• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Zelda: Sacred Paradox (DOWNLOAD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldfishHorde

Whoa! A horde of Goldfish appeared!
Years
Maybe, we'll need to come up with names anyways for some of the other creatures, especially the ones that are created only to be part of an evolutionary chain. It would solve the issue of the names being too long too.

Moosh's backsprite so far, without the wings:
E8met.jpg

Yeah, it's an edit of Snorlax lol. If it ain't broke don't fix it they always say.

I actually couldn't tell that it was an edit of Snorlax until you said so. Ha.

I like the idea of making creatures to fill evolutionary slots, and I would be happy to assist you with that.

I literally had an epiphany before I finished typing this. If possible, the low health sfx should be replaced by the low health sfx from the Zelda series.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
Years
I literally had an epiphany before I finished typing this. If possible, the low health sfx should be replaced by the low health sfx from the Zelda series.

Oh god. That terrible and intimidating beeping noise, that haunts my childhood o.o

Sure why not. Its the smaller things that count, :) it should definetly be in.

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
Years
Haha that would be a nice finishing touch, but that's not something I'm concerned about right now anyway.

And machomuu is right, I've been trying to say that all along but his words made it sound better and more clear than I was saying it. This is intended to be a Zelda game with Pokemon only as the battle mechanics, so the Pokemon League and all that is out, so are gyms and such. Fairy Fountains will replace Pokemon Centers (Though I'm still not sure what to do about the PC for storing your extra creatures), etc etc.

I'm settling with this for Moosh for now:

moosh_by_innermobius-d7qqtic.png

I may edit the shape of it at some point later.

Also, I finished the basic walk animations for Link. The GBC games only used 2 frames for walking, so for each direction I needed to make a new custom pose.
5kn5w0.jpg

N27P1.jpg

Last edited:

Danno

Years
Daaaaaaw, he's adorable! I'm leaning towards the Deku starter, but I'll wait until I see all of them to choose one as my favorite.

That reminds me, will there be any kind of rival of some sort? Perhaps Dark Link?

He'd kinda be a rival... but if I were to incorporate him, it'd be a one time battle, and I'd like to have it so he mirrors every monster you have.

EDIT: Maybe actually, depending on how the story unfolds, he'd have more than one occurrence. (Like if he's summoned by a villain)

Last edited:

GoldfishHorde

Years
He'd kinda be a rival... but if I were to incorporate him, it'd be a one time battle, and I'd like to have it so he mirrors every monster you have.

EDIT: Maybe actually, depending on how the story unfolds, he'd have more than one occurrence. (Like if he's summoned by a villain)

If he were to have more than one occurrence, I think it would be interesting for him to appear in some(or all) of the dungeons as a "mid-boss" of sorts.

Danno

Years
If he were to have more than one occurrence, I think it would be interesting for him to appear in some(or all) of the dungeons as a "mid-boss" of sorts.

Definitely not every dungeon. Normal pokemon games have rival battles all the time, this won't be a normal Pokemon game.

I was just thinking about this. So like imagine the first and second evolutions for the starters are normal. But on the second evolution (ex. Charmeleon, Wartortle, Ivysaur) it doesn't evolve by level, instead you can take the eevee route and have 3 options of what to evolve it into? Like, for the Deku, the regular scrub is planned for the 2nd evolution. What if at that stage you can choose between evolving it into the Deku King, and maybe one or two other evolutions? Same with the Goron and Zoras, the middle stages will be a regular Goron and Zora, but you can choose whether or not it evolves into like Darunia or Dangoro or something?

GoldfishHorde

Years
Definitely not every dungeon. Normal pokemon games have rival battles all the time, this won't be a normal Pokemon game.

