• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2013
Because I'm not going to get an answer to my previous question, let me ask a simpler related one. I've read some vague information about there being an evolution table and adding too many evolutions breaking it. So, my question is if that's true or if there's danger in adding too many evolutions in general. If so, how many can be added safely without having to rewrite/repoint the table?

I used Pokemon Evolution editor to add evolutions that YAPE refused to, described in my post on the last page.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Because I'm not going to get an answer to my previous question, let me ask a simpler related one. I've read some vague information about there being an evolution table and adding too many evolutions breaking it. So, my question is if that's true or if there's danger in adding too many evolutions in general. If so, how many can be added safely without having to rewrite/repoint the table?

I used Pokemon Evolution editor to add evolutions that YAPE refused to, described in my post on the last page.

Every pokemon has 5 slots in the table for evolution. (Not sure about the 25 extras, though I know you can evolve to them no problem, I don't know if they can evolve) The only way to change this is to repoint and rework the table, and also change the routine that checks a pokemons potential evoltutions at level up to check for a different number of evolutions.

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
Is there a patch that exists for Ruby like the FR JPAN hack engine? Or would I have to go through and delete all the scripts myself?

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
There is none, but you could make one and share it on the rom hacking resources so other people could use it.

Years
  • CO
  • Seen Mar 16, 2023
Hello all ^_^
I have come up with an idea for a great mod but I came to a halt again as I need to come up with a simple Bank System,Bank tiles and Bank tellers. I know that the players mom can save money for the player but I need to take that an implement it with withdraw and deposit functions.

My question is though can this even be done in Fire Red?
or any of the gba roms.

Also how can one port the berry system and other systems from other pokemon roms?
ergo: Black and White exp system, hideout system, other HMs* ect.

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2014
A script that gives an egg. See diegoisawesome's XSE tutorial.

ya but there's only one script giving an egg and for the man to give you the egg, your pokemon has to be at max happiness, which doesn't really work if your trying to get it to be your first pokemon..

Last edited:

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
Is there a way to expand the TM table? It could be helpful right about now.

karatekid552

Years
Is there a way to expand the TM table? It could be helpful right about now.

Jambo said it is tough and not at all fun. You could however, using JPAN's engine, create fake TMs that are regular items (and would go in that pocket), but run the move tutor codes he wrote.

This is my event screen
View attachment 68812

EDIT: And I tried it this way also to no avail.
View attachment 68813

Also is there a way to disable the screen in firered that appears when you give a pokemon an item? It's really annoying and I feel like it's a simple hex change. In case you don't know what I'm talking about, heres a picture.

View attachment 68811

Try using the first image warp location and setting the behavior byte to 6A, for the tile that the warp is on.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2013
Hello good people of the PokeCommunity, a newbie in rom hacking right here. I already searched this thread for the word "fairy" because I'm interested to know how to add a new type to a fire red romhack, particularly the fairy type, and I found someone who already asked it, and one of the answers they got was exactly "Fairly simple ASM with a lot of hex editing". Yeah, now I want to know how to do that. Please don't hate on me if there already is a tutorial on it since I'm kinda new, the forums are huge and is not that easy looking for stuff specially if you don't know programming nor have experience in rom hacking, but if there really is a tutorial on it I would be happy if I was linked to it, even though I'm only interested in adding the fairy type to the romhack.

Also, Someone else answered
"If you wanted to, you can change the ???-image, and just repoint and expand the type effectiveness table. Just remember to change Curse into a Ghost-type move.

Though that only adds one more type, it would allow for Fairy-type without hacking the routines."

Even though this would change the eggs to the fairy type, I don't mind that, and this seems to be a lot easier to do, however, as I said I know nothing about programming and am new to romhacking, so I still need help. Could someone please tell me how to do it? I found in these same forums a "Type Resistances Editor" by some FinalZero guy, and of course it lets me modify the ??? type, but apparently the program doesn't allow the number of entries to be modified, so in order to add an entry (for example "??? vs Dragon = 2") another entry must get deleted.

Please, help? Thanks a lot in advance.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
And I tried it this way also to no avail.
View attachment 68813

10pdoio.jpg

That tile with a green circle, change the 'Behavior Byte' to 63.
Then, move the warp tile on that spot.
Then, try and put '4' on the Unknown on the warp tile.
Spoiler:

Years
10pdoio.jpg

That tile with a green circle, change the 'Behavior Byte' to 63.
Then, move the warp tile on that spot.
Then, try and put '4' on the Unknown on the warp tile.
Spoiler:

Just tried that, and still nothing. Which is weird because all other warps work (ie doors/bedroom stairs)

Years
No, can you post both scripts. The whole things. Open up both of them in XSE and copy and paste them here. The offset tells me absolutely nothing.

Hey.-. sorry for being kinda' annoying lately ._.

Here's the script for the trainer flag
#Dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
settrainerflag 0x360
end

And for the trainer
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
trainerbattle 0x0 0x360 0x0 @before @after
msgbox @beaten 0x6
release
end

And Here's for the trainer one
#org @before
= Sun Team, GO!

#org @after
= Nooo!

#org @beaten
= My Sunny Team can help me in Cooking

karatekid552

Years
Hey.-. sorry for being kinda' annoying lately ._.

Here's the script for the trainer flag
#Dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
settrainerflag 0x360
end

And for the trainer
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
trainerbattle 0x0 0x360 0x0 @before @after
msgbox @beaten 0x6
release
end

And Here's for the trainer one
#org @before
= Sun Team, GO!

#org @after
= Nooo!

#org @beaten

You should never expand over 0x2FF trainers, or their flags begin to overlap flags 0x800 and up. Even for huge hacks, like Liquid Crystal, which has 2.5 regions, this was been enough trainers. The reason your script doesn't continue is because you are using the wrong trainer type. So, here is the fix:

Trainer Script:
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
trainerbattle 0x3 0x360 0x0 @before @after
msgbox @beaten 0x6
release
end

#org @before
= Sun Team, GO!

#org @after
= Nooo! 

#org @beaten

This should get it working.

Years
You should never expand over 0x2FF trainers, or their flags begin to overlap flags 0x800 and up. Even for huge hacks, like Liquid Crystal, which has 2.5 regions, this was been enough trainers. The reason your script doesn't continue is because you are using the wrong trainer type. So, here is the fix:

Trainer Script:
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
trainerbattle 0x3 0x360 0x0 @before @after
msgbox @beaten 0x6
release
end

#org @before
= Sun Team, GO!

#org @after
= Nooo!