• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2011] Pokémon Ruby Destiny - Life of Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2016
Thanks Kirby is very beautiful region, but Gentoo is very bare ...
How many cities are there in Gento can be visited?

At the moment? Four.
Snowsoft City, Rentelbud City, Ultima City and Sun Ford Town.
They're added sometimes. Jagold doesn't know for certain how many he will add. The ones visible on the map probably will end up being accessible.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
hmm yeah, since now with sheer luck i defeated it...hey guys, i don't know if some of you know this, but, yesterday i discovered a way to make money and rare candies in a legal way and easy, that means, in game without cheats...well, if you guys can say that i can pass or use a save from gpsp for psp into the gba pc emulator, i will try to do a video about it, since, you guys who started or are at a certain point are like..."man, this is good but, i can't buy that much items" or "why i have so low money?", i'll give a solution about these...the maze-like game at sparkle path...well, if i can, as i said, make a video with the following steps to have as much money and levels you want, but specially money for the ones who are havin problems with it...
It's more like this :D :
You beat your old friend in chips game, earn some money for selling the prizes and then you use them to have infinite amount of Rare Candies :D

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2013
How can I get pokemon such as the remaining elemental monkeys(Pansear and the other 2) or the starters (Bulbasaur and Squirtle)? Can I catch all of the pokemon in this single hack? What about the legendaries?

Eriah

A lost past, hidden in shadow.
Years

Zappy can still be beaten even by using 30-40 levels ;)

I actually beat Zapdos in my 20s, if I remember right. It was actually a VERY close call. My Vulpix finished him off. Since he had Double Team spammed and my hp was low, if my finishing attack missed, I'd lose. So the final turn decided the battle.

I recorded all my gym battles except the eighth, since I haven't had the time to get to her or even beat the Vessel in the first place...

Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2019

It's more like this :D :
You beat your old friend in chips game, earn some money for selling the prizes and then you use them to have infinite amount of Rare Candies :D

yes, first of all, if you want money, you must earn the item box wich says congratulations, you get thunderstone and a nugget, try to memorize the way you got to it, and repeat the process, then, try to get to the box that says aw...better lcuk next time, but, the one that gives rare candy, memorize the way you took and repeat the process, there you go, you will have lots of moneys and levels, but be sure to sell the thunderstones and nuggets and use the rare candies duh...XD or at least that's how i did it....and then wanted to share this discovering with you guys : D

Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2016
How can I get pokemon such as the remaining elemental monkeys(Pansear and the other 2) or the starters (Bulbasaur and Squirtle)? Can I catch all of the pokemon in this single hack? What about the legendaries?

Alrighty.
First off, no. Some of them are based on choices.

Charmander can be found in certain Mineral Caves and outside of Krystal Mountain.
Squirtle can be found to the right of Rintah Town in the grass.
Bulbasaur can be found to the LEFT of Rintah Town.
You can get one Elemental Monkey by doing a Quest for some woman in the house furthest north in Guardia Town. The one next to the entrance to Green Leaf.
I don't actually think you can find them all. You have to choose between some sometimes.

Legendaries...

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2012
Ooh looks interesting ive been looking for a good Hack to Nuzlocke. Is it difficult? How many 4th and 5th gen pokemon?

Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2016
Ooh looks interesting ive been looking for a good Hack to Nuzlocke. Is it difficult? How many 4th and 5th gen pokemon?

...It's harder than the original Ruby. You get less money and things are more expensive, although there's a chip game near Guardia Town that gives you Pearls, Big Pearls and Nuggets as rewards. It doesn't cost anything to play the Chip Game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZeaF6ikGvw

That's the Hevah Pokedex. Although Ditto is replaced by Tropius in the newer editions.

Years
  • Seen May 6, 2012
Whats wrong? I patched LOG to a Ruby (U) file using lips and it still wont work on VisualBoyAdvanced. White screen. Also I did use 128K on the save type as well.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Whats wrong? I patched LOG to a Ruby (U) file using lips and it still wont work on VisualBoyAdvanced. White screen. Also I did use 128K on the save type as well.
Have you tried VBA-M?