I was just thinking about this. So like imagine the first and second evolutions for the starters are normal. But on the second evolution (ex. Charmeleon, Wartortle, Ivysaur) it doesn't evolve by level, instead you can take the eevee route and have 3 options of what to evolve it into? Like, for the Deku, the regular scrub is planned for the 2nd evolution. What if at that stage you can choose between evolving it into the Deku King, and maybe one or two other evolutions? Same with the Goron and Zoras, the middle stages will be a regular Goron and Zora, but you can choose whether or not it evolves into like Darunia or Dangoro or something?

I dunno, you might wanna focus on their intended evolutions first, then go back and give them alternates later if you still like the idea. Either way, it sounds cool.

Danno

Years
Yeah, that's what I'm planning on working on next, finishing up the 9 starters. I have some stuff to do today but my plan is to at least get one finished a day, any extras are a bonus.

And it just came to me... instead of Oak in the intro, this:

GoldfishHorde

Years
Yeah, that's what I'm planning on working on next, finishing up the 9 starters. I have some stuff to do today but my plan is to at least get one finished a day, any extras are a bonus.

And it just came to me... instead of Oak in the intro, this:

Welcome to the wonderful world of Hyrule! Blah blah blah blah blah

*mashes A button*

Would you like me to repeat that?

-> Yes
No

OH WAIT NO I DIDN'T ME-

And it loops for all eternity. {XD}

Danno

Years

*mashes A button*

Would you like me to repeat that?

-> Yes
No

OH WAIT NO I DIDN'T ME-

And it loops for all eternity. {XD}

Lol I'll be sure the leave that would you like me to repeat that bit out. Unlike Nintendo, I don't want to hold the player's hand as they play :D

Reactions: iv0

iv0

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 1, 2023
Use the Minish Cap Sprites:
http://www.wiizelda.net/images/tmc/sprites-sheet-link.png

The most beautiful sprites in the Zelda games.

Danno

Years
Use the Minish Cap Sprites:
http://www.wiizelda.net/images/tmc/sprites-sheet-link.png

The most beautiful sprites in the Zelda games.

Already went over that, too big. Besides, with Link being smaller, the bigger sized overworlds Fire Red DOES allow will make the bosses look bigger. Plus, this game is going with the Oracle series artistically, and Minish Cap is Toon Link.

ZMuaI.jpg

Progress on Deku scrub.

GoldfishHorde

Years
Already went over that, too big. Besides, with Link being smaller, the bigger sized overworlds Fire Red DOES allow will make the bosses look bigger. Plus, this game is going with the Oracle series artistically, and Minish Cap is Toon Link.

ZMuaI.jpg

Progress on Deku scrub.

This thing is a work of beauty, I tell ya. I'm god awful when it comes to spriting, the most I can do is do a recolor. Still loving that Deku Scrub.

Danno

Years
This thing is a work of beauty, I tell ya. I'm god awful when it comes to spriting, the most I can do is do a recolor. Still loving that Deku Scrub.

Lol the bright green has it lookin' a little like Kermit the Frog there but I'll have it fixed.

EDIT:

Finished. Fixed the shiny colors a little bit to make it look better, too.

young_deku__pokemon_sprites_by_innermobius-d7qtl32.png

EDIT AGAIN:

Goron preview

SYFjY.jpg

Last edited:

Danno

Years
Eeek. I decided against this post and I'm making a custom one.... but here's what I asked if anyone cares lol.

Spoiler:

The one I'm making now is an altered custom version of the Majora's Mask Zora babies.

T0fx5.jpg

Hmm... not so sure about this lol...

Last edited:

GoldfishHorde

Years
Eeek. I decided against this post and I'm making a custom one.... but here's what I asked if anyone cares lol.

Spoiler:

The one I'm making now is an altered custom version of the Majora's Mask Zora babies.

T0fx5.jpg

Hmm... not so sure about this lol...

Baby Zoras from MM would work best for the basic stage, then first stage can be Ruto or something.

Danno

Years
Baby Zoras from MM would work best for the basic stage, then first stage can be Ruto or something.

What do you mean basic and first?

and I slightly edited it from that pic to make it look a little better around it's right flipper, and part of the eye shading.
tmYkz.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back