• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Hmmmm....

I dedicated a few days to the Red Gyarados thing, with no results, and I declared "I will go back to this event after I do a lot of more work, since I don't want to delay development". That clearly states that we'll discuss about if its possible, or hard, or whatever after a while. So... Do not insist... Thanks... We'll talk about that later, ok?

Enrico Marini

Resident Evil Hacker
Years
And am I the only one that has any knowledge of the 3rd gen games and is trying to help Zel scripting wise, and to make it the best it can possible be.

Unfortunately I know nowt about scripting (at least for now). I'm trying to learn and understand it when I have spare minutes.:disappoin

Take your time, no need to rush things. Wish I could be of more use. :)

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2009
Don't we all, but I guess Zel is the only one who can do the job. And you've been working on the Red Gyarados? Well, leave that until you got the whole layout of the mayp for SG complete, and then fix the little things. ;) Keep it up! :)

martijn

HeartGold & Collosseum
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 28, 2016
I've took a dive in Sappy, and it looks like FireRed also contains the sounds from R/S/E.

Years
I've took a dive in Sappy, and it looks like FireRed also contains the sounds from R/S/E.

Actually, most of the R/S/E source is in FR/LG (It is for compatibility reasons.). The contest information is there, too.

And people, doing the red Gyarados event is pretty hard, so don't bother Zel with it anymore.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2008
I finished playing the beta, so I used the birth illand code, and then took the boat to vermilion. it caused some funny changes to FireRed:
the slowpoke at cerulean turned into a miltank, mount moon is un-reachable, cause the boy won't let you pass, whenever I fight the rival I see Zel's red-haired character, every female picknicker turns into a cool trainer inside the battle screen, and every pokemon maniac has a level 30 charmander.
plus, the TM's are completely messed up. lol
and I finnaly can use the map. I never realized how helpfull it is to the game..
Zel, can I ask you to fix the map until the next beta?

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
...No, I won't fix the map for B3... Will be a problem if you enjoy Fly, but... I'll risk...

Well, Mahogany is complete, including its Gym. Now, I have three options: keep on the route, go to make the Rocket Event in Goldenrod, or start working on Whirl Islands. I guess I'll do the latter, since I'm sick of Rockets, plus I enjoy making new caves! (After that I'll do the Rokets event... I don't see my first goal too far away now, one or two weeks, maybe?)

I've been changing a lot of trainer sprites lately... surprisingly... See ya later people!

pdesai91

Hack Fan
Years
Positives and negatives

HI,

first, i'd like to say what an awesome remake this is.

I loved the game its amazing just like the actual gold version.

I noticed a lot of glitches and i'd like to tell zel because i think he can fix it.

1. after beating the goldenrod gym the badge on the trainer card shows as the 4 th gym.
2. sudowoodo doesnt look good
- use the sudowoodo from the emerald battle frontier map!
3. when you fight rival for the first time in cherrygrove i think after the battle when he pushes you , you get knocked into the fence and thatz a glitch.

After you're done with the game be sure to edit these little things and then this game is going to kick some A**

martijn

HeartGold & Collosseum
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 28, 2016
I've been working all afternoon on a list of the game music, to be used with Sappy. Thought it might come in handy at some point.
Here you can find it. And I've also found this, it lets you convert from and to decimals/hex, so you can convert the track number used in Sappy to a EliteMap map music list hex value. Track 337 in Sappy would become 151 in the EliteMap selection list :)

dipset4ever

Pokemon Hacker in the Making
Years
HI,

first, i'd like to say what an awesome remake this is.

I loved the game its amazing just like the actual gold version.

I noticed a lot of glitches and i'd like to tell zel because i think he can fix it.

1. after beating the goldenrod gym the badge on the trainer card shows as the 4 th gym.
2. sudowoodo doesnt look good
- use the sudowoodo from the emerald battle frontier map!
3. when you fight rival for the first time in cherrygrove i think after the battle when he pushes you , you get knocked into the fence and thatz a glitch.

After you're done with the game be sure to edit these little things and then this game is going to kick some A**

OMFG DUDE

WE KNOW EVERY POSSIBLE GLITCH THAT THESE BETAS HAVE, YOUR NOT THE ONLY PERSON WHO PLAYED THIS GAME

READ THE FIRST PAGE AND IT LISTS ALL THE GLITCHES THAT EVERY ONE HAS POSTED THOUSANDS OF TIMES

Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2014
*insert 25 cents here*

Woah...calm down. Getting all worked up won't solve anything, even though these glitches have been posted a couple times. The first page has a couple glitches that have been found, and if you shift through some of the pages, they'll have the other glitches too. 40 pages is a lot, and I read through all of them. You don't have to, because, normally, glitches on a game this popular are in every other page. And I understand the fact that you can't make the Gym Leaders fight again. I'll just have to make that on my own...as soon as I learn programming. Keep it up Zel!

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
I really wanna know what's up with that guy Bug Catcher you meat in National Park when you first walk in. He says he'll like stalk you to death, zel what purpose does this guy serve? He's weird...

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
possibly lol I do admit it was quite funny to read what he had to say.

Years
  • Seen Oct 8, 2011
ok please dont flame me for asking this as i think it has allready been answered before. theres just ALOT of pages that i dont want to go through... when i download the latest version, its a ips file instead of a gba file. whats up with that? did i get the wrong file?

Enrico Marini

Resident Evil Hacker
Years
ISP is the patch file to use with lunarips on Pokémon FireRed. You have to obtain a copy of the Rom yourself (for legal reasons).

Random

-
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2008
i dont know if anyone has attempted to do this... but i experimented by using vbalink on ShinyGold and Firered by having the Gold character go into the wireless room, and after trying to get the second window to load my firered save, but failed for some reason, after that i closed both windows and when i opened Shiny gold... the Gold character ended on the 7th sevii island where i had my firered character was lasted saved, and has the same pokemon from my other save...otherwise its like having only the character sprite changed in the whole game... well at least i could use running shoes:laugh:

Great Hack btw Zel,:D cant wait for B3!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back