• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help and Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

majorgames

COuld someone write a tutorial for ripping resources from a game. I personally think it would help out alot of people [including me]. It would make it so people wouldn't request for things ripped for them. It would also help peoples projects get along faster.

1. download the emulator of what system the game you want is (for example gameboy advance for fire red)

2. download the rom of the game (for example fire red)

3. find the sprite you want in game

4. pres prt sc and post it in paint for every frame there is and take out the back ground

5. put them on one sheet per sprite and there you go

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
Years
How do I insert a tileset? ;_; *noob to the max*

Also, for the tilesets that can be found on this website (like kyledove's), do I need to do anything special to them? Like do I need to make them bigger or anything?

Halp plz. D:

StormRuler

Kung foo fighter
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2011
I've been wondering for ages how do to.
I'm using Poccil's starter kit and im trying to change the font size but I can't find the class for it.

PLZ help :)

majorgames

How do I insert a tileset? ;_; *noob to the max*

Also, for the tilesets that can be found on this website (like kyledove's), do I need to do anything special to them? Like do I need to make them bigger or anything?

Halp plz. D:

look back a bit ive already posted an answer

Klofkac

He's back!
Years
In pokémon raptor there are the ranger sprites for normal games. Can I get it? I'm sorry, if I annoy you or say this in wrong section...

majorgames

in most pokemon games a route on the minimap is more than 8x8, is there a way to make 1 route split into certain 8x8 sections without the name apearing at each section

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
Years
How big are the tiles RMXP uses, and what kind of tiles are you using?

The tiles I want to use are about the size of these (ripped by Alistair).

RMXP tilesets are 32x32.

See, if I resize them in Photoshop, they get really, really pixelated. So I wanted to know either how to make it so they won't pixelate in PS, or what different program to use if there is no such way.

Chesu

Boss Carrot
Years
Those tiles are 16x16, half of 32x32. Just increase the size by 200%. If your Photoshop pixelates or anti-aliases them, do it in MS Paint or a similarly simple program. If you change the size by full measures (50%, 200%, 400%, etc.) there shouldn't be any problem, though.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2013
With the Pokémon Starter Kit, does Choice Band just not work, or is something wrong with my copy?

Is there anyway to make it work?

Shadow-Lucario

People Just Get In The Way
Years
i need help with 2 things please

1 - i want to make riolu my starter pokemon in the pokemon lab but when i change the name in the script it works until i go to pick up the ball he is in how do i add riolu to the list of pokemon that can be used and also how do i get the event to work?

2 - i would like my starter pokemon to follow me around like it did on pokemon yellow is there anyway this can be done ? i only want my riolu to follow me and only that pokemon (well until he evolves that is)

Klofkac

He's back!
Years
i want to make riolu my starter pokemon in the pokemon lab but when i change the name in the script it works until i go to pick up the ball he is in how do i add riolu to the list of pokemon that can be used and also how do i get the event to work?
Script: pbAddPokemon(PBSpecies::RIOLU,5) adds you riolu.

Deoxys55

Deoxys Collector
Years
More tileset stuff. :D For things like water, where it's animated, do I have to place the tiles in a specific order or place on the tileset for it to animate correctly?

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2010
I m requesting for :
Darkrai charset to Rpg Maker XP
Shiny Rayquaza charset to Rpg Maker Xp
Both from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.

Tilesets :
D/P cave tilesets
Hg/Ss random tileset. ( i dont care what will be in it. just want something from hg/ss )

Of course all for Rpg Maker Xp.

Shadow-Lucario

People Just Get In The Way
Years
i need some help now i have found a way to allow characters to follow you in game but i just need to know how to allow other character to cross over multiple maps i.e. i want my following character to go from pallet town to route 1 without having them turn around and go back to the original spot

sigh i found another way which is here pbAddDependency2(@event_id,"Brawly",2) if you add that the person shall start to follow you but i want to know how to get the annoying "oh hello,i am factor 3 would you like me to leave? yes or no" anyone know how to get that off?

Last edited:

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
Years
  • Age 28
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 7, 2022
Help needed.Here we go again... =)

What script and where at in the script can I edit the screen resolution(window size) of the gameplay window to enlarge it some more?

majorgames

What script and where at in the script can I edit the screen resolution(window size) of the gameplay window to enlarge it some more?

you can already edit that while in game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back