• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] «Sword Art Online: Sanctuary» [IC][T]

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

Godot dodged Phoenix's kick skillfully...or at least, he would have had he not shuttered at the sound of her screaming. Her foot hit him directly in the face, prompting him to step back a few beats. That didn't hurt at all, and he didn't mind the HP it took away. What really hurt was being called a pervert for a second time. That was what knocked him down. Literally. The kick itself didn't hurt, but to anyone else it would look like it did solely because of that. Apathy, with her hands behind her back and an omnipotent stoic expression, simply watched. Her eyes followed Godot, and then they turned back to Phoenix.

"Oh...Hello." Phoenix said, having calmed down.

"Hi." Apathy said. Apathy walked over to Godot and leaned over. "Get up. I hate overly dramatic primadonnas." Godot sat up slowly, as if her were recovering from a really hard punch in the stomach. Apathy turned back to Phoenix. "There's nothing I hate less than giving Godot Hell for being a shrewd pervert that takes advantage of women." Those words hit Godot like an arrow, and he fell back to the ground. Apathy glanced at him and then continued speaking. "I can't have you doing that, though. Unlike me, he seems to care about you for some reason or another." She looked in another direction, looking at nothing in particular. "I don't know what the deal is between you two..." She looked in another direction. "Not that I care, because I hate overly dramatic stories..." She finally looked back to her. "But there's clearly a wound there that your apathy puts salt on."

Godot returned to his feet and scratched the back of his head. "I...really am sorry. I just get worried, easily. I've always thought of you...well, I always thought of Shiren as something of a little sister. I'm terrified of losing her...and you." He didn't have any more to say about that...at least, not out loud. He left out the part about already fearing that Shiren was gone forever, but that was a thought that he kept repressed. "Well, me and Apathy'll be going now, crisis averted." He started to walk away, but he left a final message. "Oh, and thanks for helping Kagome out. She told me about a girl who gave her a cloak, and it only could've been you." With that, he waved and walked towards the dungeon again.

Apathy sighed and said under her breath, "He didn't even send her a friend request. Damn drama queen." She turned back Phoenix. "Well...I guess that's it. Bye." She waved as well before giving her attention to the supposed PK Pervert. "Hey, Izanagi." She held a <<Potion of Lesser Healing>> firmly in her hand, clutched it tight, and raised her leg directly upwards. "You better catch this or dodge this, otherwise it'll kill you." If Phoenix doesn't, that is. She brought her foot down with great force and threw the potion at him as hard as she could. "Bye." With that, she left the scene to catch up to Godot.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years

Lucina
Player level 15
Floor 2: Lone Tree -> Path to Urbus

As Lucina was walking, Robin followed her with the words "You'll need protection if their are any more of the mafia in here," Lucina looked at him with a quite irritated look on her face. "I doubt you can handle them alone, even if you're that skillful." Even though Robin just complimented her, she still felt really insulted for the things he said before the compliment. "Do I look like some helpless girl to you?" Lucina spoke with an obviously annoyed look on her face. She hated the kind of guys that think that girls can't fight the most. "I can perfectly handle these guys myself if the others choose to appear as well." Lucina crossed her arms and looked away from him, trying to hold her temper.

Ofcourse she knew that she just froze after seeing this balded guy again and there was a possibility that she would do it again after seeing another one of them but she has to get over these fears! Lucina was stronger, older and wiser now. "If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything." Lucina said, stopping after she sensed something following them.

Lucina took out her rapier and waited... waited until that something jumped at her and stabbed through it's chest without even looking at it. Lucina turned around to see that it was not just "something". It was a whole pack of «Salamander warriors». "I think we left the Lone Tree area." Lucina said as she held her sword in front of her. "Are you ready?" Lucina asked Robin with a grin across her lips. These monsters would mean EXP that Lucina has been wanting to get for a long time now.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
«火の鳥»
The Adorable Katana Warrior

Lone Tree
x
CHAPTER II,
Part VII:

"Rise from the Ashes"

"Hi. There's nothing I hate less than giving Godot Hell for being a shrewd pervert that takes advantage of women. I can't have you doing that, though. Unlike me, he seems to care about you for some reason or another. I don't know what the deal is between you two... Not that I care, because I hate overly dramatic stories... But there's clearly a wound there that your apathy puts salt on."

"I...really am sorry. I just get worried, easily. I've always thought of you...well, I always thought of Shiren as something of a little sister. I'm terrified of losing her...and you. Well, me and Apathy'll be going now, crisis averted. Oh, and thanks for helping Kagome out. She told me about a girl who gave her a cloak, and it only could've been you."

Hono frowned for a moment, but hurriedly caught up to Godot and Apathy. Walking behind them (dead-center in between them, albeit five steps back) Hono thought to herself for several moments as to what she should say. "Wait," she said to grab their attention and stop their walking. "It was my misunderstanding, and for that, I'm very sorry." She bowed forward toward Godot, and stood upright a few seconds after. "I did give her the cloak, but I did it because she deserved it... And Shiren isn't my name..." She paused. "It's... My title." She said this almost empty-mindedly, and only after she'd said it di the relevant memories come back to her. "I... I remember now..." When she looked to the two, her eyes glittered in a few blue pixels for a moment. "Shiren, P.A.T.P. Zero Zero One." She seemed to be saying this as if it was new to her as well (it was, but only because she'd forgotten).

"Shiren means 'test'... P.A.T.P. stands for Pre-Alpha Testing Program, and zero zero one is the identification number..." She looked at her own hand. "I don't remember how, or why... But I ended up being the first experiment to testing the NerveGear..." She frowned. "I don't think I wanted to, either..." Hono sighed, but then she seemed to light up with a realization. "But unfortunately for them, I also classified as one of the game's programs... Which is why I can do this...!" She lifted her right hand and swiped downward, but instead of the traditional menu, a console and keyboard menu appeared. "I just... don't remember any of the commands." She typed in a few different variations of Japanese characters, but each one resulted in an error. "erm... You said you knew me before...? What did I look like?"

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years

Robin - Lvl 11
Floor 2: Plains
HP: 55% - EXP: 57% - Col: 796

Robin & Lucina have formed a party together. Robin was making sure to keep a safe distance from Lucina, what with his anti-social status. Lucina didn't enjoy Robin's protection, mostly from certain words. She replies, "Do I look like some helpless girl to you?" Maybe Robin didn't word it out correctly. Robin took some time to think Apollo Justice Style of how to correct his words. Afterwards, he puts his hand down & speaks, "No, I think you're an independent woman...with a troubled past." Robin paused after saying woman for a moment. Talking is not his specialty. Strategy meetings are more his tastes. Just speaking to Lucina is already making him sweat. It's a good thing his hood is cover his face decently, otherwise Lucina would notice. She might notice anyway.

