The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Fan Fiction and Writing > Writer's Lounge

Notices

Writer's Lounge Need advice? Want to give advice? Come on in and share ideas with your fellow writers. Just remember, all fics go in the main forum.

Advertise here

Old August 16th, 2006, 12:32 PM
Kalylia
Pokemon Breeder

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kalylia

Advertise here
Okay, so I've noticed that this place is totally lacking a good reviewer, or just good reviews in general. So, I'm now taking it upon myself to start reviewing fanfics. I'll have a sign-up list that I'll update. I'll take five at a time right now, and when school slows down a little in the winter, I'll up the list to ten fics at a time. I'll update this first post as I clear out people's fics.

PLEASE CHECK THIS POST BEFORE SIGNING UP FOR A REVIEW!

1. Sapphire Persian -- Metamorphosis
2.Sapphire Persian -- The Ties that Bind

The following is the template that I'll be using to "grade" the fanfic in question.

Mechanics
Basic Grammar: 10 points
Punctuation: 5 points
Sentence Variation: 5 points

20 possible points

General Writing

Creativity: 10 points
Word Choice: 5 points
Dialogue: 5 points
Character Portrayal: 5 points
Descriptions: 5 points

30 possible points

50 POSSIBLE POINTS

I'll paste that template in, and then show what you get out of 5 or 10 points, and then 20, 30, and 50 points.

What do all of those things mean? Glad you asked!!

Basic Grammar: Things like subject/verb agreement, avoiding fragments and run-ons, proper spelling, using adjective and adverbs correctly, etc.

Punctuation: Proper use of periods, question marks, exclamation points, commas, colons, semi-colons, spacing, quotation marks, parenthesis, underlines, bolds, and italics.

Sentence Variation: Using different lengths of sentences, keeping the pattern smooth, adding different phrases and clauses…

Creativity: Using new and exciting characters and situations, creating original settings, characters, or perhaps even Pokemon!

Word Choice: Using exciting and well-thought-on words to accurately depict settings, characters, events, actions, and thoughts.

Dialogue: Using exciting dialogue that fits the character talking and differs with emotions.

Character Portrayal: How you introduce a character and his/her attributes, whether they stay in-character, and if you are using cannon characters, if THEY stay in-character.

Description: How well and often you describe people, events, places, actions, and thoughts.

So, sign up, and I'll review!

Who's that returning from the depths of forum ghosts past? Oh! It's me!

Last edited by Kalylia; August 24th, 2006 at 06:11 AM.
Old August 17th, 2006, 04:55 PM
evilmetal2004
Hero trainer

Send a message via AIM to evilmetal2004 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to evilmetal2004
well ok
im working on a fanfic right now and i was hoping to get a review of the first chapter..maybe i can get inspired to continue. do you think you can review my first chapter? if so please send me a message to my control panel.

Thank you

Lost memory- Will he do it?
Old August 23rd, 2006, 12:43 PM
Kalylia
Pokemon Breeder

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kalylia
Okay, well, I reviewed evilmetal2004's fic. I'm not going to bite, people. Come on. If you'd like a good review of your fic, more than just the two/three lines most people who read it gives, sign-up. I promise to work hard on the review!

Who's that returning from the depths of forum ghosts past? Oh! It's me!
Old August 24th, 2006, 12:28 AM
Saffire Persian
Feline of Light and Shadow

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Saffire Persian
Your that eager to review, eh? Well, I wouldn't mind a good review for Metamorphosis .

It's not too long, as the story's not finished, but if length somehow or other steers you away I'm always eager to receive reviews for this one-shot The Ties that Bind

Take your pick of either, and take your time.

Battle ye not with a monster, lest ye become one.

Old August 29th, 2006, 07:08 PM
Negrek
Edgewalker

Well, if you're really that eager to review, I'd love if you could take a look at Vanishing Point for me.
Old September 19th, 2006, 06:49 AM
katiekitten
Is currently: Very happy

...I don't suppose you could review my newest oneshot, Possession? =D

Possession - Winner of Fic of the month! (September... 2006) xD
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here