• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
Years
If/When new RPers comes flyin' in, I won't hesitate to welcome them. I may act out sometimes, but I try to be friendly so no one hates me.

xD & which kind of Roxas are you talking about? Sora's nobody?

Indeed. Rokusasu is the Japanese romaji for Roxas. I'm a massive Kingdom Hearts fan - though I hate role playing made up characters. XD If there's ever a KH RP then I prefer it to be with canonical characters (though I don't say no to AUs).

I wasn't aware of the mentor thing but I might check it out. We have a scheme at uni whereby second years and possibly third years are assigned first year students to help them settle in, be it giving advice about writing or just showing them where the library is. Oh to be a senpai again.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Ahh, the RPAs are here. :3 I think I'm a bit too early to vote on who's the best & stuff. I've been here for what.. two weeks? But alas, I wish everyone luck if you get nominated & stuff!

Also, are all of you aware of PC's mentor team? Link to the mentor team thread

It's a program where veterans to boards adopt new members and teach them the ropes. Right now we have 2 mentors for the RPC (Miss Doronjo and myself).

Appreciate the advertisement! xD Right now we're slow on newbies interested in RPing, but encouragement is allowed! <3

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
NOMINATE ANYWAY MEG! THE MORE, THE MERRIER!!!

I'm too much of an ass to be a mentor. And lazy, as people like to tell me. d:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Well, at least the nominating period lasts a couple of weeks, so I'll have time to observe/lurk/nominate/etc. :3

I... noticed. xD

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
Haha as far as I've seen there seems to be a high demand for mentors who can help out in Emulation. I wish I could help out in that, but I quit Emulation as soon as I started RPing. xD

Anyways, I had originally decided to stay away from the RPAs this time... but I guess I could vote. Probably.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
@Rokusasu: That's very interesting. PS & I are also fans of Kingdom Hearts! Actually, PS was planning some time later in the weeks that she's gonna post a Kingdom Hearts RP. She & I will both GM the RP, so I think we can get it in soon/now. Roxas is my favorite character!

The RPAs have started huh. Let the voting commence! :3

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Like I said, you really don't have to be a long time or an 'experienced' roleplayer to nominate. There are specific categories, like best rookie and most improved for those who haven't been here to long.

you can also just nominate specific categories if you don't wanna nominate in certain sections. We like to make this a fun thing!!

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Starting my new supernova, I want to also clean my 'track record' of failed RPs. If what people are telling me is correct, the reason for so few sign ups is a lack of interest. I am really going to put effort into my Roleplays, so that they don't turn out like that.

Speaking of which, I had an idea that I feel I should interest check before I even consider.

徳清アキオ said:

Kanto is in chaos. A new, and completely unidentified organization has been rumored to be the cause, though no one really knows. An invisible virus has spread, contaminating every water source. It's effects are most sinister, causing all humans infected by its cruel germs to become mentally unstable. The peak of insanity is reached within five minutes of contamination, or less. The infected gain supernatural abilities, at the cost of any sanity they previously had. Their powers seem to be based off of Pokemon attacks, and vary depending on the person. Madness and Power have never mixed well together. These new metahumans have become unsatisfied with water and food, instead aiming specifically for a new meal: Pokemon flesh and Pokemon blood. the metahumans have been known to even kill each other over their new lifestyle choice, fighting endlessly for food. The human population is steadily decreasing, while the Pokemon population is nearly wiped out.

You play as a Pokemon, who is somehow still alive in this apocalyptic world. Your choices are your own. Some Pokemon are off in search of answers, or maybe even some solution to this horrible outbreak. Others simply run and hide, or fight for survival. Whatever your plan, you'd better watch your back.​

Last edited:

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Why do I have the feeling that I'm never important & that I'll never win any kind of RPA...

You are important Daiasan! Stop doubting yourself and try to improve! machomuu is helping PinkSapphire by critiquing her posts so that she can improve! Why don't you do that? I might help critique you, considering I have the time.

Well, with that mindset, that's how things'll be. Stop downing yourself and just do your best to get better.

This is fun and all... But can I get some feedback on my interest check?

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Years
So, the RPA's are up, Anyways, here's the plot of my Adveture Time RP I've been working on. I am just checking if you would join it... =3 Here's is the storyline....

