• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

droomph

weeb
Years
I've grown to dislike top 40 music so much that if I hear someone mention a song title from an artist, I look it up online. If I see it on any top 40 charts, I instantly hate it.

That's right. I've gained the ability to hate a song long before I even listen to it a first time.

I'm sad now someone hand me tissues :(

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I'm sad now someone hand me tissues :(

overmenly-tissue_o_983403.jpg

Listen to soundtrack music on repeat for hours, especially while studying. Yeeeeah.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
But christmas songs are so beautiful 8D In Swedish, at least.

Years
I really dislike the holiday season, at least as I get older and more cynical. I mean last year alone I saw shops with christmas trees and decorations as soon as Halloween was done. That and now that Christmas itself is practically a swear word, I just have a hard time enjoying it. Perhaps having a kid or two will bring the joy back for me...maybe.

Years
I don't really like Christmas cuz I suck at gifting people. Spending time with people over the holidays makes me feel guilty for all the time I don't spend with them for the rest of the year :\

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
I adore Christmas. It is probably my favorite holiday, next to Halloween. It has always been a time of the year where people I know feel obligated to act like they love everyone and just share tender moments that they wouldn't feel comfortable doing any other time of the year. It was also the only time of the year that my mother wasn't a bipolar crazy, and actually tried her best to be that perfect parent to me. It isn't about the gifts for me, but the feeling of warmth and compassion that pervades the country. Well, it does if you're not cynical about it...kwehehe!

I listen to Christmas music all year round for the nostalgia factor. People always call me out at work for singing them out loud when we are on-site with nothing to do. It's always cool though when people actually join in, usually cool chicks with cheery attitudes~♫

Sir Codin

It seems every year they start setting up Christmas decorations and start playing holiday songs earlier and earlier.

I remember last year I saw some stores set them up before October even ended.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
It seems every year they start setting up Christmas decorations and start playing holiday songs earlier and earlier.

I remember last year I saw some stores set them up before October even ended.
Yeah I've seen that too and I really don't like it. Okay that it's a bright and nice thing to look forward to when summer's fading and darkness creeps in, but still. They could at least wait until Halloween is over? Preferably until mid-november even. But oh no.

Years
Yeah I've seen that too and I really don't like it. Okay that it's a bright and nice thing to look forward to when summer's fading and darkness creeps in, but still. They could at least wait until Halloween is over? Preferably until mid-november even. But oh no.

I've seen that too and I really don't like it. Okay that it's a bright and nice thing to look forward to when summer's fading and darkness creeps in, but still. They could at least wait until Halloween is over? Preferably until mid-november even.

I really don't like it. Okay that it's a bright and nice thing to look forward to when summer's fading and darkness creeps in, but still. They could at least wait until Halloween is over?

Okay that it's a bright and nice thing to look forward to when summer's fading and darkness creeps in, but still. They could at least

to look forward to when summer's fading and darkness creeps in, but still.

when summer's fading and darkness creeps in

darkness creeps in

247422_216767941689232_7719917_n.jpg

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
The joke is a little worn out, Drakow.

Omg though! Christmas music is great any time of the year imo! I refuse to delete Mariah's Christmas albums from my computer no matter what time of the year it is, because they're such fun to listen to!!!!! Besides, there is literally nothing wrong with All I Want For Christmas Is You. Nothing.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Yeah I catch myself singing Christmas songs all year long. I love everything tacky at Christmas.

Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2013
Christmas in particular is a high point of the year for a lot of major businesses. That's why they're always putting things out earlier and earlier each year.

Anyway, while we're in the topic of Christmas, how do you like to celebrate it, Dcc?
Do you have any family traditions?

It's the end of May, somebody please change the topic. ;-;

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
But I'm terrible at changing the topic. D;
Um. What have you guys been up to today?

That's why they're always putting things out earlier and earlier each year.
That's no excuse for Christmas displays in October! X}

Years
Can't be any worse than hearing Christmas music from November 1st to January 15th >_>

Yeah Christmas music overexposure always annoys me lol.

I always thank God whenever it's over. And yeah I have to go grocery shopping again today, currently 9:04am Sydney time right now. (And I'm meaning the one in Australia!)

Sir Codin

Wasn't even aware there was a non-Australian Sydney...

While we're on the subject of Christmas songs, this guy makes a case on how "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" illustrates the worst traits in humanity:

Last edited:

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I don't like hearing Christmas songs over and over. I'm also a noob at changing topics.
Someone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back