Lucina wanted to stand for herself, & Robin can understand that; however, even a little help is necessary to overcome obstacles. Speaking of obstacles, a monster, «Salamander Warrior», comes out of nowhere to attack the duo. Lucina counters back before she was hit.

Without even looking.

She must have a skill in hearing, or maybe not. That's not important. That «Salamander Warrior» was just a mere appetizer. A whole pack of «Salamander Warriors» surrounds the duo, preventing escape. Robin unsheathed his sword & took his stance with Lucina. This situation is either good or bad: Robin was gonna look for these guys anyway, but his sword's durability is a little low. He'll have to make sure he doesn't make any mistakes, otherwise, he'll be left defenseless, "..." Fears aside. "...You should be the first to know, my weapon is «Anneal Blade»." That aside. It's time for battle!

One of the Salamander's strikes at Robin from the left. He ducks & slashes diagonally upward at the enemy's chest. Another gangs up on Robin, leaving Robin to deal with two bullies. Just like old times...

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
Years
\\Nirvana/Nightmare - Col 56800//
\\Level 12 - Health 100% -> 64%//
\\Urbus: Second Dungeon -> Road to Urbus//

Ever since the last Nightmare outbreak, Nirvana had been grinding for forging ingredients on the second floor. He knew that people would be after him due to his attack on Saito. Even if he was told to kill the man, no one would understand. Why should they? He did kill the man and he even attempted to steal the boss drop box. To make it even worse, he actually managed to make it out of the boss room with the box's item, though he sold it back to one of them when he was offered a lucrative trade. That's not even mentioning that he came away with a legendary weapon, the sword Fiersome to be precise. But back to the matter at hand.

Nirvana was lucky in a sense, there just so happened to be a perfect spot for developing on the second floor. A place that had lower leveled monsters with a better chance of ingredient drop rate. In theory he could continue to level up and make some new gear, though what new gear he wasn't sure of. Perhaps he'd make something a little bit heavier than what he currently had, maybe he'd continue to use really agile armor. Whatever he decided to make he knew it needed to be stronger. Which is why he was here; to get the items needed to make new armor.

He was scavenging around for another enemy to kill when he found a couple of salamander warriors. They were both level six, but what made salamander warriors fierce was not their level but their combat style. It reminded Nirvana of fighting player killers, since these monsters had a reckless human-like fighting style. For many it would be a different experience, but Nirvana had plenty of experience with killing and trying to be killed, regardless of whether or not he liked it. The warriors seemed to be preoccupied with themselves, which gave Nirvana the time to go into <Hiding> and sneak up on them. Nirvana prepared the newly acquired Fiersome for a strike against one of the warriors. By this time he was standing directly behind one, and almost as quickly as he got into position he struck. The power of the fire weapon singed through the warrior, instantly killing it. Before the other warrior could react Nirvana was upon it with a <Draught of Delirium>. The flurry of strikes made short work of the salamander warrior and left Nirvana with a nice bit of loot. Each warrior dropped a set of five salamander scales, which would be enough for a piece or two of smaller armor. Paired with the tons of frog skin he had gotten from a horde of four eyed frogs earlier, he would hopefully have enough to make some armor pieces.

Now that Nirvana had enough items to forge a bit of armor he wanted to head back to Urbus to find a forge. His walk would first lead him to Marome, a small village that wouldn't really help him much with what he wanted. While on his way out of the village a couple of people started following him. Best case scenario would be that they just happened to be heading in the same direction, but he knew better than that. They had their eyes on him like a hawk, and whenever he looked like he was going to change directions they followed. About halfway in between Marome and Urbus the two people stopped Nirvana. Now that he got a good look at them he noticed they both wore uniform-like attire, with the main difference between them was that one was hooded while the other wore a metal mask. Uniforms never boded well with Nirvana, mostly because uniforms suggested that they were hired. The hooded stalker stared at Nirvana intently before speaking.

"You don't look like much, considering you caused such a riot back at the boss fight. I guess the saying's true, you can't judge a book by it's cover. Doesn't matter, though, seeing how we only gotta kill ya, right Reflejo?"

"That's right, Varagarv. Just gotta skin 'im and bring the liquidy sword back. Then we'll get payed real nice."

It was pretty obvious to Nirvana that these guys were PK hunters, but who was employing them was a mystery that he'd want solved. Another anomaly was that the two hunters' names, level, and player indicator wasn't showing. Was it some sort of trick? The answer would have to wait, because the hunters rushed him from both sides. They must have wanted to corner him in an attempt to divide his focus. From what Nirvana could tell the person called Varagarv seemed to be the leader, so he decided to focus on him. Nirvana figured that if he could eliminate the lead then the follower would fail. Varagarv and Reflejo's attacks were well coordinated as they timed strikes perfectly with one another, forcing Nirvana to take a blade in either the back or chest. Since Varagarv was in front of him he took the blade cleanly across his back while blocking the frontal attack. The damage was staggering, but the opportunity born from the block was useful. Nirvana used his <Delay> skill to slow Varagarv's recovery time and took the chance to set up a <Draught of Delirium>. Like many a time before, the flurry of strikes were devastating, paired up with the already strong Fiersome the damage would nearly take out a similar leveled opponent. That wasn't the case with Varagarv. One of the only things that could be observed about the mysterious hunter was his HP bar and even though each one of Nirvana's strikes landed they only took about half of his health away. Nirvana's situation was becoming increasingly grim. He was in a two on one battle against players who could hide their stats and appeared to be of significantly higher level than him. This definitely wasn't what Nirvana had planned on happening.

Sapphire Rose

Years

Lucina
Player level 15
Floor 2: Road to Urbus

Robin was quiet for a little bit until he said something totally unexpected. "...You should be the first to know, my weapon is «Anneal Blade»." With that he got hit from the left by a Salamander Warrior but ducked and slashed him diagonally upward the chest. Another one comes at Robin while 2 others are targetting Lucina. "U-Uhm.. O... Kay?" Lucina answered quite suprised. "Why is he telling me the name of his blade?" Lucina decided to tell him the name of her blade too since he said it too. "The name of my blade is...! ...... Damn, what is it?" Lucina realized that she never actually looked at the name of her blade. The two salamander warriors started attacking her and while she dodged them, she opened her menu to search for a name. Quite risky in a situation like this.

Lucina stabbed one the Salamander warriors while getting into her equipment list. "It's called... Flachion!" Lucina yelled at Robin. "Wait... WHAT?!" Lucina checked it once again and the name was still there. "What is this?! Some kind of joke?!" Lucina started swinging around with her sword in anger not realizing that she was killing some of the Salamander Warriors. As she started to calm down she started to realize that she was getting worked up about something stupid in the middle of a fight. "Sorry... got a bit carried away." Lucina said as she stood with her back against Robin's with her sword pointed at the enemies.