And here is the link to the Wikipedia page...

gunnerpow7 said:
30 years after the series, a lot has changed in The Land of Ooo. Here's what happened so far. It seems that the Ice King's fanfiction was true. Well, except for the storyline. It seems that there is a Land of Aaa and the beings there are gender-opposite to the ones in Ooo. Princess Bubblegum became queen, 12 years later, as she bore a new heiress to the throne. Queen Bubblegum named her daughter, Gumdrop. No one except Queen Bubblegum knew who the father was. Marceline, now 1,030 years old, still looked 19. She currently lives at her old house, which is the Tree Fort. Lumpy Space Princess finally managed to find herself a new boyfriend. Coincidentally, her new boyfriend is Lumpy Space Prince, in the Land of Aaa. Tree Trunks, now old and weary, decided to retire her business as an Apple Pie baker. Cinnamon Bun, although somewhat idiotic and humorous, was promoted by Queen Bubblegum, to be a messenger to and fro from The Land of Ooo and Aaa. Jake and Lady Rainicorn are happily married and they are the proud parents of 1 rainbow dog named Steve, and 1 orange Rainicorn named Princess Oranicorn. And last, but not the least, Ooo's greatest hero, Finn, is missing for a month now.

Your task is to find Finn...

So... How about it?

Pkmn Trainer Butthead

Proto (Not the *****)
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I agree on Rokusasu here. WestsideConnection's idea sounds interesting though - if it is carried out by a devoted GM. Because I think it would need a GM, regardless if there would be actual sign ups or not.

As for the system of not letting people post until they've gotten "good enough", I couldn't be more against it. Rather than be intimidating against new roleplayers, veterans should help out new players and encourage them to improve by trying for real instead of being pushed away to some newbie section. Then again, I don't think anyone here is downright intimidating now :3

Also, I need to think more about that, Roxas. Show, not tell...

That is the thing involving such a project, a dedicated GM. (Continuing on with describing PTA) Someone who knows the ropes and is willing to give pointers. If there is such a person who is willing to devote to such a project, the RP would turn out very well.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Why do I have the feeling that I'm never important & that I'll never win any kind of RPA...

Because it's true.

I would like to formally withdraw myself once more from any voting in the member awards, including Best Roleplayer, Best Game Master, Best Sign-Up Writer, and any of the others. Please give others a chance to win.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
Because it's true.

I would like to formally withdraw myself once more from any voting in the member awards, including Best Roleplayer, Best Game Master, Best Sign-Up Writer, and any of the others. Please give others a chance to win.

That was the most polite and not vein thing I've ever seen in my entire life... Like, over 9000 times.

__

Also... Can I PLEASE get some feedback to this idea? It might be my next RP, if it finds an interested audience.

Kanto is in chaos. A new, and completely unidentified organization has been rumored to be the cause, though no one really knows. An invisible virus has spread, contaminating every water source. It's effects are most sinister, causing all humans infected by its cruel germs to become mentally unstable. The peak of insanity is reached within five minutes of contamination, or less. The infected gain supernatural abilities, at the cost of any sanity they previously had. Their powers seem to be based off of Pokemon attacks, and vary depending on the person. Madness and Power have never mixed well together. These new metahumans have become unsatisfied with water and food, instead aiming specifically for a new meal: Pokemon flesh and Pokemon blood. the metahumans have been known to even kill each other over their new lifestyle choice, fighting endlessly for food. The human population is steadily decreasing, while the Pokemon population is nearly wiped out.

You play as a Pokemon, who is somehow still alive in this apocalyptic world. Your choices are your own. Some Pokemon are off in search of answers, or maybe even some solution to this horrible outbreak. Others simply run and hide, or fight for survival. Whatever your plan, you'd better watch your back.

Pkmn Trainer Butthead

Proto (Not the *****)
Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Because it's true.

Now I'm fresh out of who to vote for.. :) Jk, I can make decisions now.

@ 徳清アキオ: I like the idea, I believe it could work.

I'm not even going to reply to any moping anymore.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Akio-kun- looks cool :) i would join that ^^

EDIT: akio-kun- thank you for nominating me in the RPA's :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
So... How about it?

NEEDS MORE STUPID.

I'm serious, Adventure Time is stupid. It needs more ridiculous notions. I thought it said Princess Bubblegum and Marceline had a child together which I thought was great until I read it again.

RIDICULOUS NOTIONS. YES. GO.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023

Lol I'm pretty sure something like this isn't allowed.

@Zerin (Gah, cba to c&p those japanese chars): It sounds like a good ol' fashioned zombie RP. I'm interested, not sure I'll join but I am definitely interested in seeing where this will go. Is it something similar to Resident Evil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back