@Gold011: You don't say! I pretty much said the same...
@Kirby: I'd only add that Mew needs to be fed with Oran, Sitrus and Leppa (I think) berries to be obtained.

Years
I've finally solved my problem! I had to copy vBag saves into the same folder with my VisualBoyAdvance on my laptop. I've loaded the ROM save, finished the Dragon Castle event, saved again and copied the save back to my Nokia N95. I've also found out that the ????? instead of items in marts is vBag's fault! In my laptop VBA vendors got normal items and none of them has ????? in their list. I think all the people who have this glitch in vBag have to change their emulator to be able to buy from shop vendors and the evo stone seller. I don't care anymore because I bought a few stones while playing on my laptop. Anyways, problem solved and I'm happy :)
Do you know you just made my 6 years hack playing even more easier now. Previously i encountered many problems like this on my vbag also and had to stop playing . Thank you for your tip bro..

Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2016

@Kirby: I'd only add that Mew needs to be fed with Oran, Sitrus and Leppa (I think) berries to be obtained.

Oran, Sitrus and Pecha, actually.
Uh, okay, I'll do that.
EDIT:
I found more glitches. Yay...
#~As I stated below, Shedinjas are supposed to be Genderless.
#~Buizels/Floatzels have Hyper Cutter and Shell Armor as Abilities. They're supposed to have Swift Swim.
#~Towns and cities's Wild Pokemon might need checking, because it says in the Hevah Pokedex several Pokemon can be found in cities, (For example, it says Lugia can be found in Rintah Town.)
2py18k3.png

Here's my invisible Fisherman.
2ik2ov7.png

Uh, tile error. Near the right edge of the screen.
zujp6q.jpg

Bottom right. Stops at the edge.
1583tqf.png

Uh, scripty error thing.

Last edited:
Years
I have found a bug. I am playing the latest version (14)

In Rainleaf Town, I have been fighting the Gym leader several times to train my team. After finishing one of the battles, I went to the Safari Zone, and when entering the building, my character began moving automatically, and ended here:

bug1z.png

There I can't move...

Edit: And there is something I found weird... But it's not a bug, you may have done it intentionally:

strangezj.png

I think the image is self-explanatory...

Edit2: And there is something I forgot to mention. When the story branches, I entered the aircraft. In the area in which you meet Zoey and Rino, in the tall grass there, you find the Pokémon ?. But this is something you already knew, didn't you?

Sorry if my English is not good...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2013
I have to beat the league to get most of the legendaries?

As for beating the league itself - there's a legit exploit. Just take a max level Lapras with you. Give it Sheer Cold. you can also train and take a Frosslass since it has that attack as well. Since this move only has 5 PP take a few Leppa berries with you. I won't use this solution since it might ruin the game and is way too easy. I also think getting Rare Candies in the maze thing is making the game way too easy.

Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2016
I have to beat the league to get most of the legendaries?

As for beating the league itself - there's a legit exploit. Just take a max level Lapras with you. Give it Sheer Cold. you can also train and take a Frosslass since it has that attack as well. Since this move only has 5 PP take a few Leppa berries with you. I won't use this solution since it might ruin the game and is way too easy. I also think getting Rare Candies in the maze thing is making the game way too easy.

Meh. It's to make it easier to get your Pokemon to levels high enough to do the events later in the story.
Sheer Cold only has 30% Accuracy. Get a Deazone and teach it Death Rip. 70% Acc. 1 Hit KO. That's how I killed those absurdly powerful Ruby Destinies in the final event.

Last edited:

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years

Meh. It's to make it easier to get your Pokemon to levels high enough to do the events later in the story.
Sheer Cold only has 30% Accuracy. Get a Deazone and teach it Death Rip. 70% Acc. 1 Hit KO. That's how I killed those absurdly powerful Ruby Destinies in the final event.

It's actually higher.
Accuracy of OHKO attacks like Fissure and Sheer Cold is determined by the difference of your Pokemon's level minus the opponent's level, then added to the base accuracy.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years

Get a Toxic, no problem at all with those guys =)

It's actually higher.
Accuracy of OHKO attacks like Fissure and Sheer Cold is determined by the difference of your Pokemon's level minus the opponent's level, then added to the base accuracy.
No... that was in 1st generation maybe...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back