"Note to myself... remember to scold Kayaba for this joke." Lucina thought to herself. "Besides... Falchion wasn't a Rapier..." Lucina sighed. "Let's finish this, 5 more to go." Lucina eyed the Salamander warrior in front of her and waited for him to attack. As soon as started swinging his sword, Lucina's sword started glowing dark red. "Reapers Sorrow!" Lucina shouted as she used one of her sword arts. She stabbed him twice and finished the sword art by slashing the Salamander from his left shoulder to his right knee.

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

"Wait," Godot stopped immediately when he heard this. Apathy sighed, taking point behind Godot as he turned around. "It was my misunderstanding, and for that, I'm very sorry." Phoenix bowed, and Godot didn't really know how to react. He listened as she explained what Shiren was, or rather, what she was and what Shiren was in relation to her. Godot didn't ignore the strange phenomenon with Phoenix's eyes, nor did he ignore the rather out of place mannerisms she had, both physically and in speech, as if some of the information were new to her as well. "erm... You said you knew me before...? What did I look like?"

"What were you like before?" Godot responded. "Well, you were most definitely younger...I'd say somewhere in the tween age. At least, as far as appearance and personality were concerned. Let's see..." Godot tapped his chin as he looked in a random direction.

"She had a nice butt and she drove me crazy," said a voice behind him that seemed to be mimicking his own voice. A voice belonging to Apathy. This prompted a look of disdain from Godot, and Apathy looked shrugged in response. "What? I know you have a thing for young girls, so I thought maybe you didn't just go for teenagers. Why not tweens, too. They have assets, too." She joked around a lot more than expected. For a girl named Apathy who hated everything, she seemed to love humor. Even if he'd never heard her laugh or seen her smile. Pretty much any joke or sarcastic comment to come out of her mouth seemed like close to serious because of the permanent deadpan tone and expression that she had about her.

Godot turned back to Phoenix. "She had blue hair and pretty much exclusively war casual, clothing-esque armor. She also had blue eyes, relatively pale skin, and was about...yay high." Godot said, gesturing with his hand to indicate about how tall she was. He put his hand back down and continued. "So...in regard to Shiren...why was she so different then than the-"

"Sexy young co-ed right in front of me," Apathy cut in. This time when Godot looked back at her she quickly ran behind Phoenix.

Godot sighed and gritted his teeth. "Why are there differences between you and Shiren on a physical level, anyway?" He asked. "I'd say on a personality-level, too, but I don't really know the you well enough to compare the two of you." He paused for a moment. "Well, other than the fact that you both hit jut as hard as each other," he said with a laugh.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
«火の鳥»

Lone Tree
x
CHAPTER II,
Part VIII:

"Rise from the Ashes"

Actually blushing a bit from Apathy's mocking wooing, Hono shook her emotions off like rain water. She needed to remain serious and focused. "Blue hair... Clothes... Younger..." Hono closed her eyes, clearly trying to find some memory of this, almost to the point where it would appear to start hurting her to do so. "I..." She opened her eyes. "I think that was the appearance I had initially chosen when character customization was added in-game... Though by the look of things, that feature was taken out." She continued typing various commands into the console, each time turning up an error. "I lost my memory at some point, so if I acted differently, it was probably a version of me with no memory outside of the game... At all." She frowned a bit. "That... Mixed with the programmed personality of an AI Program..."

After a few more failures, Hono gave up and closed the console. "I still don't remember everything, but I remember a lot of basic things from the real world... Like my family, for example, math, Japanese, English, that kind of thing." She smiled a bit. "I assume my Kendo practices should still be a muscle reflex for me." She paused for a moment. "I also remember that my name is Hono, I specialized in fire moves and near-death strategies... Oh yeah, and clothing with the same protection as armor." She said the last part acknowledging the relation between her and what Godot probably knew of her before. "Last I remember in-game, we were in full alpha mode... Though something tells me this is the official release, considering how many different people I've seen..." She looked up to Godot with a look of mild curiosity. "I know my family came into the game, but they died trying to help me indirectly somehow..." She frowned. "I don't think I'm at home, either... Wherever my body is, it must have been there for a long time..."

She paused. "Have you by chance heard of a guild... Called the Black Azaleas?"

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years

Robin - Lvl 11
HP: 49% - EXP: 63% - Col: 850

Two monsters ganging up on Robin, but this is nothing new. Robin deflects a sword strike & counters with a stab, then back-steps from them. He's fought these guys before. He was a damn «Beater» for crying out loud! Everything has a weakness, even that damn Kayaba. Robin breathes steadily, the two «Salamander Warriors» coming in. It was a sword fight, Robin manages to strike at one of them in their weak point, dissolving into fragments that float into the sky. The other is dealt with afterward, but took a little longer. That'll cost his weapon's durability. It's showing on his «Anneal Blade».

Robin glanced at Lucina, insisting to continue assisting her. She was, however, taking the time to check her menu. Of all the places...! Was Lucina helpful or not? She was managing well for someone occupied with their menu while fighting monsters. She speaks... "It's called... Falchion!" That name doesn't seem familiar to Robin, but it does to Lucina as she reacts angrily to it. Not even Robin has heard of that name during the open beta testing. Lucina takes out three «Salamander Warriors» out of anger. Robin has no idea what's gotten into her. She better not let her anger control her, but rather, control it. She calms down afterward. Her emotions better not cost her.

Robin & Lucina face back to back against the rest of the pack, at least five more «Salamander Warriors» surrounding them. Robin inhales & exhales slowly, poised, his hood hiding his intentions. Can monsters even read facial expressions? "Let's go!" Robin shouts, following with a Sword Art, "Beautiful Luna!" Robin's sword glows a vivid white, then shapes the moon with a strike at the «Salamander Warrior» close by to the one Lucina dealt with with her own Sword Art, «Reaper's Sorrow». That was some Sword Art.

They continue fighting to no ends, insisting on living through this battle.

Perplexity

The Crazy One
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 28, 2013
Valkyrie & Surge

After a nice, long walk, Matthias and his new companion, he supposed, Valkyrie, entered the large city of Urbus. The snow was still falling and the light-greyclouds above them didn't seem to be in the mood for dispersing anytime soon. He breathed out again, a puff of white exiting his lips before disappearing again, curling his fingers up a little within the pockets of the short coat he was wearing underneath the cloak he had draped around himself. He didn't feel cold, but he enjoyed playing along with what everyone considered to be real.

