásico with no pure defenders- Song and Mascherano, wtf. Well, the btter for us, since we could move top of the table if we beat Málaga and Barça draw or lose to Madrid, and they would still have 8/5 points in hand against them anyway (I'd rather see Madrid lose though, I think it's easier for us to beat Barça than our stupid neighbours XD).

The ref was a moron too. It's like he forgot to put the yellow card back in his pocket during the last five minutes. And that red to Busquets was a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back