• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen White 2 Team Help ( Victory Road )

Years
Hi ladies and Gents

I was just after a little bit of help with my Pokemon team on white 2 ( now prior to this I only ever played the originals red and blue, and don't know hardly any new generation Pokemon if any.)
So the basics of this post is that I have managed scrape through to get to victory road and get towards the Pokemon league and the Pokemon I have are no where near strong enough in my opinion.
I have looked at several posts and pages and tried to develop a team and managed to get something together, I just want to know what else I could do to the team ( other than level up as I am currently doing that on victory road underground ) or if there is different Pokemon I could use ( that I am able to catch as some places are Unreachable to catch them till you complete the game)

My team so far is....

Emboar :- Lvl - 68

Nature:- Hasty
Ability:- Blaze
Item:- Charcoal

Current Moveset:-

Flamethrower
Arm Thrust
Heat Crash
Flee Blitz

Zebstrika:- Lvl 62

Nature:- Quirky
Ability:- Motor Drive
Item:- None

Discharge
Wild Charge
Spark
Thrash

Duosion:- Lvl 37, currently training to evolve

Nature:- Rash
Ability:- Overcoat

Psyshock
Shadow Ball ( teached )
Trick Room
Pain Split

Haxorous:- Lvl 50

Nature:- Quirky
Ability:- Mold Breaker
Item:- Lucky Egg

Dragon Pulse
Slash
Swords Dance
Dragon Claw

Now these next 2 are what I am using as slaves to get to places etc and am struggling to have decent Pokemon with couple moves to use in battle against league and hm slaves.

Rufflet:- Lvl 47 HM Slave 1

Nature:- Naive
Ability:- Sheer Force

Fly
Cut
Strength
Crush Claw

Golduck:- Lvl 38 HM Slave

Nature:- Bashful
Ability:- Cloud Nine

Surf
Rock Smash
Waterfall
Aqua Tail

Hopefully that's enough information for you to help me tweak or edit my team :)

P.S not sure on all the lingo like a sweeper Pokemon for example

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
The first thing to do is get Haxorus and Duosion up to roughly the same level as Emboar/Zebstrika, as that'll give you a significant boost in overall battle strength, not to mention that those 2 happen to have their uses in the E4.

The next thing to do is acquire a Dark type. Having a Dark type makes the Unova Elite 4 a lot more manageable since 2 of them are Dark weak. If you still have the Zorua you should've gotten earlier in the game, you can use that. Bisharp and Krookodile are also excellent Dark types to consider.

Go to the move relearner and get Haxorus Dragon Dance, it's a fantastic move and a hell of a lot better than Dragon Pulse or Slash on it. Zebstrika and Emboar could also use a little variety in their movesets, 3 Electric moves on the zebra and 3 Fire moves on the pig are unnecessary and you'll want the coverage other moves could provide. You probably wanna squeeze Earthquake onto something too, unless you use Krookodile.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hey! While Nah covered the important decisions I'll help you with which moves to get rid of :) On Haxorus you'll want to get rid of Dragon Pulse. Of all Pokémon you'll definitely need to give it Earthquake or else it's useless against Steel types. Dragon Pulse is weaker on it anyway because it has such a high attack stat.

On Duosion I'd go with Calm Mind over Pain Split. While Calm Mind seems counterproductive because you're using Trick Room... Pain Split ain't going to do much and if you give it leftovers it could have passive recovery. That way it has a better chance against the majority of Pokémon of its species and ghost types too :)

Zebstrika unfortunately suffers from having very good moves. I'd give it Flame Charge for sure because you're not going to go much against grass types without Sap Sipper. I'd also replace Thrash with Strength which is more reliable and give it Volt Switch to make it even more efficient. You can keep either Discharge or Wild Charge (depending if you want power or keep its HP) but replacing the rest of the moves will make it a lot more useful in battle.

I'd personally get rid of Golduck and replace it with something useful in the game that can also be a HM slave too. I'd go with Seismitoed - not only do you get Ground and Water coverage it also learns pretty good moves! Surf, Strength, Scald and Earthquake are all you need :)

Braviary I'd replace the moves on. You really don't need Cut at all and you already have Strength on your other Pokémon. So with that said: U-Turn, Brave Bird, Fly and Crush Claw will get you sitting pretty. U-Turn can be used in conjunction with Zebstrika to make it even better.