"I know a quiet place we can talk, get something to eat or drink and not be bothered. This way." He gave a glance to the girl walking more or less paralel to him before turning down a small alleyway, away from the main street, where he caught a glimpse of the square with the large christmas tree sitting at the square with a red-clad figure sitting in a chair. Note to self, do whatever quests he has before the day's over. He led her through the small streets, out into larger ones and back into smaller ones again, eventually coming to a stop in front of a restaurant-esque tavern that was definitely out of the way of where people were usually bustling about. You'd still occasionally see a person or two walk by or inside, but it wasn't enough to bother Matthias. He stepped up to the door and pushed it open, turning to hold it for her, with a wry, almost mocking smirk on his lips at the notion. "Ladies first?"

With a resigned sigh, Elise accepted the offer of the door being held open for her. Normally she would have wanted to kick his teeth in, but that actually seemed to be the response he was looking for. "Oh, thank you so very much, sir," she lied with a sweet, mocking tone. "Do catch me if I faint, your charm has overcometh me."

Why had she agreed to come back here with him? She was a solo player, not some desperate noob who needed to team up. But his argument was so convincing. The idea that they both wanted the same thing, the possibility of getting rich, it was all too much to pass up.

"So, this is the dump you take all your girls to?" Elise asked, a teasing smile on her lips as she pulled up a nearby chair and sat unceremoniously upon it. Toggling her inventory, she decided it best to un-equip her weapon in the tavern, there was no real need for it. Gesturing to the seat across from her, she waited impatiently for the man to do likewise.

"Even if I deemed the majority of airheads playing this game worth my time, I probably wouldn't. Hard to say though." He replied as he took a seat, brushing the cloak back to free his arms, pulling down the hood as well. Noticing her putting her weapons away, he didn't seem bothered. The town was a no-fighting zone, so there wasn't any chance of him getting jumped, but he saw no reason to go through the trouble of unequipping them either. As the NPC waitress came over, he looked up at her. "Two hot chocolates."

As the NPC moved away from their table again with a small curtsey, he raised his arms, placing his elbows on the table, folding the fingers of his one hand with the other, looking at the girl across from his table with a very business-like look in his eyes. "Alright, so... I figure we should start out by talking terms. Whether there's something you want out of this partnership more than anything, and of course the same way with me. General do's and don't's, I suppose." He gestured to her with a hand. "Care to start?"

With a small giggle, Elise stretched back and looked at the man with great focus, her eyes searching him up and down as he talked and asked his question. She also found it funny how he ordered for her without even asking. The man had balls, she gave him that. He seemed confident and astute, if a bit chauvinistic from her first impressions. Thrumming her fingers on the digital table, her fingers still feeling the grain as if it were made of the finest oak, she thought about what she wanted from this partnership. Was there actually anything she wanted? Col, respect, fear? She finally knew.

"I want us to become fabulously wealthy, people to quake with fear when they hear our names and most of all," she paused and looked up at the ceiling. "I want us to kill so many 'clearing parties' that everyone gives up and we get to live here forever." A devious grin spread across her lips as she thought about it. "You know, the simple things."

At her final comment, Matthias broke into a little smirk, leaning back into his seat again, nodding his head softly. "Feared, respected and powerful. Shouldn't be too hard to come by." He furrowed his brows, putting on a more serious expression. "I do agree that we need to rid ourselves of alot of clearing parties, but you have to keep in mind that it can't be done quickly. We need to be slow and methodical, especially at first. We might not see alot of progress for... maybe fifteen or twenty floors. We need to grow stronger and become more influential ourselves before we can do anything 'properly'."

The NPC returned with two mugs of hot chocolate, placing them down on the table. Matthias picked one up and took a little sip, swallowing the supposedly hot liquid. He sighed out quietly. It tasted real enough, but the thought of knowing that it wasn't, was enough to annoy him. "What I'm saying is, we have to be patient. And we'll have to work together for a long time. And for us to do that, I feel a degree of trust is needed." He paused, swivelling the liquid around in the mug while looking at her. "And I think a good step towards that would be to reveal our real names. Of course, this isn't just me saying it has to be like that, this is me asking you if you agree, as your partner... in crime." He gave another small smirk and lifted his mug slightly in a "Go on" gesture.

"My name?" Elise just about spat out the hot sip of cocoa she had just taken in. It wasn't exactly the best manners to go about asking for real names and inquiring about IRL lives. Nobody in this game knew her real name. Now all of a sudden this boy wanted to know it.

"Uh, I don't think so buddy. I don't give anything away for free." She smiled and took another sip. The cocoa was good, creamy and chocolatey, just the way she liked it. "Since you are Mr. Curious, why don't you tell me your name first?"

"It's not due to me being curious, it's because it'll help us trust one another. If you're anything like me, you don't have an easy time trusting others." He waved a hand a little dismissively, taking another sip of his drink. "Mmh, but it's only fair that I start out, since I was the one suggesting it." He paused a moment, but nodded soon after. "My name is Matthias. We don't need to go into last names or the like, obviously."

"Matthias, huh?" She looked at him sideways, thinking about that name. "Not exactly the most common name," she goaded him. "Well, if that is actually your real name, and there is no telling that is the case, I'll tell you mine if you promise only to use it when it's just the two of us."

Squirming in her seat, she played with her armor absentmindedly. A nervous tick. "My IRL name is Elise. It's from a book my mother loved to read when she was a little girl. Where you from with a name like Matthias anyway?"

Nodding his head again, he lowered the cup after taking a sip, licking his lips while drumming the fingers of his left hand on the table slowly. "Mmh, of course, there's no way to know if either of us is telling the truth. That's where the trust comes in." He raised his brows a little as she told him where her name was from, which he didn't expect, and as she asked him where he was from, he gained a wry little smirk. "I suppose that doesn't matter much, unless you're planning to get out of the game, find me, and do something to me. I'm from England. Southern England, specifically. Elise sounds european though. Or am I wrong?"

Nodding, she admitted he was right. She held the cup closely to her palms, hugging it to them as if she were back at home drinking cocoa with her parents in front of the fire place. That was probably the only thing she was going to miss from back home. Winter was always very special and dear to her. "I'm from France, born and raised."

"France? Hmh, I suppose that makes sense." He slowly turned the mug in his hand, which was now placed on the table, glancing down at it. It was weird, he hadn't spoken to anyone, properly at least, since he entered the game. For a long, damn time actually. He wouldn't say he was enjoying himself, this was first and foremost business, but... he wasn't going to say that he wasn't either. "Either way... what we're doing might very easily end up in the both of us, or just one of us, dead. I think we'd both prefer that not happen, so... we stick together. We keep each others' backs safe and look out for one another, mmh? There are very few people out in the game right now, who wants to stay here and we need to keep each other safe." He said this with his brows furrowed, looking at her rather intently, making sure that she understood how serious he was about this, that he wasn't just going to toss their partnership away at the first opportunity.

