• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Games DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
I don't see a necessity to buy into the next consoles...I think I'll be saving my money and buying a PC.

Hmmm I got more than enough money to buy Fire Emblem for 3DS but I'm also busy with school...idk what to do.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
For me, it's dumb because I bought my console when I was back in Canada but now I moved to the UK so I have to import any new games I want. Plus even those download points codes don't even work! Can you believe they region locked even those?!

To me, Osu! is MILES better than elite beat agents.. I dunno if its just the tap placement or what!
Yeah you just reminded me why region locking is gonna be a BIG problem for me... :( Best to get a US XL, then.

Really? I've heard that EBA is a better game than Ouendan because it fixed some flaws and had better tap placements. I don't know anything about Ouendan 2 though, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was better. One thing I really like about EBA is how it "westernizes" the anime/manga artstyle, and that's something I find completely charming and unforgettable...more hilarious, even. (That Duke Nukem parody level had me good.) There's just something completely special about it. That, and I find Japanese songs forgettable, whereas EBA has some songs I really like. (Canned Heat, Let's Dance and September, to name some.)

I'll probably import both of them down the road later though, as EBA is my favorite DS game. Not really my favorite rhythm game though, as I think the Rhythm Heaven series is better, but they're completely different beasts, despite seeing them mentioned together a lot.

I actually want to do a Let's Play of Donkey Kong Country Returns (100%. 200% is too brutal even for me.) but that'd require better equipments, so eh. I might stick with commentary-less videos. (It's better for my videos about EBA, for example.)

Last edited:

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Man oh man did I hit the jackpot. Found this place that sells PS2 games on the cheap, 2-3 euros each, and I found some literal steals. Got Klonoa 2, Black, Rygar, SoTC, Blood Omen 2, Soul Reaver 2, DMC3 SE, Dark Chronicle, Silent Hill 2, and Simpson's Hit and Run for about 30 euros total. Black is nothing special, but I wanted to at least have one FPS for when I'm in the mood for one, and it seemed like a great choice, and is. All the other games are amazing of course, especially Klonoa 2. It seems short, I'm in Volk City, but I do believe with Marett's House the replay factor will kick in for that 100%. Blood Omen too is also nothing amazing, but its not as bad as the reviews cited it to be. Its got a nice tone to it, and the steampunk feel it has to it is pretty cool. Gonna eventually post reviews for all 10, as I have no camera for any LP's.

Last edited:

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
I dunno, Nintendo's pretty keen on keeping the 3DS piracy free. Not to mention I really don't want piracy cause it will keep us on our toes for X/Y.

Nintendo has always been at the forefront of anti-piracy. The main reason the N64 had cartridges (and flopped to some extent) was that the N64 carts were damn hard to counterfeit, unlike the SNES for example. All my N64 carts are original US region copies. Meanwhile Sony enjoyed huge success in Third World countries because the PSX CDs were very easy to copy and a pirated one was insanely cheap. This is the biggest reason why I don't respect Sony to this day, I like hacking but their consoles are always the easiest to hack and have the most hacks available to them.

This being said, Nintendo is sometimes really paranoid. Region-locking sucks. And I don't have reservations against buying a Sony console these days, although the main reason I'm holding back is that I love car games and Forza Motorsport from Microsoft has been much superior to Gran Turismo series judging by their latest entries (FM4 and GT5).

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Okay, need quick help. Went back to that place with the PS2 games, and I'm gonna buy 1 more game that I can afford, I just can't choose. Do I go for Maximo or Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter? I'm already in the middle of DQVIII, FFXII, and Dark Chronicle is slowly eating time, so I'm wondering if I should commit to one more RPG or let myself have a game for down time, and have a good playthrough of what has to be a somewhat great hack n' slash. I mean both are gonna be owned by me at some point, I just don't know if BoF is a good choice with those RPG's already taking up time.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Man oh man did I hit the jackpot. Found this place that sells PS2 games on the cheap, 2-3 euros each, and I found some literal steals. Got Klonoa 2, Black, Rygar, SoTC, Blood Omen 2, Soul Reaver 2, DMC3 SE, Dark Chronicle, Silent Hill 2, and Simpson's Hit and Run for about 30 euros total. Black is nothing special, but I wanted to at least have one FPS for when I'm in the mood for one, and it seemed like a great choice, and is. All the other games are amazing of course, especially Klonoa 2. It seems short, I'm in Volk City, but I do believe with Marett's House the replay factor will kick in for that 100%. Blood Omen too is also nothing amazing, but its not as bad as the reviews cited it to be. Its got a nice tone to it, and the steampunk feel it has to it is pretty cool. Gonna eventually post reviews for all 10, as I have no camera for any LP's.
You don't know how much I envy you right now ;_;