Emboar: Scald over Flamethrower and Wild Charge over Flare Blitz. You won't regret it.

A dark type could be useful yeah but I think you have good enough Pokémon to take it out it anyway imo. But if you are doing it, replace Ruffle t just for the e4 - it'll be useful.

Anyway. Locations: http://m.au.ign.com/wikis/pokemon-black-white-version-2/TMs_and_HMs

All these moves I'm talking long term to make you efficient in the later game, some you can get before which is great otherwise work with what you have. You should otherwise follow Nah's advice first for the e4 :)

Years
That's awesome help :) I'm just gonna do those changes but the only thing I don't like is giving emboar an electric move :( I like flame blitz :)

Also I don't think I got that Pokemon zorua how do I obtain him now

Years
Right so I checked the PC and I have got zorua allready but he is only level 25 at the min so he is going to need training as well now so that's 3 that need training, so could some suggest a move set for zorua so when he wants learn new move I know what to forget.

Also

2 Things I can't do though is

1. Zebstrika can't learn strength
2. I don't have the earthquake TM and can not access route 15 yet to get it

Any help guys?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Just a little hint, you can delete your original post, c/p the content and then post it again so you'll be bumping but won't get in trouble c:

Anyways, sorry, been busy. Moveset wise it doesn't really learn anything worthy honestly. Keep Night Daze but I'd skip the rest. When it evolves teach it Flamethrower, Focus Blast and maybe U-turn to help with your team already having Volt Switch etc.

Also lol I swear it did, I was thinking of another Pokemon I'm pretty sure, sorry!

What about Bulldoze?

Years
Righteo then will keep that move not sure wether I forgot it tho as me ds is downstairs now lol so will have have a look Tomoz , not sure if I have focus blast or flamethrower to teach and also I don't have earthquake yet either gonna do a team update on this thread for you Tomoz I got hax up to 66 duo guy upto 60 did those changes to emboar he is like Lvl 73 from top of me head and got that dark type one up to 32 zeb is still at 63 ish but same moves

Xherdan

Bad at Good Games
Years
For Emboar, you should teach him Hammer Arm at the Move Reminder. You could also give him Superpower, but i'd prefer Hammer Arm, since it only lowers your Speed stat, and Superpower lowers both your Attack and Defense. I always carry Flame Charge on my Emboars, just for the speed boost and reasonable STAB. I assume Heat Crash is just to take on light-weighted opponents that are weak to Fire. My normal Emboar sets consist of Head Smash, Flame Charge, Wild Charge and Hammer Arm.

Moving on to Zebstrika. It's pretty fragile in Defenses but can dish out good damage with its nice Attack stat and great Speed. It also has access to Flame Charge, which it can use to boost its already awesome Speed stat. You could also get rid of Discharge and teach it Thunderbolt which you receive after defeating your rival in Victory Road. Thrash is a very strong move, but it's pretty annoying to be confused after using it. Meanwhile Wild Charge is a must, but watch out for the recoil damage.

Reuniclus is my favorite Psychic-type of all time. I usually carry a pretty fun set of Focus Blast, Thunder, Psychic and Shadow Ball/Trick Room. This thing is amazing as a Trick Room sweeper. You'll be relying on Psychic to hit your opponents since the other two moves have a pretty high chance of missing, but deal great damage nonetheless.

Behold Haxorus, the dragon with a herculean Attack stat. While its movepool doesn't bring too much shine to it, TMs can make up for it. I always carry Poison Jab or Brick Break on my Haxorus, coupled with either Dragon Dance or Swords Dance and Dragon Claw, since Outrage is obtained quite late. If you level it up to around level 65-71, you might get Outrage. You also get Giga Impact at level 74.

I've never used Zoroark on the game before, but i will on my next BW2 run. It has absolutely amazing stats and can be used as a speedy mixed attacker. The moves they recommended up there are your go-to moves for this beast.

Braviary's actually pretty decent, if you want to make it a team member.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen May 22, 2017
Id say get a Crookadile(ground/dark) set up and keep goldduck, but just dont use hms..use...like...blizzard or some shit because dragons exist. Surf is still solid though.

Back