For a reason she couldn't place, Elsie thought he was serious. His face and posture made it seem like this was something he thought very much about. Why was he so eager? Was he so sick of traveling alone? With a sigh, Elise thought about what she wanted to say. Did she want to commit to such a serious partnership? This was against practically everything she stood for in this game. It was supposed to be her at the top, not her and a right hand man…no an equal.

"Fine, I have your back if you watch mine. Just think it's fair to tell you…" Elise laughed and looked out the window as a woman passed by, going about her business. "That kid who hired me is going to be looking for you and now, me. Maybe we should think about taking him out first?"

Matthias relaxed, seeming satisfied with her answer as he leaned back into his seat once again, opening his inventory with a flick of a finger, rearranging a couple things. "Mmh... I was thinking about that. Do you honestly think he has the money to pay you? If he does, he might not be completely useless to us and we should hold off on killing him."

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

"The Black Azeleas?" Godot said with a noticeable question mark on his face. "Is that some type of PK guild?" He said the name to himself a few times in his head. "Have they been in the news or anything? I mean, the PKers I've met as of late have generally been solos." He looked to Apathy, who was now by his side. "Have you ever heard of them, Luka?"

Apathy looked up at him in disdain. "Don't call me Luka, that's not my name." Godot scratched his head, thinking that she would rather be called Apathy when around others. "My real name is Rise Amagawa-Evans...or just Rise Amagawa. I'm...Japanese-American." At first, Godot thought nothing of it. Then, he gave her a look of disbelief, and finally, he was surprised. She didn't give him time to voice his surprise. "Yeah, that's why I'm fluent in Japanese and English. Luka's just a name I use as an alias." She looked in another direction with a very slight, almost invisible blush. Her speech was somewhat hurried as well, making her sound almost embarrassed. "...And its my middle name. My mother was Japanese-American, too, that's why I don't really look Japanese."

"Why would you lie about that?" Godot asked once he had a chance, making sure to make periodic eye contact with Phoenix to assure her that she wasn't being ignored. This question prompted a punch in the stomach from Apathy.

"I told you already, I hate introductions! I didn't realize until after you called me Luka how much I actually hated you calling me that." That single exclamation was the most emotion Godot'd ever heard from Apathy. She turned to Phoenix and finally answered her. "I don't know them."

Godot, recovering from his attack of overly dramatic acting, returned to his serious composure. "So...does this mean that Shiren is gone?" Godot thought for a second. "No...she's not gone in any capacity. It was more like she was just a fragment of you, and that whole 'phoenix incident' back when we were fighting the boss resulted in her becoming her true self. Essentially." He paused. "But I can't say for sure that I've heard of the Black Azeleas."

Geras

Roleplayer
Years

Rikuto Yuuto Sato // Ryuusa Lv.7
Urbus
In store: Floor 1 - Kouki, Floor 2 - Ryuusa (Special Item: Berserk Ring / 2000 col)

December 23rd, 2022: Night
Rikuto was fast asleep. He had spent the almost the entire night exploring the floor for a good place to host the Christmas celebration, as well as trying to collect materials like he usually did. He couldn't farm materials from monsters, especially at his level and especially on floor 2, so he had to search for good rocks to mine instead. And so, by the time he made it to bed he was completely and utterly exhausted. He allowed himself to succumb to the sweet embrace of unconsciousness.

He lay there on his bed, alone in that room in the Urbus inn, unaware of anything, for most of the night. However, the feeling of another hand touching his began to stir him from his slumber. "Mizuki, what are you doing…" he muttered in his mostly-asleep state. There were some sounds, and after a few moments, the other hand let go. He finally started to open his eyes, slowly moving to an upright position. "What's wrong…" He began to say, still not entirely lucid, but the moment he reached his hand over to where his wife should have been and felt nothing, his eyes snapped open. Detection found a player very close by. He turned to face the front of his bed to see a cloaked figure motioning to plunge a knife into him.

Before he could react, however, another figure dashed by, tackling his initial assailant. The movement was so fast he couldn't see any details, especially in his current state. His savior was strong as well, as they picked up the mystery assassin, continuing to charge until they hit the window at the edge of the room. The glass structure shattered and both parties were flung out of it and plummeted to the ground below. Rikuto paused for a moment, still trying to figure out what just happened, before jumping out of bed and running to the broken window. He looked down below in an attempt to see the two mystery people, but by the time he made it both of them had disappeared.

Looking back at his room, there was a duel prompt that soon disappeared, claiming that the duel had been cancelled due to interference. He had almost died just now. Rikuto began a dash to the door, out of his room, then out of the inn, but apparently his stamina hadn't recovered very much at all. He didn't even make it to the door before he passed out from exhaustion once more.

December 24th, 2022
Morning came, and then it went, It wasn't until afternoon when Rikuto finally opened his eyes again. Had he really overexerted himself that much? He was surprised to find that he was face-first on the wooden floor of his room. Groggily, he rose. "Ugh… what the hell happened last night?" He turned around and saw the broken window. Now I remember… He doubted he would be able to sleep comfortably for a long time. He shuddered at the thought that there were people trying to kill him, and that they could do so and he wouldn't even know it, provided the assassin had a good enough hiding skill. He was lucky to have taken Detection. What didn't make sense was that neither that assassin nor any other killed him during his forced sleep after that incident. It would have been very easy taking out an unarmored level 7 player with no stamina, and probably not too hard to find assassins at least level 12 or so. That which didn't make sense was what worried him the most.

Despite everything, Rikuto still had work to do. Specifically, he had to set up a Ryuusa's Quality Goods location on floor 2, and set up the Christmas party. He had figured out where he planned to hold it, so he opened his menu to send a message. He found that there was an unread message as well as an announcement. He opened the message first.

Subject: Store

The crafting department of the first floor is officially up! Camlann is incredible! Check out this item he added to the store! He only had enough stuff for one, though… but still!

Berserk Ring
Effect: Nullifies the user's armor's protection, but in exchange greatly increases attack power.

Pretty cool, huh? I figure it would sell faster on floor 2, so I'm coming up to give it to you.

P.S. Looking forward to the party tonight!

Rikuto flinched. He hadn't even bought a location for the floor 2 store yet. His search the previous night revealed that while locales in Urbus were actually slightly cheaper than in the Town of Beginnings, they were still very expensive. He tried comparing the risk to the reward when he realized that he still hadn't factored in the addition of Calmann and Princess. Princess would be able to help him draw customers, especially because there weren't very many player shops on the second floor yet, and if Camlann was capable of making a ring like the Berserk ring, then his other wares must be quality as well. Also to consider was Camlann's high level and seemingly great combat abilities. The titan would probably be good at collecting rare materials from monster drops, meaning that the Berserk Ring might not be the only rare ring to come.