Okay, need quick help. Went back to that place with the PS2 games, and I'm gonna buy 1 more game that I can afford, I just can't choose. Do I go for Maximo or Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter? I'm already in the middle of DQVIII, FFXII, and Dark Chronicle is slowly eating time, so I'm wondering if I should commit to one more RPG or let myself have a game for down time, and have a good playthrough of what has to be a somewhat great hack n' slash. I mean both are gonna be owned by me at some point, I just don't know if BoF is a good choice with those RPG's already taking up time.
Go Maximo. You have a good number of RPGs and a good number of action games, but DQVIII, FFXII, and Dark Cloud 2 (Dark Chronicle) are pretty lengthy and pretty extensive RPGs, so they'll take up more time than your action games will. I say go with Maximo in this case.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Thanks for the output, its basically what I was thinking. Also gonna find what other games this place has, cause once I get more money I'm definitely gonna gobble up some more, SCIII and TDU being the must buys at the moment.

Sir Codin

Oh God, I just finished The DIG, but listening to the music makes me want to play it again.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Welp, just finished Pokemon Black...time to play HeartGold. Probably gonna have a monopoison team!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
That sounds kinda difficult. I feel like Poison-types aren't very strong in general, are they?

Sir Codin

Poison-types have been the most whipped Pokemon type since day one.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
That sounds kinda difficult. I feel like Poison-types aren't very strong in general, are they?

They're a decent defensive type but they're crap at offense. Carchar's right; it's the type that's gotten the shaft more often than not.

Which is precisely why I wanna go monopoison or mostly poison~

Years
Hurr perhaps we should move away from the Pokemon game talk since there is a forum dedicated to that.

Anywho, how many of you are PC gamers? It feels weird moving away from Xbox; since I sold my Xbox to fund my gaming PC. Guess it worked out for the best, since I have amazing quality and can play so many more different games. You can actually be a couch potato and buy direct download games. And because of Steam & Origin, so many games to play.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
It's really strange. I hated Street Fighter x Tekken when it was first out (biggest disappointment of all time), but after the 2013 update I feel...obliged to try it again. It looks much better and they fixed a lot of issues that plagued the game back when it launched. There's still DLC characters issues (I am NOT gonna pay 15 euro just to play Dudley since I don't care about the other characters) and Gems, but I can leave them aside for now.

I love Street Fighter and I love Tekken, so I think I should give this game another chance. I heard the game is at least fun now, so... I might rebuy the game later down the road.
Since Bison probably still sucks ass and not as fun as he is in other SF games, I'll probably go with a Balrog/Dudley team. Boxers represent!
balrog-goodstance.gif
dudley-stance.gif

Steve Fox can suck it in this game though. His way complicated and out of this world boxing style is way more fitting in Tekekn anyway.

Now that I think about it this game has the most boxers in any main fighting game.

EDIT: Though, on what platform should I rebuy the game? I originally had it on Xbox 360 (and I have the DLC gems), but PS3 has exclusives Sony characters (they all suck though. Cole :(( ), and the Vita version has the DLC characters unlocked already, but I want to play fighting games with arcade sticks. PC sounds like the best and cheapest option but all I have is a laptop that doesn't run games very well....I think? (Never tried!)

Last edited:

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Mostly PC over here. Going with PC+Wii+DS last gen was perfect, and I'm gonna roll with it for a while. Missing out on some of the exclusives suck as I mentioned earlier in the thread, but its fine when you not only have all of the major releases to play, but an entire back catalog of over 15 years. I love buying PC Master over here, cause each month you get a free PC game with the magazine, and in so far I've gotten stuff like Serious Sam 1&2, Quake, MDK, Deus Ex, Morrowind, and god knows how many more classic games.

Years
Yeah, I think there are some magazines/websites that give free games for PC from time to time. There's always a sale going on somewhere, be it Steam or Humble Bundle etc. The PC itself might come quite expensive, but the games you can get, the prices...it just all adds up to a massive smile on your face.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Yep, I'd rather pay 1500 euros to build a monster rig that's gonna last me ages then buy a 500 euro console that might get some usage from me, but would be useless come next iteration. That's the one thing I like about the WiiU/3DS complete BC, and if you have a Wii you have even more BC with the gamecube.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back