In the end, he decided that it shouldn't set him back too much for too long. A head start was going to be very beneficial as well. As he began walking, he opened his menu to look at the announcement. Apparently there was going to be a Christmas event at the Lone Tree today. That sounded like fun, so he decided to factor it into his plans. He moved back to the messaging section and selected 'compose message'.

To: Kouki ; Xenith ; Slvrmist ; Princess ; Camlann
Subject: Christmas

Today the store will close at 4:00 for the Christmas event at 5:00 at the Lone Tree on floor 2. Afterwards, there will be a trip to the hot springs and finally a gift exchange at an Urbus restaurant. I will be paying. No part of this is mandatory, but your attendance would be appreciated.

By the time he hit send, he had just reached the exit to the inn. He pushed the door open to find himself surrounded by white. The snow was beautiful. He took a step forward and felt his boot sink into the soft snow underfoot. Rikuto realized that it hadn't really sunk in that it was Christmas, but the snow helped do just that. Christmas… most romantic holiday of the year, eh? He sighed, wondering how Mizuki was handling it. After a few moments of reminiscence, he shook his head furiously to snap back to reality. He had a store he needed to set up, and he had to do it before Kouki arrived. The message had been sent not too long ago, so if he hurried he should be able to make it.

Rikuto took a good look at his new store. It was smaller and a little less… pristine than the one on floor 1, but it was good enough. The place was stocked with fewer goods than the one on floor 1 as well, but he made sure to bring the ones of higher quality to sell to the higher level players on this floor. The Berserk ring was also up on display. The ring was of a sleek metallic black with a single ruby set in and illegible white runes inscribed around the band. Camlann was truly an impressive craftsman. It made him think of his own work. He was nowhere close to making armour and weapons equivalent in quality to that ring, but his focus on forging rather than levelling was helping him catch up to the other blacksmiths. His early days in the game really set him back, but he could tell he was getting close to matching players who didn't specialize in the art.

Rikuto briefly debated calling in Princess to work, but he decided against it considering that he had promised her holidays off in her application. In fact, it was only he and Kouki working today. Camlann hadn't even been obligated to supply anything today, yet he came up with the ring. He was glad that Kouki had found such a dedicated employee. Moving to his place behind the counter, Rikuto set about completing one last task. He opened the message menu and again selected 'compose message'. This was one bit of business he was reluctant to go through with.

To: Nirvana
Subject: Business

I hope you haven't forgotten our little arrangement, Nirvana. I'm expecting some news on rare items on your part sometime soon, and if not then unfortunately I will have to end our deal. On my part, however, I recently got a hold of a rare item called the Berserk Ring. 2000 col, negates your armor in exchange for a sharp boost in attack power.

I hope for your continued business.

He didn't like doing business with a PKer, especially after that mess with Saito, but in the end business was business. With that done, he finally took a relaxing breath and prepared for customers.

(OOC: ) Instead of making a big ol' price list like before, just have your character ask for a specific item type (e.g. light armor, curved swords) and I'll list the prices of that specific item. At least until PS and SD finally make that official price list.

Last edited:

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
«火の鳥»

Lone Tree
x
CHAPTER II,
Part IX:

"Rise from the Ashes"

"Is Shiren what she goes by...?" Hono wondered aloud. "I know she still exists somewhere... I'm not sure how to bring her back out though." She shook her head. "The Black Azaleas... They're the ones that murdered my family." The thought brought her back into a dulled mood, but she tried her best to shake it off. "I got the recording last night... But who knows how long ago it was recorded." She pulled out the recording and tapped it to play.

"Look, I don't have much time, so I've got to make this fast." The deep voice spoke, so high-quality that it sounded like it was right beside them. "If you are listening to this, you're in the official release of SAO, and dying in the game means dying for real. I know you can't remember a whole lot, but your mother, your brother, and myself are all in the game. We bought the game and joined it to save you, wherever you are. But I'm afraid our games end here. We indebted ourselves to a PK Group to help you further, but I'm afraid we couldn't pay them back, and they're taking our lives as payment. Please don't cry, I know this is going to hurt you a lot, but you've got to recover from it, you've got to make it out of this game! I don't know what you'll do without the three of us, but you'll think of something. You're too young to die, especially over a game! You've got to recover from this stronger than you were before! Is that not what you named yourself as, a Phoenix?" There is an unintelligible shout in the background, getting louder. "I'm out of time. Please remember Hono, we all love you, we've always loved you and we'll never stop lo--" The voice ended with the sound of metal slicing through the air and crashing into something. A woman's scream is heard in the background, and after some quick footsteps, the recording stops.

Hono, at this point, seemed almost unphased by the recording. "I've listened to it over twenty times now... And I can faintly hear 'The Black Azaleas' in the background..." Her left hand, resting over her katana's hilt, had begun gripping tightly. "I'm going to avenge them... I just need to find them." She sighed, shaking the topic out of her mind's forefront for a while. "I'm Japanese-American as well. My father visited Japan purely for a vacation, but he'd enjoyed it so much he stayed. He'd also met my mother during that vacation, and they have been together--" She paused. "They were together ever since." She closed her eyes, a stray tears forming in her eye, though she wiped it away and held back any more from appearing. "I've got to be at the Lone Tree tonight, but I don't have any other plans for today. Grinding might be nice... The snow makes this world so much more beautiful, I want to just explore it until I get lost..."

Dualik

Eloquent Trainer
Years
Player: Razanagi
Level: 13
Floor: 2: Fields
HP: 28%

The potion of lesser healing, as he chugged it down, restored a meager 25% of Joshua's HP. It really wasn't an extraordinary amount... but it would save his life for the time being. He was grateful for it and as such he didn't complain about the potions fairly weak results OR the fact that the player who had been so kind as to give it to him had gotten his name wrong. Speaking of the other players... they had seemed to have completely forgotten about his existence altogether. They stood a small distance away... discussing things that obviously did not concern him.

To say he was annoyed was an understatement, in return for his concern for another human life he had received naught more than an accusation of perversion, a swift kick that could have flat out killed him and a <<Potion of Lesser Healing>>. So yes, to say he was annoyed was a little underwhelming. With that state of mind, Joshua decided that this group of ignorant players deserved a severe "talking" to... but then something very interesting caught his eye.

As he was about to stand up, he froze while looking towards the other three players... he noticed something strange about the young girl whom he had originally approached... something about her GUI in particular. Rather than the typical GUI that he and every other player had access to, what seemed to float before her was a virtual keyboard... surely it wasn't possible but... did she have access to console commands? It was true that Joshua didn't know all too much about the behind the scenes mechanics of SAO, but alot of other games (RPGs being no exception) had console commands, so why not this one?

He stopped attempting to get up, the others hadn't exactly been paying any attention to him to begin with... so he hoped beyond all hope that they weren't doing so now. Moving as silently as he could, Joshua slowly edged his way behind the lone tree and out of sight of the others before activating his "Hide" skill. Once invisible to the naked eye and hopefully completely hidden as a result, he silently moved back to the other side of the three and began to listen as best he could to the end of the ongoing conversation between them... whilst avoiding getting too close, of course.

It was the girl who had the console at her command who spoke first. From what he had already gathered, she seemed to go by the moniker "Phoenix".

"I'm Japanese-American as well. My father visited Japan purely for a vacation, but he'd enjoyed it so much he stayed. He'd also met my mother during that vacation, and they have been together--" She paused for a moment. "They were together ever since."

Joshua raised an invisible eyebrow at her odd self-correction, had her parents simply divorced one another? Or... could it have been something worse?

"I've got to be at the Lone Tree tonight, but I don't have any other plans for today. Grinding might be nice... The snow makes this world so much more beautiful, I want to just explore it until I get lost..."

Joshua winced slightly at that. He had planned on returning to the first floor to stock up on supplies but... this girl, he had to keep watching her... even following her if necessary. It was incredibly strange that she had access to a console, especially if she was just a regular old player. But it was for that exact reason that he needed to follow her. He had heard of PKers, sneaking up on sleeping players in the middle of the night and moving their hands to force them into accepting a duel... if they could do that... then maybe, just maybe he could manipulate her sleeping arm to activate a command on her console. He contemplated asking her directly of course... but being refused was not a risk he could take.

Why would he do such a thing? One might ask, but the answer was incredibly simple. He needed to use one very specific command on the console. He didn't know if it even existed within SAO... but he knew it existed in alot of other MMORPG's that he had played in the past... and if there was even the slightest chance that it might succeed then he was willing to take any number of risks to use it.

The command in question? An obvious one for someone in his position.

"Find player: [playername]"

Sapphire Rose

Years

Lucina
Player level 15
Floor 2: Road to Urbus

Lucina noticed that there were only three of them left and decided to deal with the one that was about to hit Robin in the back. "I think not!" She shouted as she stabbed her sword through it's back and caught it's attention. "Robin, deal with the other two while I deal with this one!" Lucina yelled, noticing that this one appeared to have a higher level. "This one is stronger..." Lucina said quietly as she stood in her fighting stance. She found herself reliving one of her own memories.

---

Lucina laid on the ground while an older boy stood in front of her with a large smirk across his face. The bully obviously found it fun to intimidate her because he kept coming closer after he had pushed her on the ground. Lucina quickly sat back up and hid her face behind her arms. "L-Leave me alone!" She shouted as the clothes she was wearing were dirtied by the mud on the ground. The rain drops splashed on her face as she closed her eyes firmly. This was the worst vacation to the U.S that she ever had.

"How dare you against a girl." Lucina suddenly heard someone say. She looked up and found a boy, also older than her, standing in front of her. "Get lost or else I'll beat you up as well." The bully replied. The two began to fight and to Lucina's suprise, the boy that came to rescue her won. The bully fell to the ground and tried to get away as fast as possible. Once he was gone Lucina tried to see the face of the boy that rescued her, however, he wouldn't let her. She could only see his white hair and the back of his head. "U-Uhm... Thank you..." Lucina said shyly as she tried to stood up.

"My name is Patricia... what is yours?" Lucina asked with a smile on her face, obviously happy that the bully was gone and impressed by how easily her rescuer had won. The boy partly looked at her but it wasn't enough for Lucina to see his face. Without giving an answer the mysterious boy ran away. "W-Wait...!" Lucina shouted but it was too late. Lucina was still amazed and stared at her hands before trying to do the same moves as her rescuer did.

---

Lucina woke up from her flashback and watched the pixels of the Salamander Warrior fly away with the wind. She blinked a few times from her flashback because it was something that she had almost forgotten. It kinda made her smile though. She hoped to meet this mysterious boy again someday even though she never saw his face. "Are you alright, Robin?" Lucina asked as she turned to him.

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
Turnip
HP 68% | LV. 14 | XP 32% | Col 1740
Location - Floor 2: Urbus

So… Christmas. And today is Christmas Eve. Yeah, I remember now. Damn, how did I forget about that? It's high time for new gamers; it's hardly an entirely 'real-world' thing. And they have all those Easter-egg things, despite it not being Easter. Hmm… if I'm going to be going with multiplayer games, I should probably try to tone down my immersive nature. As much as that kind of sucks.

Turnip struck down one last <Buffalo> before making his way into the city of Urbus. It was here that he actually noticed people getting into the 'Christmas spirit', as it were. Christmas back in reality served as a joyous time to help stave off the general misery of winter. Here, it helped those trapped to forget about the dangers and enjoy themselves properly. Of course, there were those like Turnip who were mostly unfazed by being trapped in Sword Art: Online, but they, too, seemed a bit happier than normal. Hell, even Turnip couldn't deny feeling a little better at the lifted spirits surrounding him.

The armoured figure headed directly to the main square, where he could get a better view of his surroundings. There had to be a blacksmith somewhere close… The Lone Tree caught his eye on the horizon again. He had to check that out sometime soon – there had to be some kind of quest over there, maybe some interesting mobs. It was certainly an interesting landmark- wait, was that…? Turnip watched, confused, as he picked out a figure flying upwards into the tree's branches.

What in the Nine Hells is going on over there? I'm going to have to- wait, you know what? I don't even want to know. No way I'm about to follow that poor bastard's lead. Well, that's if I'm not hallucinating or something, I… phuh, forget it.

Turnip straightened and strode off as a blacksmith caught his eye. His sword could probably do with a bit of repairing after the boss fight, and maybe a bit of upgrading, too, if he could manage it. The armoured figure shambled in, plonking the assorted loot on the counter and burbling:

"Ughhere'ssomelootI'msellingitgimmesomemoneyyouprick! Buh."

The blacksmith smiled onwards blankly. "Five-thousand two-hundred and sixty col. A pleasure doing business with you."

"Thank youp." (Not a typo. Turnip decided to have a 'p' at the end for no discernible reason.) "Aaaand if you don't mind I'll just use your forge because NPCs'll let you do whatever you bloody well please with their equipment thanks… I summon thee – Hammer of Destiny!"

And so Turnip's forging got underway. He'd probably still be on the lookout for a new sword, so he didn't think that he'd improve "Composite Long Bow +1" too much, though he'd certainly repair the weapon. Maybe he could improve Boomeraxe a bit, too; he hadn't really thought about that. He didn't think armour would be a problem for a while, though if he saw anything good then he might nab it up. It felt good to have a decent amount of col again.

Let's see, then… I can use <salamander scales>? I would've thought it'd be a more sort of armour thing… Ah, for use in grips for better traction and handling… I've got a few, might as well use them. I doubt it's as if I'll never see a salamander warrior again…

The armoured figure unsheathed his weapons, placed the salamander materials on the grips, then tapped them once. He smirked as they immediately bonded. And they say there's no magic in Sword Art: Online… heheh. The grips didn't look bad, as one could possibly expect from salamander scales; they'd mellowed into a slightly paler, darker colour on bonding and the material seemed a little less raw and animal. Turnip picked the weapons up and spun them in his hands once. They felt alright, definitely not any worse. He wasn't entirely sure how the game could implement any better grip for the weapons, considering how he already used them, but he supposed he'd just have to try them out.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years

Robin - Lvl 11
HP: 32% - EXP: 69% - Col: 904

Lucina defends Robin from a nearby attack from a «Salamander Warrior», leaving her to deal with it. That leaves Robin with two remaining «Salamander Warriors». It's all or nothing.

One of the opponents attacks Robin horizontally with his weapon, while Robin defends himself from his attacks. He barely avoids the other «Salamander Warrior's» attack, costing him some of his HP. Focus, Robin. Robin clashes his sword at his opponents, alternating between the two «Salamander Warriors» as quick & careful as he can. When the opportunity rose, Robin takes the chance to pierce through their weak spots. Eventually, the same time as Lucina, the «Salamander Warriors» are eliminated & disperse into small fragments. It's over, & his sword barely made it through, as well as himself. He's in the yellow zone, & that presents a problem.

With the battle ended, Robin finally takes a breather, taking off his hood. "I'm okay," he replies to Lucina's concern. His fatigue bothers him a little, his HP is low as well as his sword's «durability», «Anneal Blade». They need to head back to town now. There's no time for a break. "Let's go," Robin commands & already walks his way to «Urbus», with no intention of making idle chat with Lucina until it's safe. He hopes they won't have to chat so closely as friends.

Friends can be loved...& lost.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

Godot gritted his teeth both in anger and in senseless regret as he listened to the recording. His fists followed suit. He did his best to keep the anger from his mug, maintaining a mostly straight face and redirecting his anger. This anger only grew as Phoenix struggled to hold back tears. However, instead of tensing up, he closed his eyes and took a deep breath, relieving the tension that filled him. He knew that getting angry wouldn't change anything at that point. What was more, however, Phoenix was holding back her feelings, as if to act strong, and Godot didn't like that. It was unhealthy, and she would only harm herself with bottled up emotions.

Godot embraced Phoenix. It may have seemed awkward or perverted to Phoenix, and he expected some sort of snide comment from Apathy such as, "Taking advantage of a girl while she's down? You really are despicable." It didn't matter, though. He knew all too well the type of rash decisions one could make if they let contained emotions evolve and pervert. "I don't know why you feel that you need to hold back in front of me. I understand that you don't remember me, but the least you could do is release that stone mask and let the tears run."

Godot pulled back but maintained close eye contact and a stern expression. "I'm not going to say I'll avenge your family. No, that's your job, and frankly, it'd be all to idealistic for me to think I could take down an entire PK guild alone. But what I will say is that my life is yours to use as you wish until you avenge them. Use me until I break, and take your emotions out on me when your anger or sadness border on flowing. All I ask in return is that you'll cry when it's all over."

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017

Maria Renée {Princess}
Guild: The Flaming Blade
Level: 13

Maria was sitting on a bench with her eyes closed as she played her flute the soft gentle melody going through the air. Not seeing many others around she decided against guild recruiting for the time being and sat to practice her music skill. She took a breath as she opened her eyes to see a few players nearby looking at her as she played but she ignored them as she continued the soft melody until she heard her inbox beep. Putting her flute in her bag she opened it to see the message.

Subject: Christmas
Today the store will close at 4:00 for the Christmas event at 5:00 at the Lone Tree on floor 2. Afterwards, there will be a trip to the hot springs and finally a gift exchange at an Urbus restaurant. I will be paying. No part of this is mandatory, but your attendance would be appreciated.

Reading the message Maria decided to go, she knew Psyche would want her to enjoy her birthday. Noticing Zeus walking towards her she closed her inbox and put her flute away. "Hi" she said as the older boy sat next to her. "Where's Poseidon?"

"He's off looking around at houses, we might buy one on this level for us" Zeus said looking at her.

"I think we should wait" She said quietly. "if we buy one now what happens if we find a floor we like better than this? Plus I'm not fond of the terrain here" she said looking back. "The shops having a Christmas Party tonight...will you guys go with me?"

"your right Princess" Zeus smiled at her and ruffled her hair. "of course we will. I'll head off to find Poseidon and tell him not to look at houses" he stood, "meet us later back at the inn okay and don't leave the town without telling us"

"Yes Zeus" Maria said looking up at one of the boys she saw as a brother. Even though she was guild leader she would do as he asked. After her guild-mate left Maria walked around town looking at the shops until she found Ryuusa's and entered seeing him behind the counter. "Hello"

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
«火の鳥»

Lone Tree
x
CHAPTER II,
Part X:

"Rise from the Ashes"

Godot hugged her, much to her own surprise. "I don't know why you feel that you need to hold back in front of me. I understand that you don't remember me, but the least you could do is release that stone mask and let the tears run. I'm not going to say I'll avenge your family. No, that's your job, and frankly, it'd be all too idealistic for me to think I could take down an entire PK guild alone. But what I will say is that my life is yours to use as you wish until you avenge them. Use me until I break, and take your emotions out on me when your anger or sadness border on flowing. All I ask in return is that you'll cry when it's all over."

Hono looked to the floor for a few moments, lost in thought. When she looked back up to him, she closed her eyes. "I can't show weakness... Not yet. I've got to stay strong... I'll rise from my own ashes, and I'll make the Black Azaleas, Kayaba, and all of the cruel people burn... Personally." Her look was equally if not more stern than Godot's, though her look was one of hardened determination, as if her eyes were lit up in small, green flames. This was followed by a look of pain as she watched the snowy floor blankly. "I can't slow now... We still have ninety-nine floors to finish, right?" She smiled faintly toward Godot. "I'll worry about my feelings when I make it out of this game... Wherever I am." Hono paused, thinking to herself. "I have to find the Black Azaleas... I have to find the mystery sender... And I have to train, really hard."

Back